Pistorius murder trial moves into 2nd week
Posted: 4:35 AM
- A security guard who says he spoke with Oscar Pistorius soon after the fatal shooting of Reeva Steenkamp was continuing his testimony at the double-amputee athlete's murder trial on Monday.
Musical tradition reverberates from "Old-Time Day" in Whitesburg
- Some folks in Whitesburg came together for "Old-Time Day," which celebrates and passes on Appalachian music, dancing and songs. WYMT’s Eric Eckstrom presents the experience not only through the reflections of those who were there, but the music they shared.
Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- The most dangerous parts of a flight are takeoff and landing. Rarely do incidents happen when a plane is cruising seven miles above the earth.
No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- The data breach at Target Corp. that exposed millions of credit card numbers has focused attention on the patchwork of state consumer notification laws and renewed a push for a single national standard.
Gym shining light on competitive cheer in EKY
- TCE started with one team made up of 13 girls last year. Now, the gym has grown to three teams with 34 girls.
Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Spring is closer than you think, and here's a sure sign: Daylight saving time arrives this weekend.
Laurel County man to restore former Sue Bennett College
- It is a property that has stood the test of time.
Recent snow cancels ACT exams, new dates announced
- A new date was announced for high school juniors who missed taking the ACT exam earlier this week due to inclement weather.
Man charged with sending powder faces arraignment
- A man charged with mailing a white powder from Nebraska to a phone company office is scheduled to appear in federal court in southern Kentucky for arraignment.
Sundy Best promoting new album in Eastern Kentucky
The group signed their new "Bring Up the Sun" CDs at the Pikeville Walmart during the afternoon.
Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- A Florida judge set a bond of $1.2 million for a pregnant South Carolina woman accused of driving her minivan into the ocean in an attempt to kill her three children.
Proposed change could make Black Lung benefits harder for miners
- A proposed change by the U.S. Labor Department could make that process even harder.
Caroll County man charged with overdose death of child
- A northern Kentucky man has been charged with murder in the death of his two-year-old son who died of a drug overdose.
Missing firefighter facing lawsuit from former department
- In a complaint filed against him, the former firefighter is accused of breaching his contract, fraud, and negligence.
Bill bans gas chambers for animal deaths
- Kentucky animal shelters can not use gas chambers to euthanize dogs, cats and other animals under a bill that passed the House of Representatives on Friday.
Malaysia Airlines says plane with 239 people on board missing
- Malaysia Airlines says it has lost contact with a plane carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
More WYMT Headlines