Winter weather is predicted - help us to protect our community's blood supply. The Kentucky Blood Center along with its nearly 70 healthcare partners must operate 24/7 to ensure patients who need lifesaving blood get it.
· KBC needs about 400 pints of blood daily. Due to already related weather conditions around the state, multiple blood drives have cancelled.
· Tomorrow, there are only enough drives scheduled to collect 300 units. With upcoming weather conditions, these blood drives are in jeopardy. If your organization is hosting a blood drive tomorrow or Friday, please make every effort to keep it scheduled.
· At this moment, area hospitals' blood supply is stable. However, KBC's levels for distribution are dangerously low - only about a 1-day supply.
· If your school or business closes, please donate blood at the nearest location.
· Go to kybloodcenter.org or call 800-775-2522 to find the closest donor center or blood mobile location.>