Sports Overtime Headlines
UPike women's bowling team celebrates National Championship
- The UPike women's bowling team won the Naitonal Championship at the NAIA National Invitational and were met by fans in Pikeville Monday afternoon.
Bulldogs’ comeback falls short at LWC in 12-9 defeat
- With the loss, the Bulldogs fell to 21-8 overall, while Lindsey Wilson improved to 22-11 with the victory.
Spencer Jack tabbed SEC Pitcher of the Week
- A native of Los Angeles, Jack was an extra-inning hero in Kentucky’s historic series win at the top-ranked Tigers in Alex Box Stadium.
Padres hit 3 homers off DeSclafani, beat Reds 6-3
- Kemp hit a two-run shot in the fourth inning for his fourth homer of the spring.
EKU’S Alvarez named OVC Player of the Week
- In three games last week, Alvarez batted .467 with five home runs, eight RBIs and five runs scored. All seven of his hits went for extra bases, leading to a 1.600 slugging percentage.
Fordham hires Jeff Neubauer as coach
- Jeff Neubauer, who took Eastern Kentucky to two NCAA tournaments in 10 seasons, is the men's basketball coach at Fordham.
Two Wildcats in Top 10 at Bulls Bay
- Junior David Snyder sits in a tie for fourth, while freshman Tyler ‘Chip’ McDaniel ranks ninth.
Cauley-Stein named UK's 25th consensus first team All-American
- The NCAA recognizes the Sporting News, AP, NABC and United States Basketball Writers Association All-America teams in considering consensus All-Americans.
Cincinnati's Mick Cronin cleared to resume coaching
- Cronin had more tests recently that found the problem had been resolved. The problem - known as arterial dissection - was treated with medication.
Nunley SEC Co-Pitcher of the Week for second time in 2015
- University of Kentucky junior pitcher Kelsey Nunley has been named the Co-Southeastern Conference Pitcher of the Week, it was announced Monday by the league office.
More Sports Overtime Headlines