No. 12 Notre Dame pulls away from No. 16 Louisville 71-59
- Jackson's 3-pointer with 7:52 left gave the Irish a 53-48 lead. He then added consecutive jumpers to twice provide nine-point cushions that sealed the victory for the Fighting Irish (25-5, 13-4 ACC).
No. 15 Bulldogs draw Northwestern Ohio in NAIA Championship
- The entire Tournament will be played once again at the Keeter Gymnasium on the campus of the College of the Ozarks in Point Lookout, Missouri.
UK game moved up at SEC Women's Tournament
- Games on the second day of the SEC Women's Basketball Tournament, being played this week at Verizon Arena in North Little Rock, will be played in a single session beginning at 12 Noon CT on Thursday due to winter weather in the Central Arkansas area.
Clutch FTs lift Morehead St. over SE Missouri St. 79-74
- Kareem Storey and Angelo Warner combined to sink four foul shots in the final nine seconds as fifth-seeded Morehead State squeaked past No. 8 seed Southeast Missouri State 79-74 in the opening round of the Ohio Valley tournament Wednesday night.
Lady Railsplitters' season ends with loss at Newberry in SAC Championship quarterfinals
- Lincoln Memorial's season is brought to a close with the loss, while the Wolves advance to Saturday's semifinal round at Furman University's Timmons Arena.
McNamee, Castle earn major conference awards
- It was an eventful night for the University of Pikeville women’s basketball team at the Mid-South Conference Championship Banquet as the Bears racked up seven total honors, including freshman of the year and a share of coach of the year.
AP Source: Manning returning for 18th NFL season
- A person with knowledge of the situation tells The Associated Press that Peyton Manning will return for a fourth season in Denver and 18th in the NFL.
Bulldogs finish regular season ranked 15th in Coaches' Poll
- The Union College men's basketball team will enter the 2015 NAIA Division II National Championships next week as the number 15 team in the country, as the organization released the final Coaches' Poll of the 2014-15 regular season on Wednesday afternoon.
UMass to retire basketball jersey in honor of John Calipari
- As part of a 20th anniversary celebration of the UMass men's basketball 1995-96 Final Four team, the University of Massachusetts Department of Athletics announced Wednesday plans to retire a jersey in honor of John Calipari during the 2015-16 season.
Cauley-Stein, Calipari named Naismith semifinalists
- Undefeated through 30 games and ranked No. 1 in the country from the beginning of the season, the Kentucky men’s basketball team has semifinalists on the lists for both the Naismith Trophy Men’s College Player of the Year and the Naismith Men’s College Coach of the Year.
More WYMT Sports Headlines