Women Accusing Martin City Officer Of Abuse Speak Out

By: Danielle Morgan Email
By: Danielle Morgan Email

Three women say a Martin City police officer did some dirty work on February 1st and they're willing to take a polygraph test to prove they were sexually and physically assaulted. Thursday they filed a lawsuit against the officer and the city of Martin. WYMT sat down with the women to hear what they say happened. Their identities have been concealed for protection.

It's a night that still haunts these three women. A 19, 20 and 22 year old say they were playing video games with friends until they say two officers showed up on a noise complaint. The guys at the party were told to leave. The women say everything settled down at the home until Martin City Police Officer Jeremy Shepard took them all by surprise with a third visit, this time alone.

"He just barged in," one of the alleged victim's said. "I was terrified because he had a gun on his side."

The women over 21 admit they had some drinks that night, but not enough to cloud their memories. They say they were physically and sexually assaulted, while being held against their will. They say it all began when Officer Shepard asked to speak to the old girl privately.

"I told him no, I told him it wasn't right," one of the alleged victim's said.

"He forced two girls in a room and assaulted them," said Attorney David Barber.

At some point, Barber says at least five 911 calls were made before state police arrived. The first call was made by "Terri" who says she snuck downstairs to call for help.

"I called my boyfriend for help," she said.

The women say he didn't leave until the parents of two girls arrived to check on them.

Shepard had only been a city officer for three weeks before this allegedly happened. Before that the Floyd County Sheriff says Shepard was a deputy for three years before quitting in the fall to work for a coal company. Sheriff Blackburn says he never had any complaints on Shepard, but these women say they'll submit to a lie detector test to prove they're not lying about his alleged dirty work on February 1st.

Mayor of Martin Thomasine Robinson says she has no comment about the lawsuit because she has not received any legal papers. Robinson says Officer Shepard is still suspended with pay.

Kentucky State Police are still investigating the case. No charges have been filed.

WYMT CONTACT INFO 199 Black Gold Blvd. Hazard, KY 41701 606-436-5757 - switchboard 606-439-9968 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 5855186 - wkyt.com/a?a=5855186
Gray Television, Inc.