Sports Overtime Headlines
Earl Lloyd, first black player in NBA, dies at 86
Posted: 12:57 AM
- Earl Lloyd, the first black player in NBA history, died Thursday. He was 86.
No. 3 UPike drops regular-season finale at Life, 91-84
Posted: 11:29 PM
- Kenny Manigault poured in a career-high 44 points and pulled down 12 rebounds, but it wasn’t enough to overcome UPIKE’s 16 turnovers and shooting just 37.5 percent from the field.
High school basketball scores from Thursday
Posted: 11:05 PM
- Scores from across the state
No. 13 Kentucky women snap 3-game skid, beat Arkansas 56-51
Posted: 10:58 PM
- Bria Goss scored 11 points and forced a key turnover late to help No. 13 Kentucky hold on to beat Arkansas 56-51 on Thursday night and snap its three-game losing skid.
Colonels one step closer to winning OVC East, beat Jacksonville State 63-57
Posted: 9:55 PM
- Eastern Kentucky University’s men’s basketball team held Jacksonville State University scoreless for the majority of the final three minutes, resulting in a 63-57 victory in McBrayer Arena on Thursday.
UPike lacrosse among five new members of the NWLL for 2016
Posted: 9:36 PM
- Officials from the National Women’s Lacrosse League (NWLL) announced Thursday that five new members have been accepted for the 2016 season, including the University of Pikeville, which begins play as an unaffiliated program this spring.
Lawrence leads Bulldogs to 56-46 win in AAC Tournament
Posted: 8:49 PM
- With the win, the Bulldogs improve to 19-8 on the season while Bluefield wraps up their season with a 15-16 record.
UK win at Mississippi State could be NCAA preview
Posted: 8:48 PM
- Kentucky’s 74-56 win at Mississippi State did a lot more than bump the Wildcats’ record to a school-record 28-0. It gave us a look into the near future. If the Wildcats make the undefeated six-game run through the NCAA Tournament that the metrics experts are predicting and the Big Blue Nation is praying for, MSU showed us what at least couple of their games could look like.
Razorbacks confident as they prepare for No. 1 UK
Posted: 8:47 PM
- Arkansas forward Bobby Portis is "very confident" as he prepares to face No. 1 Kentucky on Saturday.
No. 17 Bulldogs blow out Montreat, 95-61, at AAC Tournament
Posted: 2:54 PM
- The tournament is being played at the MeadowView Marriott Conference Resort & Convention Center.
More Sports Overtime Headlines