Trial to begin for teen charged in teacher's rape, killing
- Jury selection is scheduled to begin Wednesday in Essex Superior Court in Salem.
Mother-son bond over guns links Oregon, Connecticut slayings
- Former FBI profiler Mary Ellen O'Toole says Christopher Harper-Mercer fit the profile of many mass killers.
LMU Volleyball Digs Pink
- The volleyball team signed a 7-year-old girl named Madi, to a scholarship, and she sat with the team during the match.
Letcher Co. Central teachers remember former student, musician
- Mike Hall, 26, died Sunday in a crash on the Hal Rogers Parkway in Clay County. His teachers remember Hall as a model student and an incredible talent whose dream was to spend his life making music.
The latest on mine explosion trial: Media shut out for hours
- Since Thursday, news media and the public have watched jury selection on a live feed from another courtroom. Judge Irene Berger has silenced her microphone for juror questioning, so almost no proceedings were public.
Folks in Tennessee still unhappy with same-sex marriage
- Some folks in Tennessee are still unhappy with the Supreme Court's ruling to legalize same-sex marriage. A commissioner in Blount County, just south of Knoxville, proposed a resolution to petition for God's mercy.
Fort Campbell soldier shot and killed during training exercise
- A Fort Campbell soldier has been shot and killed during a training exercise.
Children found living among animals and waste in Whitley County
- Four people were taken to jail and three small children were sent to live with other relatives after police found the kids living amid animals and waste.
Officer allegedly injured while trying to make arrest
- She now faces an assault charge, along with fleeing/evading, resisting arrest, and disorderly conduct.
Former U of L Basketball player disputes accusations made in 'Breaking Cardinal Rules'
- "I just feel like if this was going on someone would have slipped up and said something" says Elisha Justice.
Union College plans to use grant money for local students
- The scholarship is both need-based, and academic.
Judi's Place for Kids searching for new t-shirt design
- The winning design will be put on the t-shirts they give to runners and walkers.
Four-year old killed in Pike County crash
- It happened Monday night on Winwright Road.
Radio Day raises money for Perry County shelter
- New Beginnings Learning Center and WSGS hosted the Corner Haven Crisis Center Radio Day in Perry County Tuesday. All proceeds go towards the Corner Haven shelter in Hazard.
Kentucky Board of Education approves commissioner contract
- The board voted Tuesday to approve a four-year contract for Pruitt with an annual salary of $240,000.
More WYMT Headlines