Trial date set for man accused of fatal insulin dosing
- David T. Satterfield told police in January he gave the fatal dose to 86-year-old Marcelline Vale in 2007.
Police disperse crowds at Ohio mall shoe sale
- Nineteen-year-old Jeremiah Fletcher, who was waiting in line, told The Blade newspaper that police fired pepper spray three to four times.
UPDATE: "The Backpack Club" of London continues its mission to feed area school children
- For 11 years “The Backpack Club” in Laurel County has provided food for students that may have gone without.
UPDATE: Clay County woman pleaded guilty to shoplifting during shop with a cop event
- A Clay County woman sits in jail tonight because she was caught shoplifting during a shop with a cop event.
Dawson expected to accept UK offensive coordinator position
- The search for Kentucky's new offensive coordinator appears to be over.
Clay County Coroner identifies fatal fire victim
- One person died and four people escaped the fire, according to Clay County Sheriff Kevin Johnson.
Knott Co. woman nearly 100 days sober with help of new Hindman treatment facility
- A new facility in Knott County is helping people overcome their addiction to drugs. WestCare Foundation in Hindman has about 10 people who are on their paths to sobriety. Amelia Hudson is one of them. She opens up about her battle with addiction and her sober look at the future.
Lighthouse Ministries holding Christmas Giveaway this year
- For the first time in five years, Lighthouse Ministries is holding its Christmas giveaway. Organizers say they had to cancel it years ago when donations dropped, but this year, donations increased so they are bringing it back.
Thieves target Letcher Co. ministry, preacher's cabin
- Thieves targeted property belonging to Truth Ministries on Little Shepherd Trail in Whitesburg, as well as a nearby cabin belonging to an itinerant preacher from Louisiana.
Two people accused of trying to smuggle drugs into Boyd County Detention Center
- Jail officials posted to Facebook that Stephanie Lancaster, 23, was arrested Wednesday.
Police looking for Letcher County Subway robber
- Police tell us the man walked in and demanded cash.
Lawrence County Schools closed Thursday and Friday for illness
- School system officials tell us the flu and other illnesses helped them make the decision to close all schools Thursday and Friday.
Manhunt underway for Laurel County bank robber
- A manhunt is underway in Laurel County for a bank robbery suspect.
Health exchange processes 100,000 in past month
- More than 100,000 people in Kentucky have applied for or renewed their health care coverage through the state's health benefit exchange during a one-month open enrollment.
Top theater chains cancel 'The Interview' showings
- The top theater chains in North America have dropped "The Interview" after hackers threatened terrorist attacks at theaters showing the comedy, effectively squashing the Christmas Day release of the film.
Fall forest fire hazard season ends in Kentucky
- The fall forest fire hazard season has ended in Kentucky, but state forestry officials are urging continued caution when doing outdoor burning.
More WYMT Headlines