A Clay County couple is facing abuse charges for allegedly endangering their child.
The 11-month-old boy was hospitalized earlier this month after inhaling fumes from a substance police say could be associated with making meth.
The boy's parents, Sonny Gray and Christina Collett, are charged with second-degree criminal abuse.
Police began investigating when the parents brought the boy to Manchester Memorial Hospital, saying their son was having breathing problems due to choking on a piece of meat.
Police suspected something more after smelling a strong chemical odor coming from the boy.
Police found a jar of unidentified liquid on a low shelf in the parent's home.
The long-term effects of exposure to toxic chemicals can range permament lung damage to serious brain damage.