UPDATE: Police investigate fatal stabbing in Pike County
- Pike County Sheriff's Office officials confirmed the stabbing on Monday.
Gov. Beshear signs SOAR bill, aerospace resolution
- State and federal leaders met Monday in Morehead under the banner of the Shaping Our Appalachian Region initiative, or SOAR. Governor Steve Beshear ceremonially signed Senate Bill 168, which sets up the Kentucky Appalachian Regional Development Fund.
Emails released about mountain lion shooting
- Rubel admitted she didn't know much about mountain lions, and knew no one would believe what she was seeing.
"Cooter" visits Hazard for "Issues and Answers"
- Actor Ben Jones says he does not mind being best known as "Crazy Cooter"
Whitley County dentist enters plea in Medicaid fraud case
- He entered an Alford plea and received one year probation.
Babysitter arrested after being accused of giving alcohol to a baby
- Angela Spoonamore of Rockcastle County was arrested and charged with giving alcohol to a 14 month old chily.
U.S. Senators team up on breast cancer bill
- In fact, breast cancer, according to the National Breast Cancer foundation, is the second leading cause of death among women in the country.
Pikeville Bypass closing to cause detours for Hillbilly Days
- The bypass in Downtown Pikeville is a crucial road to get through downtown during the event, with it being closed drivers will have to use an alternate route to get through town.
Two Floyd County Deputies injured in car crash
- A little before ten, Monday morning, Prestonsburg Police responded to a car crash involving a Floyd County Sheriff's Department car.
Audit finds several Kentucky rural hospitals have poor financial health
- An audit released today found that one third of Kentucky's rural hospitals are in poor financial health.
Winter Jam concert took over Rupp Arena on Saturday
- When most people think of Rupp Arena this time of year, they think of basketball. But on Saturday thousands of people stood outside of the house that Rupp built for a night of music. The Winter Jam Christian music tour took over Rupp arena.
Friends of Laurel Co. murder victims raise $2,000 reward
- Laurel County Sheriff's Deputies hope a more than $3,000 reward will help break a double murder case.
Comer: Kentucky's Medicaid enrollments not sustainable
- Republican gubernatorial candidate James Comer says Kentucky's Medicaid enrollments aren't financially sustainable, and says his focus is to shift people into the private health-care market.
GRAMMY Foundation awards Appalshop $10,000 grant
- Appalshop in Letcher County is bridging the gap between the big stage and the mountains. The GRAMMY Foundation awarded the organization a $10,000 grant to digitize 13 years of performances from the Seedtime on the Cumberland festivals.
President Obama to visit Louisville on Thursday
- While Obama has not been in Kentucky for a few years, he has loomed large over the state's politics. Republican U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell won a landslide victory in November based largely on tying his opponent to Obama. Polls routinely show about 60 percent of Kentucky voters disapprove of Obama as president.
More WYMT Headlines