It's a been months since Kentucky's largest home for mentally challenged adults was cited, but Oakwood in Somerset was slapped with another type A citation last week.
The Somerset Commonwealth Journal reports that Oakwood was cited Thursday because a disabled client almost choked to death. The incident allegedly happened when staff members let the resident eat a hamburger while in a vehicle without the appropriate precautions being taken. It's reported in the citation that the resident in question had a tendency to eat too fast.
It's the first citation since Oakwood's management firm changed last year.
The director says he is considering an appeal.