- Floyd County Schools Superintendent, Henry Webb, says the board recently approved plans for a brand new high school in the district and the new facility will allow them to be more efficient...creating improvement and more opportunities throughout the district.
- Among the 168 juveniles recovered from a sex trafficking bust was a population that child welfare advocates say especially concerns them: children who were never reported missing in the first place.
- The ad features Ilene Woods from Lynch asking McConnell why he voted twice against the Violence Against Women Act and the Paycheck Fairness Act. The Violence Against Women Act passed anyway. The Paycheck Fairness Act has not passed.
- Americans are wary of granting refugee status to children who are crossing the U.S. border to flee strife-torn countries in Central America. And most in an Associated Press-GfK poll say the U.S. does not have a moral obligation to accept asylum-seekers generally.
- Police say people are getting emails claiming to be from the FBI in Washington D.C. saying either you have an inheritance payment or an ATM card with ten thousand dollars on it belonging to you.
- In March, state auditors released a report highlighting multiple instances of poor financial record-keeping in Harlan County government. Tuesday night, members of the Harlan County Industrial Development Authority held a special-called meeting to take action on the state auditor's recommendations.
Text WYMT to 25430
Would you like to win a phone from Appalachian Wireless? Register for WYMT's daily news alerts* by texting WYMT to 25430. If you don't want to text you can fill out this form: CLICK HERE;
Rules & Regulations * Up to 2 msgs/day. Reply STOP to cancel. Msg&data rates may apply.
WYMT CONTACT INFO
199 Black Gold Blvd.
Hazard, KY 41701
606-436-5757 - switchboard
606-439-9968 - newsroom