Sports Overtime Headlines
UVa-Wise picked 2nd in MEC Softball Preseason Poll
Posted: 3:39 PM
- UVa-Wise was picked to finish second with 107 points and earned five first-place votes.
UC JV Volleyball Signs Conrad
Posted: 3:17 PM
- Conrad hails from Lafollette, TN where she will graduate in May from Jellico High School.
SEC coaches pick UK softball third; UK 7th in ESPN.com Top 25
Posted: 2:28 PM
- The University of Kentucky softball team has been picked to finish third in the Southeastern Conference in 2015, including picking up one first-place vote by league coaches, it was announced on Thursday by the league office.
‘SEC Now’ to broadcast live from Rupp Arena on Saturday
Posted: 2:27 PM
- For the first time in the show’s history, “SEC Now” will broadcast its popular news and information studio show at a college basketball arena when it comes to Rupp Arena on Saturday for Kentucky’s matchup with Alabama.
Men's hoops notches third straight win at APSU
- Morehead State also improves to 54-51 in the all-time series against Austin Peay.
High school basketball scores from Wednesday
- Scores from across the state.
No. 10 Louisville beats Boston College 81-72
- Jones scored 10 of the Cardinals' next 12 points after BC cut the lead to 62-61 with just over 5 minutes left.
Lockdown defense, balanced offense leads No. 2 Railsplitters to blowout of Brevard
- Lincoln Memorial extended the nation's longest winning streak to 19 with the victory, while earning its 25th straight home win and 24th consecutive SAC triumph.
Bulldogs grind out 79-74 AAC victory at Milligan
- Guard Dominique Hagans (SR/Lexington, Ky.) posted a double-double with 20 points and 10 rebounds, as the Union College men's basketball gutted out their ninth consecutive victory at Milligan (Tenn.) on Wednesday night, 79-74, in a battle between the top two teams in the Appalachian Athletic Conference.
Lady Railsplitters outlast Tornados behind Mathis's career night
- Freshman guard Ross Mathis (Greer, S.C.) capped a career night with a game-sealing three-pointer as the Lady Railsplitters (11-8, 8-5 SAC) outlasted the Brevard Tornados (3-13, 2-11 SAC) in a back-and-forth contest 70-65 in South Atlantic Conference women's hoops action on Wednesday at Tex Turner Arena.
More Sports Overtime Headlines