Sports Overtime Headlines
UPike's Sani Warren preps for Morehead State
- UPike freshman quarterback and former Belfry Pirate Sani Warren will start this Saturday when the Bears travel to Morehead State.
EKU's Lloyd named OVC Specialist of the Week
- Placekicker Andrew Lloyd was named the Adidas OVC Specialist of the Week following his performance in the Eastern Kentucky University football team’s 29-10 win at Robert Morris Thursday night.
Team USA pulls away late against the Turkish
- They figured it would be simple, that they would just beat up on Turkey like they did Finland a night earlier.
Pikeville's Pugh rushes for 7 TDs, talks about his night
- Pikeville's Daric Pugh talked about his sensational night running the ball against Hazard.
UK women's soccer team beats Ohio, sweeps weekend
- The University of Kentucky women’s soccer team used a first half goal from Jade Klump followed up by second half goals from Courtney Raetzman and Alex Carter to collect a 3-0 win over the Ohio University Bobcats on Sunday afternoon in the newly-christened Wendell & Vickie Bell Soccer Complex.
Reds hold off Pirates 3-2 Sunday
- Chris Heisey hit two home runs, including a tiebreaking shot in the ninth inning, and Johnny Cueto overcame an early jolt to earn his 16th win as the Cincinnati Reds beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 3-2 Sunday.
Bulldogs blank Georgetown, 2-0, in season opener
- On a stormy Saturday night at Georgetown (Ky.), the Union College women's soccer team posted an impressive performance in their 2014 season opener, besting the host Tigers, 2-0, in NAIA action.
Saturday's high school football scores
- High School football scores from around the Commonwealth.
Davidson dominant in season opener, 56-0
- The win snapped a 12-game losing streak for Davidson (1-0), and was its first shutout since defeating Campbell 49-0 in 2008.
Richmond offense overpowers football in season opener
- Strauss, a candidate for the Walter Payton Award (top player in the Football Championship Subdivision), connected on touchdown tosses of 41, 16 and 12 yards.
More Sports Overtime Headlines