A joint investigation by the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office, the Somerset Police Department, and Operation UNITE into the illegal purchasing of methamphetamine precursors has resulted in several arrests.
On Tuesday, detectives with the Sheriff’s Office and Police Department’s Criminal Investigation Divisions and Narcotics Division, and Operation UNITE conducted surveillance at Somerset area pharmacies for the purpose of identifying persons improperly buying pseudoephedrine products. During the course of the ten hour surveillance operation, several persons were observed and identified buying pseudoephedrine products for the purpose of manufacturing methamphetamine.
The investigation resulted in the following arrests:
• Michael S Foster, 28, 265 Whitson Rd Somerset, KY – charged with Manufacturing Methamphetamine 1st offense and Fleeing and Evading on foot 2nd degree
• Jason E Combs, 38, 3699 Heathers Way Somerset, KY – charged with Manufacturing Methamphetamine 1st offense
• Daniel D Bailey, 27, 1226 Lakeview Ave Burnside, KY – charged with Manufacturing Methamphetamine 1st offense
• William W Wilson III, 28, 870 Lakeview Dr Lot 8 Somerset, KY – charged with Unlawful Possession of Meth Precursor 1st offense
• Robert Darrell Mouser, 39, 3076 N Hwy 1247 Somerset, KY – charged with Unlawful Distribution of Meth Precursor 1st offense
• Paul D Dabney, 43, 81 Poppy Lane Somerset, KY – charged with Manufacturing Methamphetamine 1st offense
• Raymond E Merrill, 50, 603 West Columbia St Somerset, KY – charged with Manufacturing Methamphetamine 1st offense
• Barry S Logan, 46, 310 Jasper Street Somerset, KY – cited to court on a charge of Possession of Marijuana
In addition to the drug charges, units also arrested the following persons on other charges:
• Toby Greshaw, 27, 114 Magnolia Ave Somerset, KY – charged on an outstanding Pulaski Family Court Warrant for Failure to Appear
• Samuel Travis Vaughn, 26, 12965 West Hwy 80 Nancy, KY – charged on an outstanding Pulaski District Court Warrant for Failure to Appear
• Codie A Marcum, 19, 5574 Hwy 235 Nancy, KY – charged on an outstanding Pulaski District Court Warrant for Failure to Appear and on a Pulaski Circuit Court Indictment for Receiving Stolen Property
• Christopher S Jones, 31, 714 Jackson Street Lexington, KY – charged on an outstanding Laurel County District Court Warrant for Failure to Appear
The following persons were issued citations for traffic offenses:
• Ricky Lee Vaughn, 27, 41A Old Pumphouse Road Somerset, KY – charged with Failure to Wear Seat Belts
• Daphne D Acton, 32, 25 Railroad Drive Burnside, KY – charged with Failure of Non-Owner to Maintain Vehicle Insurance
During the operation, pseudoephedrine, lithium batteries, and numerous other ingredients used for manufacturing methamphetamine, as well as several firearms were confiscated.
“This operation is an example of our commitment to arrest drug offenders in our community’ said Sheriff Todd Wood. “We will continue to partner with other law-enforcement officers and use all resources at our disposal to rid our streets of these drugs.”
“The methamphetamine problem in our community demands we put as many resources to fight it as we can,” said Somerset Police Major Doug Nelson. “The arrests made by the combined efforts of the police department and sheriff’s department should send a strong message about our commitment keep our communities safe.”
The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office, the Somerset Police Department, and Operation UNITE will continue their efforts in these surveillance operations.