Firefighters battle blaze

More than a dozen firefighters were needed to fight a fire in Corbin Sunday.

Officials say the fire was originally reported at an apartment building on Crawford Lane, but after arriving at the scene they realized the fire was actually at a mobile home on the property.

Officials say there were two propane tanks outside the home and firefighters immediately sprayed them down to keep them from exploding.

They say the home was destroyed and was likely started by a child playing with a candle.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WYMT CONTACT INFO 199 Black Gold Blvd. Hazard, KY 41701 606-436-5757 - switchboard 606-439-9968 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 129681843 - wkyt.com/a?a=129681843
Gray Television, Inc.