Sports Overtime Headlines
Stallworth to miss 3-4 weeksdue to knee injury
Posted: 2:16 PM
- Kentucky women’s basketball senior forward DeNesha Stallworth will miss three-to-four weeks after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery on her left knee, head coach Matthew Mitchell announced Wednesday.
Dalton is named AFC Offensive Player of the Week
Posted: 2:15 PM
- Bengals QB Andy Dalton today was named by the NFL as the AFC Offensive Player of the Week.
Women's basketball moves up in NAIA Top 25 Poll
Posted: 2:14 PM
- The University of the Cumberlands (UC) Women's Basketball team has gotten off to a bit of a bumpy start in the 2013-14 season. With a 2-3 record, the Patriot ladies have improved each and every game thus far though on the year. With a large parody in the NAIA this year, the first edition of the NAIA Top 25 poll was released on Tuesday and the Patriot ladies are still earning the respect of everyone around the NAIA.
Men's basketball leaps to No.20 in NABC/Division II Coaches Poll
Posted: 2:12 PM
- The Lincoln Memorial University men's basketball team (6-1, 3-1 SAC) moved to No.20 in the most recent NABC/Division II rankings, which were released by officials with the National Association of Basketball Coaches on Tuesday.
Roundball Preview: Somerset Briar Jumpers
- The Somerset Briar Jumpers enjoyed a successful 2012 season, finishing runner-up in the 12th region but will have a much different look this season.
UPike men's basketball jumps into top three of NAIA poll
- The University of Pikeville is tied for third in the first regular-season NAIA Men’s Basketball Coaches’ Top-25 Poll, officials from the national office announced on Tuesday.
Win in Rome with the Patriots
- The University of the Cumberlands Football team is one win away from capturing its first National Championship in program history! Congratulations go out to Head Coach John Bland and the Cumberlands Patriots Football team on their storybook season, garnering a number one national ranking with an unblemished 13-0 record, and winners of the Mid-South Conference East Division.
O’Neill named USBWA Ann Meyers Drysdale National Player of the Week
- Kentucky women’s basketball junior guard Jennifer O’Neill has been named the U.S. Basketball Writers Association’s first Ann Meyers Drysdale National Player of the Week of the season for games ending the week of Sunday, Dec. 8, it was announced Tuesday.
Senior duo named to AVCA All-Southeast Region Team
- The senior tandem of Whitney Billings and Alexandra Morgan hauled in American Volleyball Coaches Association All-Southeast Region honors it was announced by the association on Tuesday.
Williamson named All-SEC Second Team by League Coaches
- A day after being honored by the Associated Press as a second-team All-Southeastern Conference performer, Kentucky senior linebacker Avery Williamson earned the same honor Tuesday by league’s coaches as the conference office announced its 2013 Coaches’ All-SEC Teams.
More Sports Overtime Headlines
WYMT CONTACT INFO
199 Black Gold Blvd.
Hazard, KY 41701
606-436-5757 - switchboard
606-439-9968 - newsroom
- Copyright © 2002-2013 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Limelight Networks