COALTON, Ky. (WYMT/WSAZ) - One wrong step was the cause of a house fire that sent one man to the hospital.
Larry Fryer, of Coalton, Ky., was attempting to start a fire in his wood burning stove when he slipped and fell. When he fell he ignited the fire which quickly spread through the house, according to neighbor Don Salyers who spoke to Fryer after the fire started.
Salyers said that Fryer hit his head when he fell but appeared to be okay although the house went up in flames quickly.
"The flames were shooting out over the porch when I come outside. I just wanted to make sure he was out of the house and after that unseen that he was safe and then we called the fire department," Salyers said.
Fryer was transported to the hospital to be checked out.
Enter your number for a chance to win great prizes!
Message and data rates may apply