Sports Overtime Headlines
UVa-Wise partners with WDIC for football coverage
Posted: 5:54 PM
- WISE - - UVa-Wise and local radio station WDIC AM-FM (1430 AM – 92.1 FM) have reached an agreement to provide local fans with play by play action of all 11 football games this fall.
EKU's Cvelbar named OVC Setter of the Week
Posted: 5:52 PM
- Eastern Kentucky University senior Abbey Cvelbar was chosen as the adidas Ohio Valley Conference Setter of the Week on Monday, the league announced from its Brentwood, Tennessee headquarters.
Godby named to SEC Community Service Team
Posted: 5:46 PM
- Senior guard Max Godby has been named the Southeastern Conference Football Community Service Team Player of the Week, the league office announced Monday.
UPike's Sani Warren preps for Morehead State
- UPike freshman quarterback and former Belfry Pirate Sani Warren will start this Saturday when the Bears travel to Morehead State.
EKU's Lloyd named OVC Specialist of the Week
- Placekicker Andrew Lloyd was named the Adidas OVC Specialist of the Week following his performance in the Eastern Kentucky University football team’s 29-10 win at Robert Morris Thursday night.
Team USA pulls away late against the Turkish
- They figured it would be simple, that they would just beat up on Turkey like they did Finland a night earlier.
Pikeville's Pugh rushes for 7 TDs, talks about his night
- Pikeville's Daric Pugh talked about his sensational night running the ball against Hazard.
UK women's soccer team beats Ohio, sweeps weekend
- The University of Kentucky women’s soccer team used a first half goal from Jade Klump followed up by second half goals from Courtney Raetzman and Alex Carter to collect a 3-0 win over the Ohio University Bobcats on Sunday afternoon in the newly-christened Wendell & Vickie Bell Soccer Complex.
Reds hold off Pirates 3-2 Sunday
- Chris Heisey hit two home runs, including a tiebreaking shot in the ninth inning, and Johnny Cueto overcame an early jolt to earn his 16th win as the Cincinnati Reds beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 3-2 Sunday.
Bulldogs blank Georgetown, 2-0, in season opener
- On a stormy Saturday night at Georgetown (Ky.), the Union College women's soccer team posted an impressive performance in their 2014 season opener, besting the host Tigers, 2-0, in NAIA action.
More Sports Overtime Headlines