2nd NYC cop killed in ambush shooting
- Officials say a second New York City officer has died after a gunman ambushed them inside their patrol car before committing suicide.
EPA coal ash standards a setback for environmental groups
- Six years ago, there was a massive spill of coal ash sludge in Tennessee. Three years later, tons of coal ash swept into Lake Michigan. Last February, there was another spill and gray sludge spewed into the Dan River in North Carolina.
Volunteers deliver thousands of presents during Tri-Cities Empty Stocking Fund
- Around 100 volunteers boxed and delivered food Saturday in Cumberland to families in need.
Santa flies in Johnson County on a helicopter
- Santa made his way to Premiere Auto Sales in Johnson County Saturday morning, where hundreds of kids waited as he arrived in a helicopter.
Kentucky Marines raising money for monument
- Old Marines aren't the type to shy away from a challenge, which may explain why members of the Greenbo Detachment of the Marine Corps League are hitting the streets and scheduling meetings with local business and community leaders in the days before Christmas.
Megabus crashes on I-65 in southern Indiana
- A double-decker bus has crashed on a highway in southern Indiana, and some injuries have been reported.
Louisville holds off Western Kentucky behind Terry Rozier's 32 points
- Terry Rozier took charge after the first-half ejection of forward Montrezl Harrell to score a career-high 32 points, including 26 in the second half, to lead fourth-ranked Louisville past Western Kentucky 76-67 on Saturday.
UPDATE: Johnson County defense attorney and son enter guilty pleas
- Thursday afternoon, we learned of an indictment against Mary Lou Chandler in Johnson County.
KY Supreme Court reverses Martin County murder conviction
- The Supreme Court of Kentucky reversed the murder conviction for Ross Brandon Sluss. Prosecutors say he caused a crash that killed a Martin County girl in 2010.
Crews on the scene of school bus crash in Knox County
- Officials with Knox County Schools tell WYMT one of their buses crashed early Friday morning.
Thief targets cars in Breathitt Co. parking lot
- Police need your help finding the person responsible for car thefts in the Kentucky River Medical Center's parking lot Wednesday.
Pike County Sheriff Deputy dies at age 42
- A Sheriff's Deputy in Pike County died unexpectedly Thursday evening from what the family says was a heart attack.
8 children killed in northern Australian city
- Australian police say eight children have been killed at a home in a northern Australian city.
Mingo County, WV man facing several charges after firing shots, ramming police car
- State Police were called to the home of 54-year-old Terry Huff in Varney, West Virginia Wednesday night for a domestic disturbance.
Hack attack spurs call for more NKorea sanctions
- The U.S. still has options if it formally decides North Korea was behind the hack.
EPA sets first national standard for coal waste
- The coal industry fought back, citing costs and a damping effect on the recycling market.
KSP collects 232,011 pounds of food statewide
- A holiday-season food drive by Kentucky State Police has brought in 232,011 pounds of food statewide.
More WYMT Headlines