Eastern Kentucky coal jobs down 10.6 percent in 2nd quarter
- Eastern Kentucky's coal fields produced about 7.3 million tons of coal in the second quarter of 2015 and employed an estimated 5,889 people.
Prosecutors: Evidence about Upper Big Branch disaster needed
Posted: 4:58 PM
- Prosecutors say in court documents that evidence about the Upper Big Branch Mine disaster is a necessary part of the government's criminal case against former Massey Energy CEO Don Blankenship.
Community Volunteers gather signatures for petition in Pike County
- Community volunteers were at Elkhorn Creek Community Park, getting signatures for a petition Friday.
Run for the Hills Charity Challenge kicks off in Perry County
- Organizers kicked off the 2015 Run for the Hills Charity Challenge Friday at Jabo's Coal River Grille in Hazard.
Alumni celebrate Pikeville High School's 100th reunion
- Hundreds of alum, students, and staff celebrated Pikeville High School's 100th reunion today.
Johnson County flood victims pick up what is left
- Their homes destroyed.
Johnson County flood victims are still trying to recover what they can.
"Rowdy" Roddy Piper dies
- Piper was widely know for his 'loose cannon' gimmick and was inducted into the World Wrestling Entertainment Hall of Fame in 2005.
Family demands action for murder of Dean Shortridge
- On Wednesday, State troopers from Post 9 found Shortridge stabbed to death.
Vietnam veteran meets family of fallen comrade after four decades
- A Pike County man spent more than four decades searching for the family of a man he shared care packages with in the Vietnam War. The families met Friday after a year of finally finding one another.
Ashland woman convicted in Social Security Administration fraud scheme
- Evidence suggests from 1996 to 2013, Ball intentionally concealed her true living arrangement from the S.S.A. to collect medicaid benefits.
Police search for man accused of stealing equipment in Floyd County
- They are looking for Kenneth Hayden.
Boyd Co. Woman Convicted of Fraudulently Taking $280,000 in SSI Benefits
- Diana Lynn Ball, 57, was convicted Wednesday of one count of Supplemental Security Income Fraud, one count of Medicaid fraud, one count of theft of government.
Grand opening for Laurel County School Center for Innovation
- An idea is becoming reality. the Laurel County Center for Innovation opened today- just in time for the new school year.
Judge: Virginia can ban future Confederate license plates
- A federal judge says Virginia can ban the Confederate flag from any specialty license plates the state issues in the future but made no decision on existing tags.
W.Va. AG announces antitrust agreement in hospital takeover
- West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrissey has announced an antitrust agreement with Cabell Huntington Hospital in its takeover of St. Mary's Medical Center.
More WYMT Headlines