Newcomer Byrd knows Reds looking for more than offense
- Marlon Byrd knows the Reds traded for him because they think he'll bring them more than just another run producer in left field.
Bengals release defensive end Geathers, receiver Little
- The Bengals released defensive end Robert Geathers - one of Cincinnati's most tenured players - and receiver Greg Little on Friday.
Florida reinstates suspended forward Finney-Smith
- Florida will have second-leading scorer Dorian Finney-Smith back against Tennessee on Saturday.
Earl Lloyd, first black player in NBA, dies at 86
- Earl Lloyd, the first black player in NBA history, died Thursday. He was 86.
No. 3 UPike drops regular-season finale at Life, 91-84
- Kenny Manigault poured in a career-high 44 points and pulled down 12 rebounds, but it wasn’t enough to overcome UPIKE’s 16 turnovers and shooting just 37.5 percent from the field.
High school basketball scores from Thursday
- Scores from across the state
No. 13 Kentucky women snap 3-game skid, beat Arkansas 56-51
- Bria Goss scored 11 points and forced a key turnover late to help No. 13 Kentucky hold on to beat Arkansas 56-51 on Thursday night and snap its three-game losing skid.
Colonels one step closer to winning OVC East, beat Jacksonville State 63-57
- Eastern Kentucky University’s men’s basketball team held Jacksonville State University scoreless for the majority of the final three minutes, resulting in a 63-57 victory in McBrayer Arena on Thursday.
UPike lacrosse among five new members of the NWLL for 2016
- Officials from the National Women’s Lacrosse League (NWLL) announced Thursday that five new members have been accepted for the 2016 season, including the University of Pikeville, which begins play as an unaffiliated program this spring.
Lawrence leads Bulldogs to 56-46 win in AAC Tournament
- With the win, the Bulldogs improve to 19-8 on the season while Bluefield wraps up their season with a 15-16 record.
More WYMT Sports Headlines