One community is pulling together to help ten families who lost their homes in a fire early Thursday morning in Knox County.
That fire destroyed an apartment building that is more than 100 years old.
"We've just gotta move on and hope for the best," said Lucky Thurmond, who lived in one of the apartments.
That is what nearly 30 people, including 6-week-old baby Logan, are doing after losing everything they owned in a fire just days ago in Artemus.
Thanks to the help from their community things are looking up.
"We wouldn't have anything without their help. I didn't even think to grab nothing. Everything we had burned. Everything," said Doris Gray, who also lived in one of the apartments.
The Artemus First Baptist Church has played a big role in getting their lives back to normal collecting donations, providing housing, and giving support.
"We've got a wonderful community here and the people have a heart to help," said Wanda Engle, who is a member of Artemus First Baptist Church.
Helping hands, clothes, household items, and food are what the fire victims need to get back on their feet.
That fire that took those families homes is still smoldering filling the air in Artemus with the smell of smoke, which makes it difficult for anyone in the community to forget what happened.
Gray and many others say knowing their families are safe keeps them from dwelling on what they lost.
"I'm not worried about the belongings. They can be replaced. As long as I know my babies are fine and my mom is okay, then that's all that matters to me," said Gray.
"All of us are safe. We've got a roof over our head. We are thankful for the church. You can't ask for no better than that," said Thurmond.
The fire victims intend to continue moving forward not looking back.
One man, Keith Bays, was flown to UK Hospital Thursday morning because of injuries from the fire. He remains in critical condition.
You can donate items to the Artemus First Baptist Church or money in the missional fund for the fire victims at Commercial Bank in Barbourville.