McDonald's employee helps choking boy

HARLAN, Ky. (AP) - A quick-thinking McDonald's employee in
Harlan has helped save the life of a 7-year-old boy.

When 21-year-old Justin Rowe heard a woman start screaming that
her child was choking, he jumped into action, using the first aid
training he received in high school.

Rowe told the Harlan Daily Enterprise that he used the Heimlich
Maneuver on the child, which dislodged the piece of nugget.

"It just all came back to me," said Rowe. "I didn't even
think about it. I just knew I had to do something and I did. There
were a couple of nurses in the restaurant who assisted the young
man afterwards."

Casey Dillman, who is the boy's mother, said she is thankful for
Rowe's quick reaction a week ago.

"I was panicking and didn't know what to do. I really
appreciate what Justin did. My son could have died and Justin saved
his life."

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WYMT CONTACT INFO 199 Black Gold Blvd. Hazard, KY 41701 606-436-5757 - switchboard 606-439-9968 - newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 129252963 - wkyt.com/a?a=129252963