Two injured following weekend fire in Logan County, WV

MAN, W.Va. (WYMT/WSAZ) - Two people had to be flown to the hospital Sunday afternoon after flames tore through a home in Man, West Virginia.

The state fire marshal's office is investigating the fire. It happened just after 1:00 p.m. in the 400 block of Main Street.

The fire marshal says a woman in her mid 50's and an elderly man, about 80 years old, were inside the home.

The woman was able to drag the man out of the house, but both suffered severe burns.

Investigators say a mattress was placed close to a heater. They're looking into the possibility that that may have started it. However, no official cause has been released.

The fire marshal says there were no working smoke detectors inside.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WYMT CONTACT INFO 199 Black Gold Blvd. Hazard, KY 41701 606-436-5757 - switchboard 606-439-9968 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 230466041 - wkyt.com/a?a=230466041
Gray Television, Inc.