Sports Overtime Headlines
Despite loss, Cardinals named Team of the Week
- The WYMT Team of the Week was on the losing end of its Week 5 matchup.
Blackcat receiver named Player of the Week
- For the first time since Week 0 the WYMT Player of the Week goes to a wide receiver.
UPike drops Holland Jr.'s interim tag
- Allan Holland Jr., who was named interim head football coach at the University of Pikeville on Aug. 11, is dropping the interim tag and will be on the sidelines Saturday as the program’s sixth head football coach, Athletic Director Robert Staggs announced on Wednesday.
Petersen named OVC Women's Golfer of the Week
- Petersen, a native of Soenderborg, Denmark, finished third out of 67 individuals at the Chris Banister Classic.
Women’s soccer travels to Mizzou, No. 9 Texas A&M
- Wildcats face Tigers, Aggies on national TV over the weekend
EKU’S Sundlof named OVC Golfer of the Week
- Sundlof opened play on Monday with a 4-under round of 68 and then shot an even-par 72 during the second round.
Stoops addresses suspensions
- UK coach Mark Stoops said he has some good kids who used poor judgement. Following Tuesday's practice, Stoops addressed the disciplinary action taken against four freshmen players.
Men's soccer jump to 16th in latest NAIA Coaches’ Poll
- The Union College men’s soccer team is ranked 16th in this week’s NAIA Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, marking the first time since August 20, 2002 that the Bulldogs have been voted in the top 25. The Bulldogs were receiving votes in last week’s poll.
Union's Clark wins NAIA Defensive Player of the Week award
- Andy Clark was named NAIA National Men's Soccer Defensive Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday.
Union men's golf finishes runner-up at Blue Raider Invitational
- The Union College men's golf team continued their strong showing in the early part of their 2014-15 season on Tuesday, finishing runners-up at the 2014 Blue Raider Invitational at The Pines at Lindsey Wilson.
More Sports Overtime Headlines