A fire destroys more than 40 years of memories for one Letcher County man and his family. James Bennett Adams lost his former place of business, his hobby shop and a building he loved.
James Bennett Adams looks at what is left of the building he built by hand almost 40 years ago.
"I didn't enjoy seeing it go down. A lot, a lot of memories. A lot of memories," said James Bennett Adams, the owner of the building.
Adams says the fire destroyed nearly everything.
"It was tools to make electric guitars. Real costly tools. Some tools would cost five to six hundred dollars for each piece. All the guitar molds, they're gone. It's a bad situation."
But one thing was left behind.
"The only thing that didn't burn was the stove and that's what burned everything else," Adams said.
Luckily no one was hurt and no other damage was done to his property or to his mother's home, which is right next door. Adams says he wants to rebuild in the spring, but he will use metal instead of wood to do it.