Sports Overtime Headlines
Jackson County General heads to West Point
- The senior guard notched 1,873 points, 721 assists, 531 rebounds and 233 steals during his career at Jackson County.
Cavalier baseball sweeps Charleston
- UVa-Wise (11-22, 8-17 MEC) fell behind 1-0 in the third inning of the day’s opener when the visitors scored an unearned run without the benefit of a hit.
Eagles score 10-4 victory over Shawnee State
- The Morehead State baseball team plated nine runs in its final four at-bats and its bullpen allowed just one run in five innings en route to a 10-4 victory over Shawnee State (Ohio) on Wednesday afternoon at Allen Field.
Defense shines in annual Red - Gray Game
- Despite being limited to 28 rushing yards on 23 attempts, the UVa-Wise offense did have some bright spots.
Bulldogs' rally comes up short
- Union put together a late rally, but it was not enough to overcome a five-run deficit as visiting Campbellsville (Ky.) held on for the 5-3 decision on Wednesday.
UPike women's bowling qualifies eighth, opens Nationals against Maryland-Eastern Shore
- After failing to reach 200 pins in its last five games, the University of Pikeville women’s bowling team slipped to the No. 8 seed after qualifying at the xBowling Intercollegiate Team Championships on Wednesday at the Reno/Sparks Convention Center.
Home runs and pitching drive Lady Railsplitters to sweep over Mars Hill
- The Lady Railsplitters used three home runs and a pair of dazzling pitching performances to sweep the Mars Hill Lions in South Atlantic Conference softball action on Wednesday in Mars Hill, North Carolina. Sophomore Samantha Smith (Knoxville, TN) twirled a complete-game, three-hitter in a 3-0 victory in game one, while Junior Amanda Snow (Knoxville, TN) blasted a game-tying home run in the top of the seventh and made a sterling relief effort to key a 5-4 win in eight innings in game two. Lincoln Memorial University (26-15, 12-8 SAC) earned its third SAC series sweep of the 2014 campaign in the process.
Hart: Vols hoops job still 'extremely attractive'
- Tennessee athletic director Dave Hart says the criticism former men's basketball coach Cuonzo Martin encountered this season shouldn't hinder the search for a successor.
Cueto throws 3rd shutout as Reds beat Pirates 4-0
- Johnny Cueto pitched his third career shutout against the team that beat him in the playoffs, and Joey Votto hit a two-run homer that led the Cincinnati Reds over the Pittsburgh Pirates 4-0 Wednesday for their first winning series this season.
Eagles set to host Spring Football Game on Saturday
- Morehead State will host its annual Spring Football Game on Saturday (April 20) at Jayne Stadium. Tailgating will begin at 2 p.m. ET. An alumni flag football game is slated to follow at 4, with current players and coaches hitting the field at 5:15. Admission is free.
More Sports Overtime Headlines