UPDATE: Letcher County man arrested on drug charges
- Howard was found with more than $6,500.00 in suspected drug money and medication including oxycodone they also tell us he had notes in his wallet detailing out of state drug trafficking.
Woman arrested for DUI in Laurel County Detention Center parking lot
- We are told a deputy was taking a prisoner to the jail, when he saw 47 year old Cynthia Hurley backing out of a parking space erratically.
Two people involved in Laurel County crash face charges
- During a search of the van, we are told they found a half empty vodka bottle.
UPDATE: Whitley County man accused of trying to hire hitman is back in jail
- A judge set the trial for Tristan Hall to begin August 6th.
London man faces a sexual exploitation charge
- We are told detectives arrested 40 year old Boyd Wagers Tuesday.
Beshear heading to Europe for economic development trip
- Beshear's office said Wednesday that the governor has been invited to speak at a symposium in Germany, where he will discuss Kentucky's role in the global auto industry.
Report details LRC management problems
- A performance audit of the Legislative Research Commission has blamed poor staff morale on outdated management practices, a lack of communication and decision-making that isn't transparent.
VIDEO: UPS driver throws box, urinates against Texas house
- UPS officials apologized to homeowner Ben Lucas for the Jan. 8 incident.
Red Bird Mission exec. director dies
- Those who remembered Collins focused greatly on his service to the community, with the principal of Red Bird Christian School recalling a recent act of generosity.
Nissan recalls SUVs to fix electrical shorts, hood latches
- Snow and salty water can seep through the driver's side carpet to a wiring harness, causing electrical shorts.
Indiana man gets probation for threatening Speaker Boehner
- Thirty-three-year-old Brandon James Thompson of New Castle was sentenced Tuesday by a federal judge who placed him on six months of home detention.
Pope warns of 'absentee fathers' in new chapter on family
- He warned that the absence of a paternal figure for young people can render them essentially "orphans at home."
Perry to respond to ruling to continue his criminal case
- On Wednesday, Perry will read a statement surrounded by his defense attorneys at an Austin hotel.
Eastern Kentucky lawmakers talk policy at Prestonsburg legislative forum
- Eastern Kentucky lawmakers discussed issues facing the General Assembly Tuesday night in a legislative town hall forum.
UPDATE: Sen. Brandon Smith tells attorney to withdraw motion
- Senator Brandon Smith gave WYMT an exclusive interview on Friday.
Deputies investigate Inez Flower Shop burglary
- Sheriff's deputies say the thief broke into the Inez Flower Shop this weekend.
Richmond police investigating bar fight reportedly involving EKU player
- Police say the fight happened Saturday night at Jerzee’s lounge and dance club on Main Street. Investigators say they were informed about the fight Monday, and are looking into what happened.
More WYMT Headlines