KRYPTON, Ky. (WYMT) - A fire Monday evening in the Krypton Community burned one woman's house to the ground, but no one was hurt.
Firefighters got the call shortly after 6 o'clock Monday evening that a home in Krypton was on fire, and that someone might be inside.
"When we arrived on the scene, it was fully engulfed in flames," said A.J. Hamblin of Krypton Fire & Rescue, "but we learned from a bystander that there was no one in the house. Thank God there was nobody hurt."
Fire officials identified the woman living at the home as 49-year-old Alberta Campbell.
WYMT talked to Campbell's family. They didn't want to appear on camera. They did say they are in shock, but they are glad Campbell made it out ok.
The Grapevine/Chavies Volunteer Fire Department helped Krypton Fire & Rescue battle the blaze until it was under control.
"That's our job, to protect the community, and that's what we're here for," Hamblin said.
The house was a total loss. Firefighters on the scene said they hate to see it any time someone loses their home to fire.
There is no word on what may have sparked the fire, but firefighters do not believe the circumstances were suspicious.