Sports Overtime Headlines
Fans invited to “Cat Walk” at the Blue/White Game
- Fans are invited to the “Cat Walk” – cheering the team when the Wildcats enter Commonwealth Stadium – at 1:45 p.m. at Gate One.
UPike softball comes up short at Cumberlands in 6-4, 5-4 losses
- UPIKE (13-26, 9-21 MSC) trailed 5-0 heading into the sixth innings of the opener before scoring two runs in both the sixth and fifth innings.
Big inning does in Bulldogs
- The loss puts Union at 33-16 overall, while Georgetown is now 35-6 on the year.
Bengals scheduled a third straight year for three regular-season games in prime time
- The Bengals will host Cleveland in an NFL Network game on Thurs., Nov. 6, and Denver will visit Paul Brown Stadium in an ESPN contest on Mon., Dec. 22.
Dakari Johnson to return to Kentucky
- The 7-foot center started 18 of Kentucky’s last 20 games, averaging 5.8 points and 4.6 rebounds per game during that stretch.
Sophomore Alex Poythress to return for junior year
- Sophomore forward Alex Poythress will return to the Kentucky men’s basketball program for the 2014-15 season, he announced Wednesday.
Johnson and Smoak earn track MSC Honors for the week
- The Patriots performed extremely well and individually had a couple of athletes earn Mid-South Conference honors.
Lady Railsplitters conclude regular Season ranked No.8 in Southeast Region Poll
- The Lady Railsplitters (26-15, 12-8 SAC) used a 23-15 record against in-region foes to break into the Southeast Region poll at the conclusion of the regular season.
Aldila Sutjiadi named to All-SEC team
- At the No. 2 singles position, Sutjiadi boasted an 11-6 record, including seven wins in conference play. The freshman also garnered four wins over ranked opponents.
Patriot tennis garners 8 Academic All-Conference Awards
- With the Patriots looking to make a splash in the tournament, some of those athletes already made a big impact on their team in the classroom and for their efforts were awarded by the MSC.
More Sports Overtime Headlines