Golf clubhouse fire is ruled accidental

A state fire marshal says the fire that destroyed the Harlan Country Club's clubhouse appears to have been accidental.

The fire started at around one am on Sunday morning.

Kentucky Fire Marshal David Broderick says the fire is believed to have started in the basement.

However, the exact cause is known at this time.

A family lived in the clubhouse but no one was injured.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WYMT CONTACT INFO 199 Black Gold Blvd. Hazard, KY 41701 606-436-5757 - switchboard 606-439-9968 - newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 151798125