No bombs found on planes in Atlanta after threat
38 mins ago
- Police who searched two airplanes in Atlanta found no bombs following online threats made against the aircraft.
Explosion shakes Afghan capital, police expect casualties
48 mins ago
- Afghan police say a truck has exploded on the outskirts of the capital, possibly causing casualties in the first attack in Kabul for almost three weeks.
Transgender teen's death stirs action in US and beyond
Posted: 4:30 PM
- The death of a transgender teen who wrote an anguished blog post and then stepped in front of a tractor-trailer continues to draw attention and debate nearly a month later.
Local artist show off their work at the Pikeville Art House
Updated: 8:03 PM
- Local artists in Pikeville can now share their own artwork with others, at The Art House, in downtown Pikeville.
Top-ranked Cats stay perfect, defeat Gamecocks 58-43
Updated: 2:20 PM
- No. 1 Kentucky defeated South Carolina, 58-43 , Saturday inside Colonial Life Arena.
Suspect in Queens shootings found dead
Posted: 3:04 PM
- Police say a father shot his daughters, his girlfriend and her mother in their home and then killed himself after the shooting that left three generations of women dead and a 12-year-old critically injured.
National Security Council working to verify hostage posting
Posted: 2:46 PM
- The White House National Security Council says U.S. intelligence officials are trying to determine whether an online message announcing the death of a Japanese hostage is authentic.
Snow totals from across eastern Kentucky
Updated: 11:37 AM
- After a changeover from rain to snow overnight, many are left with several inches of snow accumulation.
Road crews deal with early morning snow
Updated: 7:13 PM
- Rain and snow Saturday morning caused harsh driving conditions for folks around the mountains. Road crews here in Perry County worked overnight to treat the roads and plow snow.
2 Marines die when military helicopter crashes in California
Updated: 10:22 AM
- The military says two Marines were killed when their helicopter crashed during a training exercise in Southern California.
Storm brings mix of sleet, snow and rain to Northeast
Posted: 9:29 AM
- Residents of several major Northeast cities are preparing for a fast-moving coastal storm that's bringing a mix of snow, sleet and rain to areas along the Interstate 95 corridor this weekend.
Indonesian rescuers trying to lift fuselage of AirAsia plane
Posted: 9:33 AM
- Indonesian rescuers have managed to lift the fuselage of the crashed AirAsia jetliner near the surface before it sank to the ocean floor again when the lifting balloons deflated.
GOP's Christie brings New Jersey candor to Iowa evangelicals
Posted: 9:11 AM
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is no stranger to Iowa. But he'll venture into new territory when he speaks to an audience full of strict social conservatives.
Floyd Co. Detention Center inmate escapes
- Friday morning workers at Mountain Comprehensive Care Center, were supposed to evaluate Michael Cox Jr., instead he made a break for it.
Smith: The law is there to protect people from becoming a political target
- Senator Brandon Smith gave WYMT an exclusive interview on Friday.
Part of KY 550 in Perry County closed for boulder removal
- The road is closed between Crawford Mountain Road and the McDonald's at Airport Gardens.
More WYMT Headlines