'Hobbit' goes out on top with $90.6 million 5-day debut
15 mins ago
- Peter Jackson's "Hobbit" finale went out on top at the box office, debuting with $56.2 million over the weekend and taking in $90.6 million since opening Wednesday, according to studio estimates Sunday.
US mulls putting N Korea on terrorism sponsor list
Posted: 10:31 AM
- President Barack Obama says the United States is reviewing whether to put North Korea back onto its list of state sponsors of terrorism.
UPDATE: Three men arrested in connection with Perry Co. tire thefts
- Police in Hazard need your help catching whoever is responsible for a string of tire thefts earlier this week.
Pet owner, charged with animal cruelty, arrested in Rowan County
Posted: 9:56 AM
- A pet owner, charged with animal cruelty, is now behind bars, after one of his dogs was found dead and the other was considered to be near-death.
N. Korea proposes joint probe over Sony hacking
- North Korea has proposed a joint investigation with the U.S. into the hacking attack against Sony Pictures Entertainment.
Cuba protests planned in Miami, turnout unclear
- Cuban-American groups opposed to President Barack Obama's plan to normalize relations with the Castro government plan to protest Saturday in Miami.
Missing 10-year-old girl with autism found safe in Lexington
- A missing 10-year-old girl with autism was found safe in Lexington Saturday morning.
EPA coal ash standards a setback for environmental groups
- Six years ago, there was a massive spill of coal ash sludge in Tennessee. Three years later, tons of coal ash swept into Lake Michigan. Last February, there was another spill and gray sludge spewed into the Dan River in North Carolina.
Volunteers deliver thousands of presents during Tri-Cities Empty Stocking Fund
- Around 100 volunteers boxed and delivered food Saturday in Cumberland to families in need.
Santa flies in Johnson County on a helicopter
- Santa made his way to Premiere Auto Sales in Johnson County Saturday morning, where hundreds of kids waited as he arrived in a helicopter.
Kentucky Marines raising money for monument
- Old Marines aren't the type to shy away from a challenge, which may explain why members of the Greenbo Detachment of the Marine Corps League are hitting the streets and scheduling meetings with local business and community leaders in the days before Christmas.
Megabus crashes on I-65 in southern Indiana
- A double-decker bus has crashed on a highway in southern Indiana, and some injuries have been reported.
Louisville holds off Western Kentucky behind Terry Rozier's 32 points
- Terry Rozier took charge after the first-half ejection of forward Montrezl Harrell to score a career-high 32 points, including 26 in the second half, to lead fourth-ranked Louisville past Western Kentucky 76-67 on Saturday.
UPDATE: Johnson County defense attorney and son enter guilty pleas
- Thursday afternoon, we learned of an indictment against Mary Lou Chandler in Johnson County.
KY Supreme Court reverses Martin County murder conviction
- The Supreme Court of Kentucky reversed the murder conviction for Ross Brandon Sluss. Prosecutors say he caused a crash that killed a Martin County girl in 2010.
Crews on the scene of school bus crash in Knox County
- Officials with Knox County Schools tell WYMT one of their buses crashed early Friday morning.
More WYMT Headlines