Baseball rallies but falls in extra innings to EKU
- Alvarez homered twice to push the Colonels to 7-14 overall and 2-4 in the Ohio Valley Conference.
Hartman helps Lindsey Wilson to 12-0 win over UPike baseball
- The Blue Raiders outhit the Bears 10-4 and led 9-0 through three innings as Hartman cruised along for 10 strikeouts and giving up just two of the hits.
Bulldogs claw way past TMC in AAC doubleheader sweep
- With the victories, Union moved to 21-6 overall, 10-1 in the AAC, while Truett-McConnell fell to 13-18 and 3-10 in the AAC with the losses.
Durant to have another surgery, will miss rest of season
- Reigning MVP Kevin Durant will have bone graft surgery next week to deal with a fractured bone in his right foot, and he will miss the rest of the season, the Oklahoma City Thunder announced Friday.
Tennessee fires men's basketball coach Donnie Tyndall
- Tennessee athletic director Dave Hart says he wouldn't have hired coach Donnie Tyndall if he'd known the details of his activities during his tenure at Southern Miss that surfaced during an NCAA investigation.
EKU names Lochmueller Director of Athletics
- Lochmueller, one of the last players to participate in both basketball and football at UK, was a member of the University’s famed 1971 “Super Kittens” recruiting class, which was undefeated as freshmen and ranked No. 1 in the nation.
Union unveils 2015 football schedule
- The Bulldogs will face all five of their Mid-South Conference East Division rivals as well as four of the six teams from the Mid-South Conference West Division.
Stutz and Walden named first team All-District by coaches
- Seniors Eric Stutz and Corey Walden were selected first team All-District 19 by the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC), the organization announced today.
Trash talk or no trash talk, Cats fully motivated in beat-down of WVU
- They block shots, they hit jumpers, they win every game and then, apparently, in the privacy of their own locker room, they use some double-secret moves to put their drawers on, in a way nobody else can.
Kentucky routs West Virginia by 39, moves to 37-0
- Kentucky was able to push the lead to double-digits before the Mountaineers had two field-goals.
More WYMT Sports Headlines