Dryer fire cause evacuation at Hazard High School

By: Erika Glover Email
By: Erika Glover Email
Students at Hazard High School were evacuated around two o

MGN Online

HAZARD, Ky. (WYMT)- Students at Hazard High School were evacuated around two o'clock Friday afternoon after a dryer caught on fire.

Students moved to the forum as a precaution and the hazard fire department is checking the sprinkler system. Officials say it was a dryer in the home economics department and one sprinkler went off.

Superintendent Sandra Johns tells us, “The loss is very minimal. we lost four or five ceiling tiles. A clothes dryer and the great thing about it is that no one was injured. All the students are safe.”

Once the building was cleared, students got their bags and waited for dismissal.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WYMT CONTACT INFO 199 Black Gold Blvd. Hazard, KY 41701 606-436-5757 - switchboard 606-439-9968 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 231198951 - wkyt.com/a?a=231198951
Gray Television, Inc.