Theft of bible and other items sends Letcher Co man to prison for five years
Updated: 10:42 AM
- 24 year-old Dylan Michael Wright of Jenkins admitted to the April 8th burglary of 85 year-old Wilma Short's home in the Dunham community of Jenkins.
Johnson County flood victims seek housing opportunities
- Support is still coming in for Johnson County flood victims. Tonight, federal, state and non-profit agencies came together to exhibit housing, financing and manufacturing opportunities.
American Red Cross, churches offer support to victims of downtown Hazard fire
- The building in downtown Hazard known most recently as the Main Street Mall was home to several businesses, including a popular Chinese restaurant, as well as several apartments.
Recall on frozen corn sold in Kentucky
Posted: 4:05 AM
- Bonduelle USA is recalling more than 9,000 cases of frozen corn after fearing it could be contaminated with listeria.
Police: Man cuts off hand, flees police, crashes vehicle
Updated: 1:26 PM
- A Nebraska man is being treated for non-life threatening injuries after cutting off his hand and crashing his vehicle into a bridge.
What will happen to Rowan County clerk Kim Davis?
- Now that Kim Davis is refusing to issue marriage licenses, what's next in the legal battle?
Watch: Man uses drone to catch fish
Updated: 1:27 PM
- Forget that old fashioned rod. You may get hooked on a new way to fish.
This mama bear grieved for hours after her cubs were killed
Updated: 1:27 PM
- A grieving bear stayed frozen in a tree for 15 hours after her cubs were shot and killed by a man who thought he was firing a rubber buckshot round.
Gov. Beshear will not call special session to discuss Davis' duties as clerk
- Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear released a statement this afternoon about county clerks and marriage licenses in Kentucky.
Supporters, protesters rally outside office of Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis
- This isn't the first time there have been protesters here as the office opened. But the crowd usually gets smaller this one might be growing.
McDonald's will launch all day breakfast on Oct. 6
- If you're one of those people who hates missing the end of breakfast hours at McDonald's, hang on just a little longer: the chain says its breakfast menu will be available all day starting Oct. 6.
Moonshine still found in Harlan County
- A moonshine still was found in Harlan County Tuesday.
Harlan county sheriff's deputies tell us they received several tips about the location of the still.
Police release name of man killed in Jackson County shooting
- It happened on Chestnut Flat Road on the Northern side of McKee, which is near Madison County.
Magoffin County family loses home in fire
- It happened around 3 p.m. in the Howards Branch community, off of Route 404.
Drone captures downtown Hazard fire
- One Perry County man gave us a view of the fire from the sky.
More WYMT Headlines