Police searching for escaped inmate in Pike County
22 mins ago
- Police are searching for an inmate they say escaped Pikeville Medical Center Saturday night.
Coroner: fatal accident on 1-75 near mile marker 21
Posted: 10:25 AM
- The Whitley County Coroner's Office tells WKYT that authorities a currently working a fatal accident near the Williamsburg area.
Syrian opposition: Dozens killed, wounded in Russian strikes
Posted: 10:05 AM
- Syrian opposition media report at least 18 people killed in what are believed to have been Russian airstrikes on a northern Syrian town held by insurgents. The reports say dozens more were wounded.
Turkey says pilot's body to be flown back to Russia
Posted: 10:02 AM
- The Turkish prime minister says Turkey has taken delivery of the body of a Russian pilot who was killed after Turkish F-16s shot down a Russian warplane.
President to head to France for major climate conference
Posted: 6:01 AM
- The critical global climate conference kicks off in Paris tomorrow and President Barack Obama is among world leaders arriving today as he tries to cement a legacy of environmental protection.
Pope Francis lands in capital of Central African Republic
Posted: 5:57 AM
- Pope Francis has landed in the capital of Central African Republic, his final stop in Africa and where he will seek to heal a country wracked by conflict between Muslims and Christians.
Source reveals what Colorado Springs suspect told cops upon arrest
- A law enforcement source shed new light Saturday on the possible motivation of the man suspected of opening fire on a Planned Parenthood facility in Colorado Springs.
Football fans in Kentucky face-off at Commonwealth Stadium
- It was the last game of the regular season and also a major in-state rivalry. Fans from all over the state came to support their teams at the Governor's Cup.
'Magic' fundraiser for Joseph Combs Scholarship
- With the help of Monkey Punch in Hazard, and some friends, they held a tournament to fight for his cards, and make a difference in someone's future.
Business owners explain why shopping local is beneficial for the community
- Business owners explain the benefits of shopping locally not only on Small Business Saturday, but every day.
Black Friday store sales fall as Americans buy more online
- Total sales on Black Friday fell 10 percent to $10.4 billion this year, down from $11.6 billion in 2014, according to research firm ShopperTrak. And sales on Thanksgiving dropped by the same percentage, to $1.8 billion.
Victim of fatal accident in Madison County identified
- A man died Friday afternoon after being involved in a fatal accident in Madison County.
Assistant Powell County Emergency Management Director killed in crash
- Investigators say an assistant director for Powell County Emergency Management has died in a crash.
Turkey urges nationals to delay travel to Russia
- Turkey's president is voicing regret over Turkey's downing of a Russian warplane, saying his country was "truly saddened" by the incident and wished it hadn't occurred.
Obama on clinic shooting: 'Enough is enough'
- President Barack Obama says the Planned Parenthood shootings show the urgent need "to do something about the easy accessibility of weapons of war" for "people who have no business wielding them."
More WYMT Headlines