Sheriff's office asks drug dealers to turn in their rivals
Posted: 11:14 AM
- The sheriff says the post is funny, but the sheriff's department is not joking around.
Site selected for future Letcher County prison
- After almost ten years of planning and organizing, the Federal Bureau of Prisons released the final word that Letcher County will be the home of a new federal Prison.
Youth basketball team disqualified for having girl on roster
Updated: 1:40 PM
- Her teammates wore pink jerseys in silent protest as they stood court side at Sunday's championship in Virginia.
Woman says she stabbed her boyfriend in the side
- We're told, it started when Jessica Lowe, and her boyfriend, James Barton, got in an argument.
Somerset man arrested after a nearly 12-hour standoff
Updated: 5:57 AM
- Police were in a standoff Monday night with a wanted man in Somerset.
Senator doesn't want bigger trucks on America's roads
Updated: 1:41 PM
- He said the provision would increase the size of what he calls already massive trucks on roads not only in Pennsylvania but also across the country.
Home invasion at Lake Cumberland cabin
- Many say Ramsey’s Point on Lake Cumberland is a place to get away from your troubles, yet Sunday morning a northern Kentucky family says trouble found them.
Suspect in shooting death of Tennessee officer turns himself in
- The ex-con accused of killing a Memphis police officer has turned himself into federal authorities, ending an intensive two-day manhunt.
Two dead, 22 injured in New Hampshire tent collapse
- Officials say a young man and a girl were killed and at least 22 people were injured when a severe storm blew down a circus tent in northern New Hampshire.
U.S. military tests ballistic missile interceptor off Hawaii
- The U.S. military says it has successfully tested an interceptor that can shoot down ballistic missiles as well as airplanes.
Friends and co-workers remember doctor who died in Floyd County motorcycle crash
- Staff at Pikeville Medical Center wore ribbons Monday in honor of 39-year-old Dr. Anthony Keene.
Johnson County School officials prepare to help students affected by flood
- Officials with Johnson County Schools say they are prepared to help students affected by last months flooding.
Coal Run police search for man accused of stealing weed eaters
- Surveillance video shows the man walking into someone's back yard, picking up the weed eaters and walking away.
Coroner says slain Ohio motorist's bottle not booze
- A coroner says that the bottle held up by a motorist killed by a University of Cincinnati police officer apparently contained a fragrance, not alcohol.
Obama unveils stricter power plant regulations
- Calling it a moral obligation, President Obama unveiled the final version of his plan to dramatically cut emissions from U.S. power plants.
More WYMT Headlines