FRANKFORT, Ky. - People have the opportunity to exchange ideas and engage in open conversation with staff from the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources during a series of town hall meetings being held across the state.
The nine town hall meetings begin Feb. 13 in Lexington and conclude with the final session April 2 in Morehead. Individual meetings are subject to rescheduling due to bad weather.
The meetings encompass Kentucky Fish and Wildlifes goal of striving toward a more informed and involved public. Commissioner Jon Gassett and managers of the departments various programs will be on hand to answer questions, provide updates and discuss issues of interest to hunters, anglers, trappers, boaters and other wildlife/outdoor enthusiasts. The commission member representing the district will also attend the meeting.
All meetings will begin at 7 p.m. local time. Meetings, dates, locations and counties in each district include:
* Lexington, 6th Wildlife District, Monday, Feb. 13. Meeting to be held at the Kentucky Horse Park, North Exhibit Hall, Iron Works Road. Use the main entrance. This district includes Anderson, Boyle, Casey, Clark, Estill, Fayette, Franklin, Garrard, Jessamine, Lee, Lincoln, Madison, Mercer, Powell, Rockcastle, Scott and Woodford counties.
* Louisville, 3rd Wildlife District, Wednesday, Feb. 15. Meeting to be held at the E.P. "Tom" Sawyer Park Community Center, 2201 Lakeland Road. This district includes Breckinridge, Bullitt, Jefferson, Meade, Oldham, Shelby and Spencer counties.
* Burlington, 5th Wildlife District, Thursday, Feb. 16. Meeting to be held in Britt Hall, Immaculate Heart of Mary, 5876 Veterans Way. This district includes Boone, Bracken, Campbell, Carroll, Gallatin, Grant, Harrison, Henry, Kenton, Owen, Pendleton, Robertson and Trimble counties.
* LeBurn, 7th Wildlife District, Wednesday, March 21. Meeting to be held at Knott County Sportsplex, 450 Kenny Champion Loop. This district includes Breathitt, Floyd, Johnson, Harlan, Knott, Lawrence, Leslie, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, Owsley, Perry and Pike counties.
* Somerset, 9th Wildlife District, Thursday, March 22. Meeting to be held at The Center for Rural Development, 2292 South U.S. 27. This district includes Bell, Clay, Clinton, Jackson, Knox, Laurel, McCreary, Pulaski, Russell, Wayne and Whitley counties.
* Gilbertsville, 1st Wildlife District, Monday, March 26. Meeting to be held at the Kentucky Dam Village Convention Center, 113 Administration Drive. This district includes Ballard, Caldwell, Calloway, Carlisle, Christian, Crittenden, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Livingston, Lyon, McCracken, Marshall and Trigg counties.
* Powderly, 2nd Wildlife District, Tuesday, March 27. Meeting to be held at the Merle Travis Music Center, 750 Cleaton Road. This district includes Allen, Butler, Daviess, Hancock, Henderson, Hopkins, Logan, McLean, Muhlenberg, Ohio, Simpson, Todd, Union, Warren and Webster counties.
* Campbellsville, 4th Wildlife District, Wednesday, March 28. Meeting to be held at the Banquet Hall in the Badgett Academic Support Center, Campbellsville University, 110 University Drive. This district includes Adair, Barren, Cumberland, Edmonson, Grayson, Green, Hardin, Hart, Larue, Marion, Metcalfe, Monroe, Nelson, Taylor and Washington counties.
* Morehead, 8th Wildlife District, Monday, April 2. Meeting to be held at the Perkins Center, KY 32, 1/2 mile south of I-64 on the right. This district includes Bath, Bourbon, Boyd, Carter, Elliott, Fleming, Greenup, Lewis, Mason, Menifee, Montgomery, Morgan, Nicholas, Rowan and Wolfe counties.
For more information about the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources, visit online at fw.ky.gov.