Former lawmaker asks for trial to be postponed
Posted: 10:50 AM
- Caldwell, Hall's attorney, says he needs extra time to prepare after learning that prosecutors intend to call Shortridge to testify.
Police say at least 13 arrests made during Ky. celebration
Posted: 4:26 AM
- Police say at least 13 people were arrested in Lexington during a celebration of Kentucky's trip to the Final Four.
Obama to headline Kennedy Institute dedication
Posted: 4:29 AM
- President Barack Obama is headlining the dedication of the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the U.S. Senate.
Big Sunday for Big Sandy
- As part of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System's "Yes, you can go to college" program, college recruiters from the Big Sandy Community and Technical college held their fifth annual, Super Sunday, in Pikeville.
19 bridges along I-64 in Charleston to be rehabilitated
Posted: 4:21 AM
- State highways officials plan to rehabilitate more than a dozen bridges in Charleston.
After the troops left: Vietnam War's legacy revisited
Updated: 7:29 AM
- March 29th marks the 42nd anniversary of when the last United States combat troops left South Vietnam, two months after the signing of the Vietnam Peace Agreement. WYMT spent the afternoon with Vietnam War veterans at the Eastern Kentucky Veterans Center, discussing the wars legacy after all these years.
Bear spotted in Corbin neighborhood
Posted: 4:17 AM
- Residents in a Corbin neighborhood are on alert after a bear was spotted in the area.
7-year-old plane crash survivor to live with half-sister
- An Illinois judge has ruled that a 7-year-old girl who survived a plane crash that killed four family members is now under the legal care of her half-sister.
Kentucky defeats Notre Dame 68-66; goes to Final Four
- That Cats were playing for another Final Four appearance and to continue their perfect season.
AP Exclusive: Before leak, NSA mulled ending phone program
- According to current and former intelligence officials, the National Security Agency considered abandoning its secret program to collect and store American calling records in the months before leaker Edward Snowden revealed the practice.
Drownings along Rio Grande spike after enforcement surge
- More immigrants have been drowning in the Rio Grande over the last six months.
2 dead after small plane crashes near Pennsylvania airport
- Authorities say a small plane crash near a southeastern Pennsylvania airport has left two people dead.
Fans storm Lexington streets, celebrate UK's victory Saturday
- University of Kentucky fans stormed the streets of Lexington seconds after Jerian Grant missed a jump shot from the corner.
Fans ready for Final Four with Wildcats T-shirts
- Saturday night's nail-biter had Kentucky fans stressed until the last second of the game. But, games that come down to the wire can be even more stressful for the people who make the gear that follows a big win.
Guinea president reinforces emergency Ebola measures
- Guinea's president says new measures will be taken to combat Ebola in the country's western region including restrictions on burials and possible lockdowns.
More WYMT Headlines