Sports Overtime Headlines
Camron Justice commits to Vandy
- Knott Central guard Camron Justice made his college choice Sunday night, tweeting, “I'm officially committed to Vanderbilt University #vandynation #VU.”
Reds win again at Wrigley
- Homer Bailey pitched six scoreless innings at friendly Wrigley Field for his first win of the season and Jay Bruce homered and doubled as the Cincinnati Reds beat the Chicago Cubs 8-2 on Sunday.
Offense powers Arkansas in series finale over No. 8 Kentucky
- Arkansas junior first baseman Kasey Fagan had six runs batted in, while freshman pitcher Grace Moll threw six scoreless innings in the circle, leading the Razorbacks to an 8-0 victory in the series finale over No. 8 Kentucky on Sunday at John Cropp Stadium.
Five-run first inning lifts Aggies to series-salvaging win
- A.J. Reed hit his NCAA-leading 16th homer of the year but Texas A&M plated five runs on five consecutive two-out hits in the first inning to post a 14-2 win over No. 19 Kentucky to salvage the series and keep UK from its sixth all-time league sweep on the road, on a perfect Sunday afternoon at Blue Bell Park.
Reds-Cubs Sunday Preview
- If Homer Bailey continues his poor start to the season Sunday at Wrigley Field, the Cincinnati Reds will be hard-pressed to win again when he starts against the Chicago Cubs.
UPike softball drops a pair of close games at Rio Grande
- With only the top eight teams in the 10-member league qualifying for the conference tournament, UPIKE has some work to do.
Eagles close out spring practice with exhibition game
- The Morehead State football team closed out spring practice with an exhibition game on Saturday afternoon at Jayne Stadium. More than 1,500 fans turned out for the contest, which showcased approximately 70 student-athletes.
Nunley strong in relief to lift No. 8 softball in series-clincher
- University of Kentucky softball pitcher Kelsey Nunley came on in relief to throw six strong innings for the win, while senior infielder Krystal Smith hit a solo home run and sophomore infielder Nikki Sagermann hit another game-winning roundtripper in the fourth inning, pacing No. 8 Kentucky to a historic 7-5 series-clinching win over Arkansas on Saturday night at John Cropp Stadium.
Softball Patriots fall to Lindsey Wilson at home
- The University of the Cumberlands’ (UC) Softball team was back in Mid-South Conference (MSC) action on Saturday at home as they took on the Blue Raiders of Lindsey Wilson College. This would be a tough match up for the Patriots as Lindsey Wilson currently leads the conference with a 21-3 record against MSC opposition. The UC ladies didn’t let that intimidate them though as they fought hard against the Raiders in both games. Unfortunately, Lindsey would take both games from the Patriots as they were defeated 5-1 in the first game and lost the second game 8-0 in a short-game fashion.
Cavs sweep Glenville State to win series
- UVa-Wise swept Glenville State by scores of 8-3 and 8-4 on Saturday to take three games of the four game set between the two schools this weekend. Steven Klaiber hurled a complete game six hitter in the opener before Cody Compton tossed four innings of shutout ball in relief to aid the Cavaliers to the series win.
More Sports Overtime Headlines