Sports Overtime Headlines
Winston, Florida State rally to beat Louisville
- Jameis Winston threw three touchdowns to offset a three-interception start and Dalvin Cook had two long scoring runs to help second-ranked Florida State rally for a 42-31 victory over Louisville on Thursday night.
Reds exercise Cueto's option, decline Ludwick
- The Reds exercised Johnny Cueto's $10 million contract option on Thursday but decided to let outfielder Ryan Ludwick and infielder Jack Hannahan become free agents.
UK Hoops giving away chance to be on The Matthew Mitchell Show
- In an effort to “Pack the House” vs. the perennial powerhouse Baylor Lady Bears on Monday, Nov. 17 and sell out Rupp Arena for a collegiate women’s basketball game the second straight season, one lucky fan in attendance will win the opportunity to appear on the popular “Coach’s Kitchen” segment on The Matthew Mitchell Show, taped in the home kitchen of Matthew and Jenna Mitchell.
Lady Railsplitters tabbed seventh in initial NCAA Division II Southeast Region rankings
- The Lady Railsplitters (9-3-2) were tabbed at No.7 in the initial NCAA Division II Southeast Region rankings, which were released by region officials Wednesday. The top six squads in the final regular-season region rankings earn a bid to the NCAA Southeast Regional that begins on November 14.
UConn unanimous No. 1 in preseason women's hoops, Kentucky No. 11
- Geno Auriemma and his UConn Huskies will begin the season the same way they ended the last one - atop The Associated Press women's basketball poll.
Kentucky set to start season with platoon system
- This year's Kentucky roster is unusually deep even for a program used to having an abundance of talent.
Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- With both starters chased early, this became a matchup of bullpens. And no one stood taller than the 6-foot-5 Bumgarner, who added to his postseason legacy with a third victory this Series.
UK defense working on fundamentals
- The Kentucky defense is working hard on fundamentals as the Cats go for a sixth win Saturday at Missouri.
Lakers' Randle has surgery, likely out for year
- Lakers rookie forward Julius Randle is expected to miss the rest of the season after undergoing surgery on his broken right leg.
Union drops fourth straight with 3-0 loss to St. Andrews
- The Bulldogs drop to 12-5 on the season and 5-3 in AAC play. With the win, the Knights improve to 11-1-1 and 6-1-1 in conference play.
More Sports Overtime Headlines