Statewide tornado drill postponed
Posted: 5:00 PM
- Governor Steve Beshear is encouraging families to update and practice emergency tornado plans.
Fire on church property investigated as arson
36 mins ago
- The fire happened in a building away from the church's other buildings.
Three years after tornado, official remembers the 'nightmare' in Laurel Co.
Updated: 6:15 PM
- 18 tornadoes ripped through the state on March 2, 1012. 24 people were killed, including six in Laurel County.
Judge dismisses lawsuit filed by Pike County fiscal court against state officials
Updated: 5:56 PM
- They filed the suit over a new process it must go through to receive coal severance tax proceeds.
Principal helps to deliver water during snow days
48 mins ago
- The principal says this is not the first time he has helped in this way.
Court in Virginia hears media's gag order appeal in mine case
Posted: 4:53 PM
- Blankenship was CEO when the Upper Big Branch Mine in West Virginia exploded in 2010, killing 29 men.
VIDEO: Fatal shooting involving LAPD
Updated: 4:38 PM
- The shooting took place near the Union Rescue Mission, a homeless shelter in a neighborhood rife with poverty.
WEB EXCLUSIVE: Remembering the March 2nd, 2012 Tornado Outbreak
Posted: 11:54 AM
- Steve Hensley looks back at our coverage of the March 2nd, 2012 tornado outbreak.
14-year-old Alabama girl killed after Facebook argument
Updated: 4:40 PM
- Police in Alabama say a group of girls who quarreled on Facebook decided to take their grievances to a Birmingham park, where their fight was going to be videotaped and then posted online, CNN affiliate WBRC reported.
Child fighting cancer inspires Rowan Co. H.S. basketball team
Posted: 3:24 AM
- He's already been through more than many of us face in our entire lives. But when he steps on the court, you'd never know it.
Federal judge blocks Nebraska's gay marriage ban
Posted: 10:23 AM
- Seven same-sex couples filed a lawsuit last year challenging the state's voter-backed ban. Last week, Bataillon heard arguments for and against a motion for an injunction to block enforcement of the ban while the lawsuit is pending.
Three vehicle Pulaski County crash kills Laurel County man
Updated: 10:19 AM
- In a release deputies say Bryan Brewer had to be extracted from his vehicle and was taken to Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital where
he died. Cecil Smith was flown to UK Medical Center while Charlene Lovins and her 9-year-old passenger were not injured.
Driver slams car into fire department, leaves scene of accident
Posted: 3:24 AM
- Deputies in Laurel County are trying to track down the person responsible for ramming their car into the Lily Fire Department last Friday.
UPDATE: Water shortage in Floyd County leaves many without water
- More than 100 Southern Water and Sewer customers in Floyd County do not have running water.
Harlan Co. officials test flood gates in response to expected rainfall
- With heavy rainfall predicted on Tuesday and Wednesday in some mountain communities, officials with Harlan County Emergency Management spent the weekend testing the County's flood gates, designed to prevent river flooding in several county locations. WYMT spoke to officials Sunday about these efforts, along with representatives from the American Red Cross.
Israeli PM in US for controversial speech
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is in Washington to deliver the speech to Congress that the Obama administration did not want him to give.
More WYMT Headlines