$1.4 Million in New Money for PRIDE Heading to Eastern Kentucky

WASHINGTON, DC.- U.S. Rep. Harold "Hal" Rogers (KY-05) announced today that a fresh infusion of PRIDE funds is on its way to Eastern Kentucky. $1.4 million in Army Corps of Engineers' funding has been awarded to advance PRIDE's environmental infrastructure improvement program.

"With this funding, our ongoing campaign to eliminate straight pipes and failing septic systems and provide more of our citizens with safe, sanitary wastewater treatment services can continue," Rogers said. "The Corps of Engineers has been a valued partner throughout the 10-year history of PRIDE, and I am pleased to see this relationship continue."

Rogers continued, "This funding is just one more step in our mission to restore our waterways to their pristine beauty. We're working hard to put a new face on the region, and we plan to share it with tourists from all over."

The Corps funding, known as the Section 531 Program, provides grants to counties, cities and utilities for innovative wastewater treatment projects, sewer line extensions or treatment plant upgrades in rural areas. The award covers 75 percent of the project cost, and the local entity contributes the remaining 25 percent.

Through this and other grant programs, PRIDE has invested $116 million to provide sanitary wastewater treatment service to more than 27,000 homes in the region. Rogers works to obtain federal funding for projects across Southern and Eastern Kentucky in his role as a senior member of the House Appropriations Committee.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WYMT CONTACT INFO 199 Black Gold Blvd. Hazard, KY 41701 606-436-5757 - switchboard 606-439-9968 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 6677322 - wkyt.com/a?a=6677322
Gray Television, Inc.