Sports Overtime Headlines
EKU’S Walden Co-Player of the Week after beating No. 18 Miami
Posted: 4:52 PM
- Eastern Kentucky University’s Corey Walden was chosen as the Ohio Valley Conference Co-Player of the Week on Monday after leading the Colonels to a 28-point victory at No. 18 Miami on Friday, the league announced from its Brentwood, Tennessee headquarters.
Roundball Preview: Pikeville Girls
Updated: 4:15 PM
- 2014-15 preview of the Pikeville girl's basketball team.
Stoops on Dawson: "Sink or swim, here's the keys, you do it”
Posted: 3:55 PM
- Kentucky head football coach Mark Stoops took the podium to talk with the media Monday, and one main talking point was about his new offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson.
Roundball Preview: Pikeville Boys
Updated: 8:07 PM
- After three consecutive 20 win seasons the Pikeville boys basketball team fell to 11-18 last year.
Jervis Inks with Bears
Posted: 2:17 PM
- Bethany Jervis, a member of the Williamsburg High School golf team since the fifth grade, signed an NAIA Scholarship to join the University of Pikeville women’s golf team for the 2015-16 season, UPIKE head coach Nelson Scott announced on Monday.
Booker named SEC Freshman of the Week
Posted: 1:41 PM
- Guard Devin Booker was named the Southeastern Conference Freshman of the Week on Monday after scoring a game-high 19 points in Kentucky’s 83-44 victory over UCLA on Saturday in the CBS Sports Classic in Chicago.
Bears advance to bracket play
Posted: 1:40 PM
- UPIKE men’s bowling qualified for the Championship Round Bracket of the Glen Carlson Las Vegas Invitational where it beat No. 2-seed Webber International (Fla.) in round one before falling to 10th-seeded Marian (Ind.) in the quarterfinals on Sunday.
Leslie County girls 9-0, best start since 2001
Updated: 2:22 PM
- A win over Hazard Tuesday night would be win number 750 for the Leslie County Lady Eagles basketball program.
ACC suspends Louisville's Harrell 1 game
- Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell was suspended for one game by the Atlantic Coast Conference on Sunday for a flagrant 2 foul and ejection Saturday in the Cardinals' 76-67 victory at Western Kentucky.
Sixth ranked LMU blows by UVa-Wise
- Sixth ranked Lincoln Memorial University shot 61.2 percent from the floor and scored 66 second half points en route to a 107-55 victory over UVa-Wise on Sunday.
More Sports Overtime Headlines