An Eastern Kentucky teenager who died in a cabin fire over the weekend will be laid to rest Tuesday. The visitation for 19 year old Jonah Aaron Pratt was held Monday night in Hazard.
Family members say Jonah Pratt and his friends were having fun, spending the weekend camping when the cabin they were staying in caught on fire. Everyone made it out except Jonah. Tonight his loved ones remember him as a quiet, good hearted person who will be missed.
"Just like a black cloud going over you. It was just shock," said Jack Gabbard, Jonah's cousin.
Family members say they're still in disbelief after 19 year old Jonah Pratt died over the weekend after being trapped in a cabin.
"Me and Jonah were more like brothers. We grew up pretty close. Just best friends. It's a tragedy," Gabbard said.
Gabbard says Jonah and some friends were camping at a cabin just miles from his parents home in Perry County. After the fire started, Gabbard says Jonah was able to wake his friends up and they got out, but Jonah couldn't escape.
"I couldn't believe it and just how unexpected it was to die that way. It just really upset me. Jonah and I were together everyday since the day we were born. He was like my little brother," said Bethany Begley, Jonah's cousin.
Pratt graduated from Hazard High School in May 2005 and friends say he worked alongside his father at Wayne Supply.
"He was shy, laid back, but if you knew him, he was very bubbly, a great person," Gabbard said.
"I love him and I'll miss him," Begley said.
The fire is believed to be accidental and police say no foul play is suspected.
The funeral for Pratt will be held at noon Tuesday at the Engle-Walker Funeral Home in Hazard.