Annual Rolling Thunder 'Ride for Freedom' honors veterans
Posted: 9:48 AM
- The roar of motorcycle engines is filling the air in the nation's capital.
Iran agrees to 'managed access' to nuclear sites
Posted: 7:51 AM
- An Iranian nuclear negotiator says his team has agreed to grant U.N. inspectors "managed access" to military sites as part of a deal over its contested program, apparently contradicting earlier comments by the nation's supreme leader.
Elderly couple killed in Estill County fire
Posted: 4:50 AM
- Kentucky State Police are investigating a deadly fire in Estill County.
Injury crash briefly shuts down portion of Highway 15
- The closing happened due to fuel on the road from the crash.
Local deals for veterans this Memorial Day weekend
- Business owners across the mountains are offering United States military veterans special discounts over Memorial Day weekend on everything from clothes to meals. WYMT spoke to several of them in Perry County today to about these seasonal deals.
One person killed in crash along Interstate 75
- Police are on the scene of a deadly crash right now on Interstate 75 near the Fayette-Madison County line.
New Mountain Laurel Festival queen crowned, festival continues
- The Kentucky Mountain Laurel Festival is in full swing in Bell County.
Crushing cancer with the "Cha-Cha Slide"
- Friends, family, and community members joined together in a four hour dance marathon to raise money, and awareness.
UPDATE: New details emerge following Perry County plane crash
- Investigators are trying to figure out what caused a plane to crash Thursday night in Perry County.
Three years after tornado, West Liberty optimistic about future
Updated: 4:52 AM
- Three years after a tornado destroyed much of West Liberty, proposals submitted by architecture students have residents thinking optimistically about the rebuilding effort.
Kentucky's general election filled with political 'firsts'
- Kentucky voters could make history several times over this November.
DC authorities: Ex-con had help in wealthy family's slaying
- Authorities say they believe an ex-convict had help from others holding a family captive inside their mansion for at least 18 hours.
Deadline near, Senate faces last-minute vote on Patriot Act
- McConnell is warning against allowing the controversial NSA program and other key surveillance activities under the USA Patriot Act to expire at midnight May 31.
Ireland gives resounding 62.1 percent 'yes' to gay marriage
- Irish voters have resoundingly backed amending the constitution to legalize gay marriage, leaders on both sides of the Irish referendum declared Saturday after the world's first national vote on the issue.
Kentucky Senator Smith acquitted of DUI charge, convicted of speeding
- Republican state Sen. Brandon Smith acquitted of DUI charge, convicted of speeding.
More WYMT Headlines