Sports Overtime Headlines
Daytona Baseball announces new Advanced-A affiliation with Cincinnati Reds
- Daytona Baseball announced, Thursday, that Big Game Florida and the Cincinnati Reds have partnered on a four-year deal to make Radiology Associates Field at Jackie Robinson Ballpark the home of the Reds class A-Advanced club through at least 2018. Affiliated baseball is guaranteed in Daytona Beach through at least 2022. Big Game Florida Owner Andy Rayburn is thrilled about the opportunity to partner with the Reds.
Eagles set to kick off PFL play this weekend at Davidson
- The Morehead State football team opens Pioneer Football League action Saturday at Davidson. Kick-off at Richardson Stadium is set for 1 p.m. ET.
UK men’s basketball TV and times finalized
- The remainder of the Kentucky men’s basketball start times and TV info are complete, leaving the Wildcats with 32 nationally televised contests this year on either the SEC Network, ESPN’s family of networks (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU) or CBS.
UC cross country earns votes in NAIA Top 25 polls
- The University of the Cumberlands (UC) Men and Women's Cross Country teams are still early in their 2014 seasons, but both teams have already had solid starts to their competitive year. With one event completed for the men and two for the women, the Patriots are continuing to look to impress the voters in the Mid-South Conference and the NAIA. The latest edition of the NAIA Cross Country Top 25 polls were released on Wednesday and both Patriot teams earned recognition.
St. Catharine stuns UC Patriot soccer 5-2
- The University of the Cumberlands (UC) Men's Soccer team suffered a loss against Mid-South Conference (MSC) foe St. Catharine College at home on Thursday 5-2. UC now stands at 3-3 overall and 1-1 in the MSC.
Patriot women’s soccer upended by St. Catharine 3-1
- The University of the Cumberlands (UC) Women's Soccer program fell to 0-6 on the season with a home loss to Mid-South Conference opponent St. Catharine College (SCC). The Patriot ladies struggled to hit their stride scoring and dropped the match with a final score of 3-1.
Kentucky football prep poll (September 17)
- The top teams in the Kentucky Associated Press high school football polls with first-place votes.
Morehead State to honor Dr. Rex Chaney with celebration dinner
- Morehead State's athletic department, in conjunction with the office of alumni relations and development, will honor Dr. Rex Chaney for more than 60 years of service to the university and its students with a celebration on Friday, Sept. 26.
Yellow Jackets named Team of the Week
- The WYMT Team of the Week pulled off one of the more dramatic wins of the season in Week 3.
Rockcastle County sophomore named Player of the Week
- For the third consecutive week the WYMT Player of the Week is awarded to a running back.
More Sports Overtime Headlines