LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - An 88-year-old man who was burned in a
Louisville house fire just before Thanksgiving has died.
Maj. Henry Ott, chief arson investigator, said Benjamin Rau died
Saturday at University Hospital. He suffered second- and third-degree
burns over about 70 percent of his body, Louisville Fire & Rescue
Officials said five family members and a neighbor were
hospitalized and treated for smoke inhalation and other ailments.
Ott said the fire began after a piece of Rau's clothing passed
over a lit candle and began burning. He said Rau took off the
clothes and patted out the fire before falling asleep nearby. But
the fire wasn't extinguished and began to burn after Rau fell
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.