Sports Overtime Headlines
Three drop 27 as No. 2 UPike men erupt past St. Catharine 110-87
- Macari Brooks, Kenny Manigault and K.K. Simmons scored 27 points each to lead No. 2 Pikeville past St. Catharine 110-87 in a spirited, second-half effort on Thursday night in Lourdes Hall.
Hot shooting UPike women top St. Catharine 85-60
- No Bear played more than 20 minutes and 12 points from Kelah Eldridge led the team as the University of Pikeville women used a balanced attack to knock off St. Catharine 85-60 on Thursday in Lourdes Hall.
No. 12 Louisville routs Belmont, 95-35
- Freshman Mariya Moore scored 17 points, her average through her first three college games, and led five players in double figure scoring as No. 12 Louisville routed Belmont, 95-35 on Thursday night.
Wildcats and Blackcats prep for Game of the Week
- Prestonsburg is looking for its first Region Title since 2009, while Shelby Valley is looking for its first ever Region Championship for football.
Bulldogs receive All-Mid-South Conference honors
- This is the first team any of the four have made the All-MSC East Team.
EKU's Dean Hood named finalist for Eddie Robinson Award
- Eastern Kentucky University head football coach Dean Hood was selected as one of 20 finalists for the Eddie Robinson Award Thursday afternoon. The award, presented annually by The Sports Network, is given to the top coach in the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision (FCS).
Numerous football Patriots honored with MSC awards
- The University of the Cumberlands (UC) Football program recently wrapped up a tough 2014 season as they finished the year 3-7 and 2-4 in Mid-South Conference (MSC) East Division play. On Wednesday, the Mid-South Conference announced its yearly awards and the Patriots had several players honored for their work on the field.
Bulldogs announce 2015 softball schedule
- Union College softball coach Hannah Griffin recently announced the Bulldogs 2015 schedule. In all, the Bulldogs will play 26 home games at Union Field.
Eight from UPike football named All-MSC East Division
- The University of Pikeville had eight players named to the All Mid-South Conference East Division Football Teams, league officials announced on Wednesday. Five Bears earned first-team honors, while three more were named to the second team.
Cobb paces Cincinnati past Morehead State 69-61
- Farad Cobb scored 24 points in 28 minutes after coming off the bench to lead Cincinnati to a 69-61 victory over Morehead State on Wednesday night.
More Sports Overtime Headlines