Man charged with sending powder faces arraignment
- A man charged with mailing a white powder from Nebraska to a phone company office is scheduled to appear in federal court in southern Kentucky for arraignment.
Sundy Best promoting new album in Eastern Kentucky
The group signed their new "Bring Up the Sun" CDs at the Pikeville Walmart during the afternoon.
Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- A Florida judge set a bond of $1.2 million for a pregnant South Carolina woman accused of driving her minivan into the ocean in an attempt to kill her three children.
Proposed change could make Black Lung benefits harder for miners
- A proposed change by the U.S. Labor Department could make that process even harder.
Caroll County man charged with overdose death of child
- A northern Kentucky man has been charged with murder in the death of his two-year-old son who died of a drug overdose.
Missing firefighter facing lawsuit from former department
- In a complaint filed against him, the former firefighter is accused of breaching his contract, fraud, and negligence.
Bill bans gas chambers for animal deaths
- Kentucky animal shelters can not use gas chambers to euthanize dogs, cats and other animals under a bill that passed the House of Representatives on Friday.
Malaysia Airlines says plane with 239 people on board missing
Updated: 9:05 AM
- Malaysia Airlines says it has lost contact with a plane carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
UPDATE: Barbourville City Council wants to remove mayor from office
- Barbourville City Council members are taking steps to remove Mayor David Thompson from office. The reasons stem from the city audit where auditors alleged financial mismanagement.
Musician " Damon Johnson" performs in Perry County
- Folks gathered at Perry County Public Library in Hazard tonight to watch a famous musician perform.
Middlesboro Middle School student stabbed in leg at school
- Police say a Middlesboro Middle School student is facing charges for stabbing another student in the leg at school.
Williamsburg Police arrest three men for home invasion
- Police say two brothers became the victims of a violent home break-in. It did not take long for police to track down the three suspects in the case.
Community rallying around Pike County teen battling bone cancer
- Fighting for her life. As the days get tougher for a Pike County teen...a community continues to rally and fight for her cause. Belfry High School Sophomore, Casey Maynard, is battling cancer and her courage is a beacon of light in the small Pond Creek community
Bevin: McConnell hasn't done enough for coal industry
- Bevin, a Louisville businessman and Tea Party favorite, is trying to unseat McConnell, the Senate's minority leader, in the GOP primary.
Reminder: Check smoke detector batteries when you "Spring Forward"
- Officials say when you spring forward one hour on Saturday morning, it is important to keep your homes smoke alarms ready and working.
Police need help finding missing Knox County man
- Sheriff's Deputies tell us 21 year old Joshua Anthony Melton went missing earlier this week.
More WYMT Headlines