GRAPEVINE, Ky. (WYMT) - Family members tell us the victim was Travis Good, 36.
Officials tell us it started as an electrical fire.
Good was found in the home by the owner of the trailer in the Grapevine community Thursday.
Funeral arrangements are not finalized.
Original story (4-4-13)
GRAPEVINE, Ky (WYMT) - A fire has claimed the life of one person in the Grapevine community of Pike County.
For officials with the Grapevine Fire Department, Thursday's deadly fire hit close to home.
"We got a call this morning that there was a trailer that had been on fire, and the people that owned the place found a body," said Fire Chief Jeff Tanselle.
Officials say the owner of the trailer found the body of the 36-year-old man who was currently living there.
The Grapevine Fire Chief says it was his own cousin that was killed in the fire.
"Yes I know who it is, but at this point in time we can't give out information, because it is still an investigation with the State Fire Marshall," said Tanselle.
Officials believe it was an electrical fire that started in the bathroom of the trailer.
Firefighters say they didn't have many flames to fight when they arrived, because the trailer's water lines had broken putting them out.
But the chief says that didn't make the call any easier for those who knew the man personally.
"It's going to be tough. We've had a lot of people come up here today, and as you know in small communities, word gets around fast so there's been a lot of support for the family," said Tanselle.
He says many people are continuing to give that support to everyone involved.
Officials are still investigating, but they say no foul play is suspected.