Sports Overtime Headlines
Stoops addresses suspensions
6 mins ago
- UK coach Mark Stoops said he has some good kids who used poor judgement. Following Tuesday's practice, Stoops addressed the disciplinary action taken against four freshmen players.
Men's soccer jump to 16th in latest NAIA Coaches’ Poll
Posted: 7:04 PM
- The Union College men’s soccer team is ranked 16th in this week’s NAIA Men’s Soccer Coaches’ Top 25 Poll, marking the first time since August 20, 2002 that the Bulldogs have been voted in the top 25. The Bulldogs were receiving votes in last week’s poll.
Union's Clark wins NAIA Defensive Player of the Week award
Posted: 6:40 PM
- Andy Clark was named NAIA National Men's Soccer Defensive Player of the Week, the national office announced on Tuesday.
Union men's golf finishes runner-up at Blue Raider Invitational
Posted: 6:36 PM
- The Union College men's golf team continued their strong showing in the early part of their 2014-15 season on Tuesday, finishing runners-up at the 2014 Blue Raider Invitational at The Pines at Lindsey Wilson.
FCC spikes sports blackout rule
Posted: 3:07 PM
- The FCC wants an end to sports blackouts.
Kentucky football prep poll (September 30)
Updated: 4:49 PM
- The top teams in the Kentucky Associated Press high school football polls.
Kentucky softball team, 12 student-athletes honored by NFCA for academics
Posted: 2:43 PM
- The University of Kentucky softball team’s first-ever trip to the Women’s College World Series earlier this year wasn’t the only significant honor for the squad in 2014 as the National Fastpitch Coaches Association has announced that 12 UK softball student-athletes have been named NFCA All-America Scholar Athletes.
Tickets to inaugural CBS Sports Classic on sale Friday
Posted: 2:42 PM
- Tickets to the 2014 CBS Sports Classic, a college basketball doubleheader featuring perennial powers Kentucky, North Carolina, Ohio State and UCLA, will go on sale Friday, Oct. 3, at 10 a.m. CST. The doubleheader will take place on Saturday, Dec. 20, at the United Center in Chicago, starting at Noon, CT with North Carolina taking on Ohio State followed by UCLA facing Kentucky at 2:30 p.m., CT.
No. 1 Pulaski stays on top, Pikeville jumps over Belfry in Mountain Top 10
Updated: 3:10 PM
- Pulaski County holds the top spot, receiving all first place votes in this week’s Alice Lloyd College Mountain Top 10 rankings.
Darrian Miller named SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week
- After grading out at 89 percent in Kentucky’s win over Vanderbilt, senior offensive tackle Darrian Miller has been tabbed Southeastern Conference Offensive Lineman of the Week, it was announced by the league office on SEC Now on the SEC Network on Monday night.
More Sports Overtime Headlines