With temperatures dropping outside, the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning is expected to increase.
More than 400 Americans die every year from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning and more than 4000 Americans are hospitalized.
If you have any signs of carbon monoxide poisoning you need to get to the emergency room.
The treatment for it would be high doses of oxygen.
Unless suspected, CO poisoning can be difficult to diagnose since the symptoms mimic other illnesses.
Some of the early symptoms could be like the flu symptoms like nausea, headache and fatigue.
Household items including furnaces, generators, and charcoal grills produce this poisonous gas
Carbon monoxide is found in combustion fumes, which are produced by sources like heaters.
Carbon monoxide from these sources can build up in enclosed or partially enclosed spaces.
Even though carbon monoxide poisoning cannot be seen, smelled or heard---it can be stopped.
Officials recommend that you install a battery operated c-o detector near every sleeping area in your home.