Sports Overtime Headlines
Belmont handles Morehead 86-63 in OVC semis
Posted: 10:54 PM
- J.J. Mann had 16 points with 4-of-6 shooting from 3-point range Friday night to lead top-seeded Belmont to an 86-63 blowout of No. 4 seed Morehead State.
No. 12 Kentucky women edge Florida, 75-70
Posted: 10:39 PM
- DeNesha Stallworth scored 13 points and No. 12 Kentucky continued its string of Southeastern Conference tournament success with a 75-70 win over Florida in the quarterfinals on Friday.
Nunley hurls no-hitter; Carroll, A. Smith homer as UK wins SEC opener
Posted: 10:37 PM
- University of Kentucky sophomore pitcher Kelsey Nunley tossed her second no-hitter of the season, while senior outfielder Ginny Carroll and sophomore infielder Ansley Smith provided the offense with home runs, as No. 8/10 Kentucky started Southeastern Conference play with a 4-0 victory over Mississippi State on Friday night at the MSU Softball Field in Starkville, Miss.
Lady Railsplitters fall short against Saint Leo, 3-2
Posted: 10:36 PM
- The Saint Leo Lions broke a 1-1 tie with a two-run fifth inning and withstood a brief LMU rally to capture a 3-2 victory over the visiting Lady Railsplitters on Friday in the first game of the Saint Leo Softball Invitational. Lincoln Memorial University falls to 13-5 on the season, while the host Lions move back to .500 at 11-11 with the win.
Two-out errors in ninth, 10th lift Ball State to opener
Posted: 10:34 PM
- A two-out error in the ninth inning allowed the game-tying run to score and a two-out error in the 10th inning forced in the go-ahead runs, lifting Ball State to a 10-8 win over No. 22 Kentucky, in the opener of the three-game series, on Friday at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
Railsplitters use big innings to survive 13-12 slugfest versus Catawba
Posted: 10:32 PM
- The Railsplitters used a pair of monster innings and some fortunate defensive holds to defeat the Catawba Indians, 13-12, in a South Atlantic Conference baseball contest that featured 34 total hits at Lamar Hennon Field on Friday.
LMU baseball to host Railsplitters vs. Cancer game on April 11
Posted: 3:07 PM
- The Lincoln Memorial University baseball squad will step up to the plate in the fight against childhood cancer on April 11th as Friday night's South Atlantic Conference series opener against the Anderson Trojans will serve as the Railsplitters Vs. Cancer Game at Lamar Hennon Field.
Third time’s a charm as Patriots earn victory over Campbellsville; MSC Semifials next
Posted: 3:06 PM
- The University of the Cumberlands (UC) Men’s Basketball team went into Thursday night’s showdown with the Campbellsville University Tigers with a chip on their shoulders. The Tigers had beaten the Patriots in both regular season meetings, but this time around it meant a lot more. The winner would move on to the 2014 Mid-South Conference (MSC) Tournament Semifinals while the loser would go home for the season.
Thursday's high school basketball scores
- Thursday's high school basketball scores
Morehead State defeats Golden Eagles 76-61
- Angelo Warner scored 23 points and Kareem Storey added a career-high 17 as fourth-seeded Morehead State defeated fifth-seeded Tennessee Tech 76-71 on Thursday night to advance to the semifinals of the Ohio Valley Conference tournament.
More Sports Overtime Headlines