Local deals for veterans this Memorial Day weekend
- Business owners across the mountains are offering United States military veterans special discounts over Memorial Day weekend on everything from clothes to meals. WYMT spoke to several of them in Perry County today to about these seasonal deals.
One person killed in crash along Interstate 75
- Police are on the scene of a deadly crash right now on Interstate 75 near the Fayette-Madison County line.
New Mountain Laurel Festival queen crowned, festival continues
- The Kentucky Mountain Laurel Festival is in full swing in Bell County.
Crushing cancer with the "Cha-Cha Slide"
- Friends, family, and community members joined together in a four hour dance marathon to raise money, and awareness.
UPDATE: New details emerge following Perry County plane crash
- Investigators are trying to figure out what caused a plane to crash Thursday night in Perry County.
Three years after tornado, West Liberty optimistic about future
- Three years after a tornado destroyed much of West Liberty, proposals submitted by architecture students have residents thinking optimistically about the rebuilding effort.
Elderly couple killed in Estill County fire
- Kentucky State Police are investigating a deadly fire in Estill County.
Kentucky's general election filled with political 'firsts'
- Kentucky voters could make history several times over this November.
DC authorities: Ex-con had help in wealthy family's slaying
- Authorities say they believe an ex-convict had help from others holding a family captive inside their mansion for at least 18 hours.
Deadline near, Senate faces last-minute vote on Patriot Act
- McConnell is warning against allowing the controversial NSA program and other key surveillance activities under the USA Patriot Act to expire at midnight May 31.
Ireland gives resounding 62.1 percent 'yes' to gay marriage
- Irish voters have resoundingly backed amending the constitution to legalize gay marriage, leaders on both sides of the Irish referendum declared Saturday after the world's first national vote on the issue.
Kentucky Senator Smith acquitted of DUI charge, convicted of speeding
- Republican state Sen. Brandon Smith acquitted of DUI charge, convicted of speeding.
Fine arts showcased at Perry County Central
- The event featured performances by the school's band, chorus and theatre department. A visual art exhibit was also on display that showcased some award-winning pieces from students.
Wife of Bardstown officer makes plea for tips to solve his slaying
- Amy Ellis, wife of slain Bardstown police officer Jason Ellis, appears in a video released by Kentucky State Police. State police released the video in an effort to get new tips to solve the 2013 murder.
Settlement reached between two former Jackson County officials
- The suit alleged then-Sheriff Denny Peyman falsely arrested then-Judge Executive William O. Smith last year.
More WYMT Headlines