Apartment fire leaves 10 families homeless

By: Maisie Insko Email
By: Maisie Insko Email

Ten families are without a home tonight after a fire in the Artemus community of Knox County.

Officials say the fire started around 1:30am Thursday morning in a lower level apartment.

A fire fighter and infant were taken to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.

Officials say it was the man who lived in the apartment where the fire started that suffered the worst injuries.

"He was unconscious and he had burns and smoke inhalation,” Artemus Fire Chief John Bays

Neighbors say the man’s name was Keith Bays.

He was flown to the UK Medical Center and at last check was listed in critical condition.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WYMT CONTACT INFO 199 Black Gold Blvd. Hazard, KY 41701 606-436-5757 - switchboard 606-439-9968 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 138619319 - wkyt.com/a?a=138619319
Gray Television, Inc.