Man indicted, accused of stealing Jenkins school bus
- The Commonwealth's Attorney tells us 22 year old Joshua Wilson Bentley now faces a charge of theft over $10,000.
Ohio bill seeks extra retail pay on Thanksgiving
- State Rep. Mike Foley says his bill would allow employees to bow out of the holiday shift without sanctions
Busy day for holiday travel across Kentucky
- It's the busiest travel day of the year.
Supreme Court will hear challenge to EPA rule
- Attorney General Jack Conway joined with Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette and 21 other states and additional parties to seek the Supreme Court’s certiorari, or review of the judgment of the Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit upholding MATS, which was entered on April 15, 2014.
Dulcimer's history celebrated in several places in Eastern Kentucky
- The instrument's roots include Hindman, Kentucky.
EPA releases new smog solution proposal
- They hope to lower the current standard of 75 parts per billion by five to ten parts per billion.
Former Lee County caregiver sentenced in Medicaid fraud case
- The Kentucky Attorney General says 47 year old Heriberto Ortiz was arraigned Friday morning in Lee County Circuit Court.
Thanksgiving travelers contend with rain, snow
- A nor'easter packing rain and snow is posing special challenges along the crowded Washington-to-Boston corridor for travelers headed to their Thanksgiving celebrations.
Parts of W.Va. hit with more than foot of snow
- Online utility figures show the storm knocked out power to about 13,300 Mon Power and Potomac Edison customers in the region.
Agency stresses Thanksgiving focus on food safety
- Thanksgiving is a holiday that focuses on food, and the Kentucky Department for Public Health wants the focus to include food safety as well.
2 FBI agents shot, injured in St. Louis area
- An FBI spokeswoman says two special agents have been shot in St. Louis County, and that it is not directly related to the Ferguson protests.
Parks foundation participating in giving campaign
- The Kentucky State Parks Foundation is taking part in a campaign to raise awareness during the Thanksgiving holiday.
UPDATE: One man arrested and police searching for another in violent Floyd County home invasion
- Back in September, police say two men forced their way into the home of an elderly Floyd County couple...stealing thousands of dollars worth of property. Now after weeks of investigating, police believe they know who is responsible.
Ky. Senate Republicans nominate leaders
- Republicans chose Sen. David Givens to replace retiring Sen. Katie Stine as Senate president pro tem during a closed-door meeting on Tuesday.
Police order protesters off Ferguson streets
- Officers have ordered protesters off Ferguson streets after what had been several hours of largely peaceful demonstrations.
Dozens celebrate early Thanksgiving at special church service in Hazard
- Thanksgiving may not be until Thursday, but dozens of people gathered Tuesday night in Perry County for an early display of gratitude.
More WYMT Headlines