Sports Overtime Headlines
Coker christened as South Atlantic Conference Player of the Year; three others earn All-SAC honors
Posted: 1:00 PM
- Lincoln Memorial University senior outfielder Josh Coker was christened as the South Atlantic Conference Player of the Year, headlining a list of four Railsplitters arrayed with postseason accolades, the league office announced on Wednesday with the unveiling of the SAC regular-season baseball awards. Along with Coker, who also earned All-SAC Second Team as a reliever, Kelvin Brito and Jean Rodriguez were named to the All-SAC Second Team while Kyle Floyd was an honorable mention selection.
Sophomore Alex Poythress to return for junior year
Posted: 12:56 PM
- Sophomore forward Alex Poythress will return to the Kentucky men’s basketball program for the 2014-15 season, he announced Wednesday.
Stokes’ 4-for-4 game lifts No. 9 UKl to W in at WKU
- University of Kentucky sophomore infielder Christian Stokes went 4-for-4 at the plate, including her fourth home run of the season and two runs batted in, while fellow sophomore infielder Nikki Sagermann hit her fifth home run in five games, pacing No. 9 Kentucky to an exciting 11-8 victory over WKU on Tuesday at the WKU Softball Complex in Bowling Green, Ky.
No. 17 Kentucky outlasts Tennessee Tech in wild 10-homer game
- In a battle of two of the top four run-scoring teams in the nation, Micheal Thomas hit a go-ahead two-run homer in the bottom of the eighth inning – the 10th home run hit between the two teams – lifting No. 17 Kentucky to a wild 15-13 win over Tennessee Tech, on a windy Tuesday night at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
Cueto pitches Reds by Pirates 4-1
- Johnny Cueto tossed his second three-hitter against the Pittsburgh in a week and the Cincinnati Reds eased past the struggling Pirates 4-1 on Tuesday night.
Bulldogs rally, hold on for wild 11-10 victory
- Mid-week games always bring adventure, and Tuesday's 11-10 victory was no different for Union.
Zak Willis introduced as new head football coach at Union
- This is Willis' third head coaching job, and his second job coaching in the Mid-South Conference, and says he understands the high level of play that the Mid-South demands.
LMU celebrates year In sports
- The night was set in motion with a full-course meal before Roger Vannoy stepped to the podium to open the ceremony by welcoming the athletic department and thanking the support staff.
Damron wants bowling supported at local level
- The UPike women's bowling team is fresh off a runner-up finish at the Intercollegiate Team Championships in Nevada, and now head coach Ron Damron will begin recruiting for next season.
Albert Pujols hits 500th HR of major league career
- Albert Pujols has hit the 500th home run of his career, becoming the 26th player in major league history to reach that milestone.
More Sports Overtime Headlines