About thirty people are back in their homes after they were evacuated today following a large fire at a Corbin factory.
First responders were worried the fire could be sending hazardous fumes into the air.
"I just heard a big explosion, looked out the window and there was fire everywhere! It went way up in the sky," Bethany Day said.
So Bethany Day grabbed her camera and pointed it across the street towards the old American Greetings building, where an angry fire was consuming a hazardous waste building next to what is now the Kentucky Cabinets Factory.
First responders were worried about what might be going up in the smoke and told about thirty people living behind the plant to leave their homes.
"Until we got a definite on what was stored inside the building we didn't want to take any chances. That's why we went ahead and displaced those people from their homes," Brian Reams, Laurel County Emergency Management.
Emergency personnel determined the fumes from the burning acetone and glue were not hazardous and after about thirty minutes they let residents go back to their homes and no one was hurt.
"There was not one in the building at the time of the fire, there had been nobody around the building. Everybody had been inside working," Reams said.
Fire investigators aren't giving any indication as to what might have started the fire that caused quite a sight and quite a scare for residents in the area.
It took firefighters from three departments nearly an hour to get that fire under control.