LEXINGTON, Ky. – Here is the latest fan information for the Blue/White Spring Football Game. Presented by The Townhomes at Newton Crossing, the game is Saturday, April 13 with kickoff set for 7 p.m. ET at Commonwealth Stadium. For a complete summary, fans may go to www.ukathletics.com/fbgameday to answer all questions regarding parking, traffic, tickets, seating and more.
• Unlike previous spring games, all fans, regardless of age, must have a ticket to enter Commonwealth Stadium. Tickets are free and available at the stadium beginning at 4:00 p.m. at the Will Call booth outside Gate 4 and at a ticketing tent between Gates 10 & 11. Stadium gates 1,2,3,4,9,10,11 and 12 will open to fans at 6 p.m. ET.
• Fans will have the chance to purchase or renew 2013 football season tickets at the main ticket booth outside gate 4 of Commonwealth Stadium beginning at 4 p.m. For detailed information on UK football season tickets, visit http://www.ukathletics.com/tickets/tickets-m-footbl.html.
• Parking lots will open to the general public at 8 a.m. on game day. Parking surrounding Commonwealth Stadium is free and will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Fans are encouraged to arrive early in order to get a spot near the stadium.
• When stadium lots are filled, fans are encouraged to park in …
o Parking Structure #1 (corner of University Drive and Cooper Drive)
o Parking Structure #2 (by William T. Young Library)
o Parking Structure #7 (on Sports Center Drive next to tennis courts)
• RV parking is also first-come, first-serve in the main RV lot off Alumni Drive.
• Fans will also have multiple shuttle options to get to the game. The UK Football Express downtown shuttle ($2.50 one-way/$5 round-trip) will begin at 4 p.m. and will pick up at the Shops at the Civic Center (430 W. Vine), LexTran Transit Center Garage (200 W. Vine) and Ramsey’s (Woodland Ave.).
• A shuttle will also run to/from Keeneland beginning at 11:30 a.m. designed for individuals who wish to park at Commonwealth Stadium and receive transportation to Keeneland and then back to Commonwealth Stadium. The shuttle is $1 each way and will pick-up/drop-off in the north Red Lot, directly west of the BCTC campus.
• Fans are invited to the “Cat Walk” -- cheering the team when the Wildcats enter Commonwealth Stadium – at 5:15 p.m. at Gate One.
• Commemorative posters will be given away and may be picked up at the program stands inside the stadium gates.
• The Wildcat Refuge, featuring giant inflatable games for children, will be located outside Gate 9 of the stadium (weather permitting).
Here is additional game day procedures.
• As you approach the Commonwealth Stadium complex, tune in to 1700 AM radio for real-time parking, traffic & lot closure information.
• Please follow direction of all traffic officers and parking personnel to ensure efficient and effective vehicle ingress, parking and egress.
• Pre-game traffic flow will be similar to that of a standard home game. Fans wishing to park in a specific lot will be required to enter the complex from a specified direction, as per the pre-game traffic flow diagram.
• Post-game traffic flow will be similar to that of a standard home game. Parking personnel and traffic officers will direct vehicles to exit the complex, as per the post-game traffic flow diagram.
• Visit www.ukathletics.com/fbgameday/directions.html for more information.
• Real-time parking, traffic & lot closure information, follow @UKParking on Twitter and 1700AM as you approach the complex
• All parking is free. While a portion of the Green Lot will be designated for reserved parking, all remaining available lots will be first-come first-served, and will open at 8:00am on Saturday, April 13.
o See attached Spring Game Parking Diagram for available lots
• Beginning at 6:00 p.m., lots will be filled according to availability. If your desired lot is full upon arrival, you will be directed to the next available lot.
• Fans with tow-behind trailers will be directed to park in the nearest available grass lot (Orange or Purple).
• In order to accommodate the parking demand, please confine your tailgate to behind your vehicle and in one parking stall. ONE SPACE-ONE VEHICLE. Please keep all drive lanes clear for efficient vehicle ingress/egress.
• In the interest of safety, fans’ golf cart use is prohibited on the Commonwealth Stadium complex, to include all parking lots, sidewalks, streets, etc.
• Large industrial-sized cookers and portable generators must be approved by UK Athletics prior to game day.
• Cooper Drive & Residential (R-3) lots on the corner of Sportscenter Drive & Cooper Drive will be closed to all vehicle parking/tailgating.
• A valid state issued hangtag will be required to access free handicapped parking located in the Blue Lot outside Gate 12, Red Lot outside Gate 9 and Tobacco Research Center parking lot, accessible via Farm Rd, west of University Drive. Once disabled parking lots are full, guests will be directed to the closest available parking lot.
• Tobacco Research Center (Farm Rd.) handicapped shuttle will begin at 5:00pm, transporting guests to Commonwealth Stadium Gate 9. Return shuttles begin at the end of the 3rd quarter and will operate until 30 minutes post-game.
• Two 6-passenger golf carts will operate from Gate 9, transporting guests to requested gates outside the stadium.
• UK Football Express – Downtown Shuttle ($2.50 one-way/ $5.00 round-trip) will begin at 4:00 p.m. Tickets are for sale and shuttle will pick up at the Shops at the Civic Center (430 W. Vine), LexTran Transit Center Garage (200 W. Vine) and Ramsey’s (Woodland Ave.)
• Keeneland/Spring Game Shuttle ($1.00 each way) will begin at 11:30 a.m. and is designed for individuals wishing to park at Commonwealth Stadium and receive transportation to Keeneland and back to Commonwealth Stadium
o To utilize the Keeneland/Spring Game shuttle, guests should park in the north Red Lot (located directly west of the BCTC campus). Fans may board the shuttle at the bus stop located on the far east side of the north Red Lot.
• Tobacco Research Center (Farm Rd.) handicapped shuttle will begin at 5:00 p.m., transporting guests to Commonwealth Stadium Gate 9. Return shuttles begin at the end of the 3rd quarter and will operate until 30 minutes post-game.
• Two 6-passenger golf carts will operate from Gate 9, taking guests to requested gates, outside the stadium.
• For more information visit www.ukathletics.com/fbgameday/shuttle.html
• RV parking will be free & first-come first served in the Main RV lot off Alumni Drive
• Additional RV parking will be available in the Ag RV (North off Cooper Drive) & Visitor RV (Virginia/Press Avenue).
• Tow-behind vehicles will not be permitted in the RV lots, except for trucks pulling a 5th wheel/trailer
• For more information visit www.ukathletics.com/fbgameday/rv.html
• All persons, regardless of age, must have a ticket to enter Commonwealth Stadium.
• Tickets are free and available on game day at the Will Call booth outside Gate 4 or a ticketing tent between Gates 10 & 11.
• Lower level tickets will be reserved seating
• Upper level tickets will be general admission seating
• Pass outs/re-entry is not permitted as per SEC regulations