New Floyd County food pantry aims to help community
- The Prater Creek Food Pantry in Floyd County opens for the first time Saturday morning.
Second person arrested in the death of UK student
- Krueger, 22, of Perrysburg, Ohio was killed about 2 a.m. during a robbery at Transylvania Park and East Maxwell Street.
Police in Perry County investigate robbery & attempted robbery near one another
- Police say a man tried to rob the KFC in the Walkertown area of Hazard around 6:40 p.m. Friday. Nearby, Southern Spirits - a liquor store in Wabaco - was robbed around the same time.
Families try to recover from mudslide in Pike County
- Clean-up has begun, but for some, there is not much left, of the place they call home.
Hatfields & McCoys sign bottles near Hillbilly Days
- But even though it is Hillbilly Days, that did not stop some Hatfields and McCoys from celebrating right now.
Iraqi convicted in terror case wants conviction thrown out
- Mohanad Shareef Hammadi pleaded guilty in 2012 to being involved in a plot to send weapons to al-Qaida in Iraq.
Rotary Club takes over Jenny Wiley Theater for Hillbilly Days
- The curtains are closed at Jenny Wiley Theater for the weekend, but the doors are still open as the Pikeville Rotary Club is hosting a fundraiser.
Northern Illinois University offers class on 'Game Of Thrones'
- The popular cable television show, based on books by George R.R. Martin, is in its fifth season.
Owner of out-of-state pain clinic pleaded guilty to giving pills to Kentuckians
- He will be formally sentenced on August 4th.
London man accused of having crystal meth in car
- Police arrested 26 year old Shawn Asher early Friday morning.
Man robbed, vehicle stolen at Manchester lumber yard
- Troopers say someone robbed a worker at the Richard White Lumber Yard and the victim ran to a store to call 911.
Police: UK student killed in overnight shooting in Lexington
- The Lexington Police Department tells our sister station WKYT that a University of Kentucky student has died after being shot at Transylvania Park and East Maxwell.
White Lightning Zip Lines Open in Pikeville
- City officials say they are proud to see, what was once an ‘idea’, come to life.
Letcher County family worries home will slip away because of storms
- Heavy rain in the past month has eroded the yard in front of the Stallard's home on Crafts Colley Road in the Ermine community.
Hillbilly Days is underway in downtown Pikeville
- The annual tradition continues, the hillbillies are descending on Pikevile for Hillbilly Days. Since 1977 the festival has helped raise money for the Shriners Hospital in Lexington. What started as a small parade has grown into one of the largest festivals in the state.
More WYMT Headlines