1 killed, dozens injured in California bus crash
- California Highway Patrol Officer Jeff Borgen says the bus traveling from Los Angeles to Pasco, Washington, crashed Sunday morning about 100 miles south of the Oregon border.
W.Va. center offers end-of-life directive cards
Posted: 4:39 AM
- West Virginians can obtain wallet-sized cards listing their end-of-live advance directives.
Fire damages Pulaski County home
- An early morning fire damaged a home in Pulaski County.
State Park officials say Thanksgiving annually draws hundreds
- With Thanksgiving only a few days away, officials with area state parks are preparing for what they are calling their busiest day of the winter months.
Obama defends moves on immigration
- President Barack Obama is shrugging off Republican criticism of his actions to lift the threat of deportation from millions of immigrants living illegally in the United States.
Former Washington DC Mayor Marion Barry dies at 78
- In a statement Sunday evening, the medical examiner's office says the cause of death was heart problems that occur due to high blood pressure.
Crews fighting forest fire in Wayne County, West Virginia
- 911 dispatchers say the original call came in about 3:30 p.m., Saturday.
BSCTC makes Thanksgiving dinner for homeless
- Members of the community including with Professor Tammy Ball of Big Sandy Community and Technical College to give those who live at WestCare Homeless Shelter a Thanksgiving dinner.
London Church Donates to Fight Hunger Before Thanksgiving
- Fighting hunger just before Thanksgiving was on the minds of members of the First Baptist Church in London, Sunday.
Evacuation plans readied as Buffalo flooding looms
- Evacuation plans are being prepared and the Red Cross is setting up shelters as rising temperatures begin to melt 7 feet of snow in the Buffalo area, causing a risk of flooding.
Union, company discuss issues at W.Va. mine
- A United Mine Workers of America spokesman says the union is working with a Patriot Coal Co. subsidiary to resolve issues at a Monongalia County mine.
$150K grant to help buy more football helmets
- The Jefferson County Board of Education is being offered a $150,000 grant to help pay for more than 200 football helmets to prevent concussions among student athletes.
Ferguson prepares for grand jury decision
- Crews erected barricades around the building where a grand jury has been considering whether to indict the Ferguson police officer who shot and killed Michael Brown, even as a grand jury decision seemed unlikely this weekend.
Flood Warnings issued in Buffalo area
- BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - The National Weather Service has now issued flood warnings for areas in and around Buffalo, New York hit last week by several feet of snow. The warning covers parts of five counties...
Traveling for Thanksgiving? AAA forecasts heavy traffic
- With turkey time less than a week away, Kentucky highways are about to get a bit more crowded.
US looking past Ebola to prepare for next outbreak
- Even before West Africa's Ebola epidemic is under control, public health officials are looking ahead to where the next health disaster will come from.
More WYMT Headlines