Sports Overtime Headlines
Reynolds homers twice, Brewers top Reds 5-1
- Mark Reynolds homered twice to help the Milwaukee Brewers swept the three-game series from the Cincinnati Reds with a 5-1 win on Wednesday.
UPike releases 2014 men's soccer schedule
- First-year University of Pikeville men’s soccer coach Adam Johnson released his team’s 2014 schedule on Wednesday. The Bears are set to open up the season on Aug. 23 at Berea, while the home opener is on Sept. 4 against Salem International (W. Va.) at the Bob Amos Soccer Complex.
Hackett, Bryant, Wells honored at Governor’s Cup events
- Three University of Kentucky football greats, Wilbur Hackett, Warren Bryant and Dean Wells, were honored during Governor’s Cup activities Tuesday night at the Derby Museum and Wednesday at the Hurstbourne Country Club in Louisville.
Daniel Becker named Director of Volleyball Operations
- Daniel Becker, who served as Morehead State's graduate assistant for athletic video operations the past two years and produced more than 100 events for the Ohio Valley Conference Digital Network, has been named the school's director of volleyball operations.
Wildcats honored for academics by NABC
- For the second-consecutive season the Kentucky men’s basketball program was honored by the National Association of Basketball Coaches for team academic excellence.
Bulldog Cross Country announces 2014 slate
- Union College head men's and women's cross country coach Joel Childs has announced the teams' 2014 schedule. In all, the Bulldogs will compete in six events on the season.
UK Alumni Charity Game tickets on sale July 28
- Tickets for the 2014 UK Men’s Basketball Alumni Charity Game will go on sale to the public on Monday, July 28, at 10 a.m. ET. The game will be Sunday, August 24 at 6 p.m. in Rupp Arena. For the first time in three years, a team of UK pros will face a team of non-UK pros.
East Ridge names new football coach
- Former Elkhorn City and East Ridge assistant Kenneth O'Quinn accepted the position to lead the warriors in 2014.
Record-setting quarterback elevated to Assistant Coach
- Zach Lewis, who holds numerous offensive records at Morehead State, has been elevated to assistant football coach. Lewis will coach the slot receivers.
Eagles ink left-handed pitcher, infielder
- Aaron Leasher, a left-handed pitcher, and Braxton Morris, an infielder, have signed National Letters of Intent to join the Morehead State baseball program. Both will be incoming freshmen for the 2015 season.
More Sports Overtime Headlines