Sports Overtime Headlines
Game of the Week Preview: The coaches behind the headsets
- At first glance, the age gap maybe the obvious difference, but a closer look, they share quite a bit in common.
Men's basketball TV schedule continues to grow
- Affiliates for the contests have not been determined, but should be announced in the near future.
St. Catharine gets past UPike volleyball
- A day after the Bears had one of their worst offensive showings of the season, they came back with a new level of intensity against the Mid-South Conference’s most improved team.
Rotary Club honors Mitchell for service to Boy Scouts
- University of Kentucky women’s basketball head coach Matthew Mitchell annually speaks to the Lexington Rotarian chapter but this speaking engagement took a different turn when the Rotarians surprised Mitchell on Thursday with the prestigious Cliff Dochterman Award which is reserved for a select few in recognition of exemplary service to the Rotary Club and scouting.
2014-15 LMU men's basketball season preview - Forwards
- This is the fourth installment of a five-part series previewing the upcoming 2014-15 Lincoln Memorial men's basketball season. Part four takes an inside look at the Railsplitters' forward and center position.
Kengera Daniel commits to UK
- Kengera Daniel, a 3-star defensive end out of Raleigh, North Carolina, gave Kentucky football a verbal commitment Wednesday night.
Royals beats Giants 7-2, even World Series 1-all
- Billy Butler hit a tiebreaking single, Salvador Perez and Omar Infante drove in two runs each with big hits in a five-run sixth inning, and the Kansas City Royals beat the San Francisco Giants 7-2 Wednesday night to even the World Series at one game apiece.
Wildcats named Team of the Week
- The WYMT Team of the Week for Week 8 resides in Pike County.
Pulaski County junior named Player of the Week
- The WYMT Week 8 Player of the Week is a wide receiver-turned-quarterback.
Bud Dupree named quarterfinalist for Lott IMPACT Trophy
- University of Kentucky senior defensive end/linebacker Alvin “Bud” Dupree, who leads all active Southeastern Conference players in sacks, has been named a quarterfinalist for the 2014 Lott IMPACT Trophy, it was announced Wednesday.
More Sports Overtime Headlines