Heavy rain and gusty winds possible on Sunday
- The Sky Alert Weather Team is tracking the threat of a few strong thunderstorms and some heavy rain on Sunday.
Obama set to honor national champion Buckeyes at White House
Posted: 6:47 AM
- Members of Ohio State's national championship football team are headed to the White House to be recognized by the president.
Final day of Hillbilly Days draws big crowd
- 39 years ago, two "hillbillies" decided they wanted to start an event to raise money for Shriners Hospital for Children in Lexington.
Scholarship planned to honor murdered UK Student
- The UK junior worked as a photo editor for the campus newspaper, The Kentucky Kernel. The Kernel's parent company is working to honor the promising photojournalist by establishing a scholarship fund in his name.
Republican gubernatorial candidates discuss Primary at social banquet
- The politically conservative social group: "5th District Lincoln Club" held its 77th annual Fifth District Lincoln Day Banquet Saturday in Corbin. The event was attended by many republican state leaders, including the four gubernatorial candidates on the ballot in the GOP Primary in May.
Drama festival held in Hazard
- Students from six eastern Kentucky high schools came together at Perry Central High School this afternoon, and caused some serious drama.
Annual soap box derby held in Hazard on Saturday
- Memorial drive in Hazard was closed this afternoon, but cars still zoomed down the steep hill. People gathered for the 16th annual Bud Combs Soap Box Derby in downtown Hazard.
Special Olympic Spring games held in Johnson County
- Athletes came together today, in Johnson County, for the Special Olympics Kentucky area spring games.
Laurel County teen hit and killed by train
- A Laurel County teen is dead after being hit by a train early Saturday morning.
Hundreds attend vigil honoring UK student
- Friends say Jonathan Krueger was the type of person everyone wanted to know, someone who looked on the brighter side of a bad situation and a guy simply loved life.
Believe it or not, bipartisanship breaks out on Capitol Hill
- Suddenly, bipartisanship has broken out on Capitol Hill.
Kentucky officials hope drugs can help drug addicts
- Kentucky officials are considering using a drug to help drug addicts come clean.
BMW recalling 91,800 Mini Coopers to fix air bag problem
- BMW is recalling 91,800 Mini Coopers to fix a defect that may prevent the air bag on the front passenger side of the cars from deploying in a crash.
Two former Cats visit fans in Perry County
- Karl-Anthony Towns and Devin Booker signed autographs and took pictures with hundreds of fans at Wildcat Wearhouse in Hazard.
Tuition increases approved at four state colleges
- State officials approved at or near maximum tuition increases at four state colleges Friday.
More WYMT Headlines