Lexington woman being strangled with bra fights off attacker with ceramic chicken
Updated: 1:52 PM
- Police say a 31 year old Lexington woman tried to strangle a stranger with her bra.
Willie Cauley-Stein named a 2015 John R. Wooden All-American
Posted: 1:06 PM
- Kentucky’s Willie Cauley-Stein has been named as a member of the 2015 Associated Press All-America team.
Pike County man arrested on drug trafficking charges
Updated: 9:44 AM
- Pikeville City Police arrested Tyrone Habern, age 54 of Island Creek Road, on an indictment warrant charging him with two separate drug trafficking charges.
MHCH launches after-hours nurse hotline
Updated: 12:39 PM
- Mountain Comprehensive Health Corporation launched an after-hours nurse hotline to answer questions and give health care advice to patients.
University of Tennessee hires Rick Barnes as head men's basketball coach
Posted: 12:14 PM
- Local 8 News has learned Rick Barnes has been hired as the new head coach of the University of Tennessee men's basketball team.
McDonald's testing all-day breakfast
Posted: 9:02 AM
- McDonald's is going to start testing an all-day breakfast at some locations in the San Diego area starting next month.
President Obama to visit Louisville, Kentucky
Posted: 8:00 AM
- The White House says President Barack Obama will visit a Louisville-based technology company on Thursday for an event on the economy.
Shots fired, possible prisoner escape in Virginia hospital
Updated: 7:42 AM
- Police say the situation is believed to involve a prisoner escape in Invoa Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Virginia.
US to pledge up to 28 percent emission cut in global treaty
Posted: 8:41 AM
- The United States will pledge Tuesday to cut its greenhouse gas emissions up to 28 percent as part of a global treaty aimed at preventing the worst effects of climate change.
Day 7 of deliberations in Atlanta schools cheating trial
Posted: 8:44 AM
- Jurors are set to start their seventh day of deliberations in the trial of a dozen former Atlanta Public Schools educators accused of participating in a conspiracy to cheat on standardized tests.
3-D print technology providing 'robohand' to 7-year-old girl
Posted: 6:22 AM
- Faith Lennox lost hers to compartment syndrome when she was 9 months old.
W.Va. Medicaid switching from monthly to annual cards
Posted: 6:18 AM
- The change takes effect Wednesday. The state's Bureau for Medical Services says it will save the state about $2.5 million a year.
Kentucky State Fair launches redesigned website
Posted: 6:11 AM
- State fair officials say the website highlights new information about the 11-day event, including new promotions.
Tennessee Valley Authority to open visitor centers Saturday
Posted: 7:52 AM
- Now that spring has arrived, the Tennessee Valley Authority will be opening visitor centers this Saturday.
Kelsie May knocked off 'The Voice'
Posted: 6:08 AM
- Kelsie May, who is from Louisa, lost her knockout round to another member of Team Blake -- Brooke Adee. Kelsie sang Taylor Swift's song "Tim McGraw," but it wasn't enough for her to advance in the competition.
More WYMT Headlines