Sports Overtime Headlines
Leslie County girls 9-0, best start since 2001
Updated: 11:56 PM
- A win over Hazard Tuesday night would be win number 750 for the Leslie County Lady Eagles basketball program.
ACC suspends Louisville's Harrell 1 game
Posted: 11:16 PM
- Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell was suspended for one game by the Atlantic Coast Conference on Sunday for a flagrant 2 foul and ejection Saturday in the Cardinals' 76-67 victory at Western Kentucky.
Sixth ranked LMU blows by UVa-Wise
Posted: 6:46 PM
- Sixth ranked Lincoln Memorial University shot 61.2 percent from the floor and scored 66 second half points en route to a 107-55 victory over UVa-Wise on Sunday.
No. 6 Railsplitters move to 11-0 in rout of Cavaliers
Posted: 6:44 PM
- The sixth-ranked Railsplitters (11-0) hit the century mark for the third straight game to close out the 2014 portion of the schedule with a 107-55 victory over the Virginia-Wise Cavaliers (1-8) in NCAA Division II men's basketball action on Sunday afternoon in the Prior Center.
No. 13 Duke women top No. 8 Kentucky, 89-68
Posted: 5:40 PM
- Freshman Azura Stevens scored 17 points and No. 13 Duke beat No. 8 Kentucky 89-68 on Sunday.
Free throw accuracy pushes Cleveland State past Eagle women
Posted: 5:31 PM
- The Cleveland State women's basketball team entered Sunday's game shooting 56 percent at the free throw line. The Vikings nailed 23-of-25, however, at the line and rallied in the second half to defeat Morehead State 80-72 at Johnson Arena.
Saturday prep scores
- Scores from around the Commonwealth
Simmons hits eight threes, UPike wins
- For the second time this season, K.K. Simmons matched a program-record with eight threes to lead the fourth-ranked UPIKE past IU Southeast 98-72 on Saturday at the East Ky. Expo Center.
No.6 Railsplitters close out 2014 with trip to UVA-Wise
- Looking to accumulate an 11-game winning streak for the third time in less than a calendar year, the sixth-ranked Railsplitters (10-0) travel to Wise, Va. on Sunday
Cold shooting Cavaliers Fall to Tornado
- King University used a full court trapping press to post a 21-2 run to close out the first half en route to a 54-38 non-conference women’s basketball victory over UVa-Wise Saturday.
More Sports Overtime Headlines