Sources: Tennessee finalizing deal with Rick Barnes
Posted: 10:03 AM
- Barnes made 16 NCAA Tournament appearances in 17 years at Texas
McDonald's testing all-day breakfast
Posted: 9:02 AM
- McDonald's is going to start testing an all-day breakfast at some locations in the San Diego area starting next month.
President Obama to visit Louisville, Kentucky
Posted: 8:00 AM
- The White House says President Barack Obama will visit a Louisville-based technology company on Thursday for an event on the economy.
Shots fired, possible prisoner escape in Virginia hospital
Updated: 7:42 AM
- Police say the situation is believed to involve a prisoner escape in Invoa Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Virginia.
US to pledge up to 28 percent emission cut in global treaty
Posted: 8:41 AM
- The United States will pledge Tuesday to cut its greenhouse gas emissions up to 28 percent as part of a global treaty aimed at preventing the worst effects of climate change.
Day 7 of deliberations in Atlanta schools cheating trial
Posted: 8:44 AM
- Jurors are set to start their seventh day of deliberations in the trial of a dozen former Atlanta Public Schools educators accused of participating in a conspiracy to cheat on standardized tests.
3-D print technology providing 'robohand' to 7-year-old girl
Posted: 6:22 AM
- Faith Lennox lost hers to compartment syndrome when she was 9 months old.
W.Va. Medicaid switching from monthly to annual cards
Posted: 6:18 AM
- The change takes effect Wednesday. The state's Bureau for Medical Services says it will save the state about $2.5 million a year.
Kentucky State Fair launches redesigned website
Posted: 6:11 AM
- State fair officials say the website highlights new information about the 11-day event, including new promotions.
Tennessee Valley Authority to open visitor centers Saturday
Posted: 7:52 AM
- Now that spring has arrived, the Tennessee Valley Authority will be opening visitor centers this Saturday.
Kelsie May knocked off 'The Voice'
Posted: 6:08 AM
- Kelsie May, who is from Louisa, lost her knockout round to another member of Team Blake -- Brooke Adee. Kelsie sang Taylor Swift's song "Tim McGraw," but it wasn't enough for her to advance in the competition.
UPIKE faculty members show off musical talents at recital
- In honor of "Music in Our Schools Month", a faculty recital was held in Chrisman Auditorium.
UPDATE: Police investigate fatal stabbing in Pike County
- Pike County Sheriff's Office officials confirmed the stabbing on Monday.
Gov. Beshear signs SOAR bill, aerospace resolution
- State and federal leaders met Monday in Morehead under the banner of the Shaping Our Appalachian Region initiative, or SOAR. Governor Steve Beshear ceremonially signed Senate Bill 168, which sets up the Kentucky Appalachian Regional Development Fund.
Emails released about mountain lion shooting
- Rubel admitted she didn't know much about mountain lions, and knew no one would believe what she was seeing.
More WYMT Headlines