Virginia coal company to idle coal mines in 2 W.Va. counties
- In an announcement Friday, Alpha said the affected mines are in Logan and Mingo counties. The company cited weak market conditions and federal anti-pollution regulations.
Rockcastle County apartment building damaged in early morning fire
- We are told the fire started in a second floor apartment on West Main Street in Mount Vernon.
Farmer hire found guilty of ethics violation
- The state Executive Branch Ethics Commission on Friday ordered Stephanie Hiser to pay a $5,000 fine - the maximum under state law. The commission accepted a hearing officer's findings that Hiser did little work in her job at the state Agriculture Department.
Fire destroys Knott Co. home
- A family in Knott County is left homeless after a fire destroyed their house this morning.
Georgia couple with ties to Mingo County murdered after answering Craigslist ad
- The man who posted that Craigslist ad, 28-year-old Ronnie Town, was arrested by Georgia authorities. He is currently facing murder and robbery charges.
UPDATE: Pike County shooting case will be presented to Grand Jury
- Kentucky State Police say it all started during an argument between husband and wife in the Gulnare community.
Corbin man faces DUI and other charges
- A Laurel County Deputy arrested Kyle Woolum who was operating a older model Chevrolet Blazer on US 25E 8 miles south of London
just before 10 PM on thursday night.
Mingo County volunteer firefighter charged with witholding info on fire
- According to the Mingo County Sheriff's Office, Terry Jay Yates, 60, is accused of holding information back about what happened at a fire, as well as exchanging pills for sex.
UPDATE: Martin County officials propose new plan to deal with trash
- A new garbage ordinance was proposed during the last Martin County Fiscal Court Meeting, that could charge people $17 on their water bill for trash, a service that is currently free.
Jobless rates down in all 120 Kentucky counties
- The Kentucky Office of Employment and Training says that's the fourth time in the last five months that Kentucky has had a year-over-year unemployment drop in all counties.
UPDATE: Knott County man hurt in crash continues to recover
- A young man is fighting for his life in a Louisville hospital following a recent car crash that left him in a coma.
New UPike College of Education aims to train and keep teachers in region
- Officials at the University of Pikeville are hoping the new Patton College of Education makes a quick and lasting impact in Eastern Kentucky.
Kentucky rolls through Missouri on the road, remains undefeated
- The Wildcats improve to 20-0 on the season, and 7-0 in the SEC.
Icy roads cause more than 30 crashes in Johnson County
- Sheriff's deputies tell WYMT Thursday morning's freezing rain led to more than 30 accidents in Johnson County alone.
Video shows sheet of ice on Mountain Parkway this morning
- Part of the Mountain Parkway was closed this morning after freezing rain caused a sheet of ice to develop. Numerous accidents reported.
Tourism booming at Kentucky bourbon distilleries
- Tourism is booming along with production at Kentucky's bourbon distilleries after a record number of visits last year.
More WYMT Headlines