Sports Overtime Headlines
Leake leads Reds over Diamondbacks 3-0
- Mike Leake pitched into the eighth inning and singled home a run - a rare commodity for the Reds these days - leading Cincinnati to a 3-0 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Tuesday night.
Reds' Jay Bruce goes on bereavement list
- Reds outfielder Jay Bruce went on the bereavement list Tuesday before the second game of a series against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Bengals add Pittsburgh, Denver games for availability of single-game sales
- Single-game tickets for two of the marquee games on the Bengals’ 2014 home schedule -- on Sun., Dec. 7 at 1 p.m. vs. Pittsburgh and on Mon., Dec. 22 at 8:30 p.m. vs. Denver -- will be on sale beginning this Saturday (Aug. 2).
Union announces 2014 men's soccer schedule
- Union College men's head soccer coach Tyler Brock has announced the Bulldogs' 2014 schedule. In all, the team will play 18 matches on the year, with nine of which at home.
Cordia fans, supporters worry KHSAA sanctions will hurt community
- Fans and supporters of the Cordia High School boys basketball team are having to get used to the thought of a season without watching their Lions.
Ahmed sends Dbacks over Reds 2-1 in 15 innings
- Nick Ahmed's RBI single with two outs in the 15th inning sent the Arizona Diamondbacks to a 2-1 victory over the Cincinnati Reds on Monday night and kept their franchise perfect when games go really long.
North Laurel Senior League to represent Kentucky in Central Region
- The team is representing Kentucky in the regional tournament in Chicago.
Former Bear Watson shines in Florida Pro League
- The Florida Basketball Association (FBA) has named Florida Flight rookie and recent University of Pikeville graduate Chris Watson its Game Changer Player of the Month for June.
UVa-Wise assistant named Regional Coach of the Year
- Gary Adams has been recognized as the 2014 Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) Division II Men’s Assistant Coach of the Year for the Atlantic Region as announced by the ITA. This award recognizes the outstanding accomplishments by one assistant men’s coach in each region. Mr. Adams was named as one of eight award winners nationally in NCAA Division II. While the ITA award recognizes the recipient as having made significant contributions to the men’s squad, Mr. Adams’ contributions can be felt throughout the entire tennis program.
UK Soccer announces 2014 ticket plans
- The University of Kentucky men’s and women’s soccer programs announced ticket plans for the 2014 home season, it’s first in the newly constructed Wendell & Vickie Bell Soccer Complex.
More Sports Overtime Headlines