Rowan County man accused of attacking wife at school
15 mins ago
- Police arrested Dale W. Estep, 46, Monday and charged him with assault fourth degree domestic violence.
FDA issues warning letters to powdered caffeine distributors
Posted: 2:31 PM
- The FDA says a teaspoon of powdered caffeine is roughly equivalent to 28 cups of coffee, and the difference between a safe and toxic amount is very small.
Police on scene of shooting in Jackson County
Updated: 1:32 PM
- It happened on Chestnut Flat Road on the Northern side of McKee, which is near Madison County.
Officer fatally shot, prompting manhunt in northern Illinois
Posted: 1:20 PM
- Police in northern Illinois say a manhunt is underway after an officer was shot and killed.
No marriage licenses at Kentucky clerk's office
Updated: 2:36 PM
- On Tuesday morning, as Rowan County clerk Kim Davis' office opened, two couples were denied licenses.
E. Main St. in Hazard closed due to fire, municipal buildings remain open
Updated: 11:49 AM
- Municipal buildings will remain open.
Prestonsburg supplies free air evacuations to those living in city limits
- Prestonsburg city council members are airlifting folks to cheaper healthcare. From now on, those living within the city, if they are insured, will receive free air evacuations in cases of emergency.
More than $3,000 gone after bank is broken into overnight
Updated: 3:01 AM
- Authorities say it was a well-planned burglary, but, it was caught on camera.
Laurel County man is accused of beating woman with baseball bat
- Gregory Johnson faces an assault charge.
Pulaski County deputies seize nearly one dozen gambling machines
- They said it is part of their illegal gambling investigation.
97-year-old WWII veteran receives honors at Fort Knox
Posted: 3:10 AM
- A 97-year-old Kentucky World War II veteran received some long-overdue honors.
Leslie County man dies in logging accident in Clay County
- It happened two miles West of the Big Creek Exit on the Hal Rogers Parkway, going toward Oneida.
Kanye for 2020? White House welcomes rapper's political bid
Posted: 3:08 AM
- Kanye West for 2020? The White House says it is anticipating the rapper's potential bid for president.
Mocked artist gets nod of approval from Pats QB Tom Brady
Posted: 3:08 AM
- A courtroom artist who some Internet critics say made New England quarterback Tom Brady look like an aging cartoon villain has gotten a wave and a "thank you" from the superstar.
Supreme Court rules against Rowan County Clerk in gay marriage case
- The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled against a Kentucky county clerk who says her Christian faith should exempt her from having to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
More WYMT Headlines