Sports Overtime Headlines
UK adds New Mexico State to 2016 schedule
- Kentucky completed its nonconference schedule for 2016 with the addition of New Mexico State. The Cats will play the Aggies on September 17, 2016 in Commonwealth Stadium.
Phillips hits pair of 3-run HRs, Reds beat Pirates 15-5
- The Reds opened the season with a three-game sweep of the Pirates at Great American Ball Park.
Clay County advances to Junior League Softball World Series
- The Junior League Softball World Series is scheduled to begin on Sunday, August 2 in Kirkland, Washington.
Bengals DT Devon Still relieved about daughter as camp opens
- Leah Still's latest scan found no trace of the cancer that she's been fighting for more than a year
Cats pull in 6th commitment this week
- Tampa wide receiver Jermaine Eskridge has given a commitment to UK on Thursday. Eskridge marks the sixth player this week to verbally commit to Mark Stoops and Kentucky.
Reds call up lefty David Holmberg to start vs Pirates
- Holmberg went 2-2 with a 4.80 in five starts and two relief appearances for the Reds last year.
Great white shark thwarts marathon swim in San Francisco Bay
- The Marin Independent Journal reports Thursday that Corte Madera marathon swimmer Simon Dominguez was trying to swim about 28 miles Wednesday afternoon when his teen daughter, in a support boat, spotted a great white shark when he was just 3 1/2 miles from his goal.
Pirates acquire former UK pitcher Blanton
- Pittsburgh acquired Blanton from Kansas City early Thursday for cash considerations.
Ohio State suspends Bosa, Marshall, 2 others for opener
- In a statement released about an hour before Big Ten media days began Thursday, the Buckeyes said the players violated department of athletics policy.
Six Eagles named to NABC Honors Court
- More than 1,000 men from 350 NCAA and NAIA schools were honored this year.
More Sports Overtime Headlines