WYMT | Eastern KY | News, Weather, Sports

Man electrocuted while doing repairs on unemployment office

A man has died after being electrocuted while working on repairs at an unemployment office.

The man was rushed to the hospital, where he later died, after being electrocuted at the Rowan County Unemployment Office in Morehead.

Officials aren't yet releasing the man's name, because they are working to contact his family. They do say he's in his 40's and was a contracted electrician.

Crews were working on the office after flooding damaged the building.

When emergency crews arrived they found the man in a tight space in the attic and had to remove him before they started CPR.

The building was not open to the public.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WYMT CONTACT INFO 199 Black Gold Blvd. Hazard, KY 41701 606-436-5757 - switchboard 606-439-9968 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 100651814 - wkyt.com/a?a=100651814
Gray Television, Inc.