October mine inspections result in 127 citations
Posted: 5:53 AM
- The U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration says it conducted the inspections at a dozen mines in Kentucky, Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia and Utah.
Some health exchange hours change during holiday
Posted: 5:43 AM
- The store will be open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST Saturday and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday.
Brothers of the Wheel collect money to give shoes to children
Updated: 1:07 PM
- For more than one decade, Brothers of the Wheel has donated shoes to kids in Floyd, Johnson and now ,Martin counties.
Kentucky farm cash receipts hit record mark
Posted: 5:45 AM
- Total receipts were up more than 16 percent over 2012's total of $4.8 billion.
Perry County murder still unsolved four years later
- Thanksgiving will never be the same for an eastern Kentucky family, who is still mourning the loss of their loved ones.
Crowd of shoppers at Middlesboro Mall on Thanksgiving
- Some Eastern Kentuckians got an early start on shopping this Thanksgiving and they aren't letting full bellies stop them.
Five escape house fire in Wayne County, West Virginia
- The fire broke out along Coplen Branch Road about 10 a.m. Wednesday
UK team joins volunteers at Salvation Army
- Players helped serve the food while Coach Cal quietly visited with the people eating, slipping many in need a personal donation for their holidays
Black Friday starts early in the mountains
- A stuffed belly did not stop hundreds of people here in the mountains from cashing in on major deals Thursday. Chain stores are not the only places hoping for major profits. Local store owners hope to make some money too.
Holiday travelers take off from Blue Grass Airport
- Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving Day, is the busiest travel day of the year. A winter storm threat in the northeastern part of the U.S. could impact flights to that region from Blue Grass Airport.
More Toyota vehicles recalled in Japan after air bag problem
- Toyota Motor Corp. is recalling more than 40,000 vehicles in Japan as part of an ongoing air bag problem, days after Japan's transport minister instructed Japanese automakers to speed up their repairs.
WYMT gives thanks
- WYMT staff share memories and what they're grateful for in 2014.
Boil water advisory for parts of Lawrence County
- A 6-inch water main break on Blevins Fork Road has led to a boil water advisory for customers along U.S. 23 between Ky. 2565 to Meades Branch Road.
Police say wet roads caused early morning Rockcastle County crash
- We are told a pickup truck flipped on I-75 around 3 a.m.
Woman behind bars, accused of stabbing Corbin man
- Police say 45 year old Teresa Fisher attacked 54 year old Steve Rose with a baseball bat and then stabbed him.
Hazard Church Delivers Thanksgiving meals
- One church in Hazard cooked up a meal big enough to feed hundreds for Thanksgiving.
Volunteers Feed Five Hundred for Thanksgiving
- Around 100 students and volunteers gathered at Perry County Central High School today to pack boxes of thanksgiving dinners for families in need.
More WYMT Headlines