Sports Overtime Headlines
Roundball Preview: Piarist Lady Knights
- The Piarist Lady Knights took a huge step last season in establishing their program earning the program's first ever district win.
Williamsburg prepares for defending Class A champion Mayfield
- Come rain, sleet, or snow the Kentucky high school football state championships are scheduled for this weekend in Bowling Green, and for one coverage area team this is their first experience.
Roundball Preview: Piarist Knights
- The Piarist boys basketball program is still relatively young after resurfacing several years ago.
Belfry fighting through opponents' best shots
- Three WYMT coverage area football teams will be making the trip to Bowling Green this weekend; two for the first time, one for a fourth straight season.
Wayne Co. focused on containing nerves in Class 3A finals
- Making their first trip to the football state finals this season is the Wayne County Cardinals, who enter the Class 3A state championship game a perfect 14-0 on the season.
No. 1 Maroons face tall taks in Class 5A state finals
- The No. 1 Pulaski County Maroons are one of two WYMT coverage area teams making their first ever appearance in the football state finals, with the other being No. 9 Williamsburg.
Roundball Preview: June Buchanan Crusaders
- For the second straight season the June Buchanan Crusaders will be welcoming in a new head coach as Casey Dalton takes over the program.
Union halts Tennessee Wesleyan’s AAC streak with 78-70 victory
- Three Union College men's basketball players recorded double-doubles, pacing the Bulldogs to a big 78-70 victory over Tennessee Wesleyan on Wednesday evening in Appalachian Athletic Conference play at Robsion Arena.
Tennessee Wesleyan surges past No. 21 Union in 58-48 AAC tilt
- The No. 21 Union women's basketball team did not get to enjoy its first game ranked in the NAIA Top 25 this season as visiting Tennessee Wesleyan notched a 58-48 Appalachian Athletic Conference decision on Wednesday.
UVa-Wise announces softball recruiting class
- UVa-Wise softball head coach, Karen Bitter announced today that Monica Brandts, Bridget Henzel, Kayleigh Kent, Zoe Millard, and Brianna Mosby all have signed letters of commitment to join the Cavaliers for the 2015 season.
More Sports Overtime Headlines
WYMT CONTACT INFO
199 Black Gold Blvd.
Hazard, KY 41701
606-436-5757 - switchboard
606-439-9968 - newsroom
- Copyright © 2002-2013 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Limelight Networks