Central Michigan University students spend winter break in the mountains
19 mins ago
- This week most college students are home for winter break to spend time with family and old friends. Maybe it's because the holidays are a time of giving, CMU students like Kennedy made their way down to the mountains for some manual labor.
Laurel County man faces assault charge for allegedly choking a woman
Posted: 4:46 PM
- Deputies say they responded to a complaint along Highway 2392.
Jimmy Carter call US-Cuba diplomacy 'courageous'
Updated: 12:24 PM
- Former President Jimmy Carter says he is "proud and grateful" for the president's efforts to restore diplomatic ties with Cuba. Carter calls the shift in policy "courageous."
3 plead not guilty to sodomizing teen in Kentucky
Posted: 9:45 AM
- A court docket shows a 17-year-old boy charged in the case is set to be arraigned on Thursday and will be charged as an adult.
Study: Kentuckians misusing prescription drugs at lower rate
Updated: 12:08 PM
- Research published Wednesday by Ameritox, a medication monitoring company, indicates Kentucky made "modest improvements" in three main categories of concern in the last few years.
Trial date set for man accused of fatal insulin dosing
- David T. Satterfield told police in January he gave the fatal dose to 86-year-old Marcelline Vale in 2007.
Police disperse crowds at Ohio mall shoe sale
- Nineteen-year-old Jeremiah Fletcher, who was waiting in line, told The Blade newspaper that police fired pepper spray three to four times.
UPDATE: "The Backpack Club" of London continues its mission to feed area school children
- For 11 years “The Backpack Club” in Laurel County has provided food for students that may have gone without.
UPDATE: Clay County woman pleaded guilty to shoplifting during shop with a cop event
- A Clay County woman sits in jail tonight because she was caught shoplifting during a shop with a cop event.
Dawson expected to accept UK offensive coordinator position
- The search for Kentucky's new offensive coordinator appears to be over.
Clay County Coroner identifies fatal fire victim
- One person died and four people escaped the fire, according to Clay County Sheriff Kevin Johnson.
Knott Co. woman nearly 100 days sober with help of new Hindman treatment facility
- A new facility in Knott County is helping people overcome their addiction to drugs. WestCare Foundation in Hindman has about 10 people who are on their paths to sobriety. Amelia Hudson is one of them. She opens up about her battle with addiction and her sober look at the future.
Lighthouse Ministries holding Christmas Giveaway this year
- For the first time in five years, Lighthouse Ministries is holding its Christmas giveaway. Organizers say they had to cancel it years ago when donations dropped, but this year, donations increased so they are bringing it back.
Thieves target Letcher Co. ministry, preacher's cabin
- Thieves targeted property belonging to Truth Ministries on Little Shepherd Trail in Whitesburg, as well as a nearby cabin belonging to an itinerant preacher from Louisiana.
Two people accused of trying to smuggle drugs into Boyd County Detention Center
- Jail officials posted to Facebook that Stephanie Lancaster, 23, was arrested Wednesday.
Police looking for Letcher County Subway robber
- Police tell us the man walked in and demanded cash.
More WYMT Headlines