Sports Overtime Headlines
Colonels fend off Southeast Missouri State 33-21
21 mins ago
- The Eastern Kentucky University football team never trailed in its 2014 Homecoming game as the No. 18 Colonels fought off visiting Southeast Missouri for a 33-21 win.
No. 1 Mississippi State survives Kentucky 45-31
Posted: 7:35 PM
- Playing for the first time atop the rankings, the Bulldogs (7-0, 4-0 Southeastern Conference) showed no rust coming off a bye.
Cavaliers' defense, running game too much for Yellow Jackets
Posted: 7:09 PM
- A third quarter pick six by Nehemiah Jones proved to be the difference on Saturday as UVa-Wise scored a 16-13 Mountain East Conference win over West Virginia State. The victorious Cavaliers rushed for a season-high 279 yards in the victory led by freshman Carlton Griffith’s 30 carry 111 yard performance.
Bulldogs' comeback attempt comes up short; KCU wins 39-32
Posted: 5:17 PM
- The Union College football team showed no quit as the Bulldogs continued to battle back. Unfortunately, host Kentucky Christian kept a step ahead in recording the 39-32 Mid-South Conference East victory on Saturday.
Morehead State outscores Valparaiso 48-47
Posted: 5:15 PM
- Brandon Bornhauser scored from 4 yards out with 17 seconds remaining and Morehead State beat Valparaiso 48-47 on Saturday.
Mazza carries Stetson past Davidson 40-34.
Posted: 5:13 PM
- Cole Mazza ran for 143 yards and three touchdowns to lead Stetson to a 40-34 win over Davidson on Saturday.
Royals take 2-1 World Series lead
- Sparkling defense, a stingy bullpen and just enough timely hitting. That winning formula of fundamental baseball put the Kansas City Royals ahead in the World Series.
Thomasson’s double-double leads No. 16 UK to Sweep at Arkansas
- Led by sophomore Anni Thomasson’s 10th double-double of the season, the No. 16 Kentucky volleyball team recorded a 3-0 (25-20, 25-20, 25-19) win at Arkansas Friday Night.
UPike men favorite in the MSC
- Nine new faces will be on the court for the University of Pikeville men’s basketball team this season, but respect in the Mid-South Conference remains the same as the league’s coaches picked the Bears as the preseason favorites according to a poll released by conference officials on Friday.
UPike women voted seventh in MSC
- The University of Pikeville women’s basketball team was picked to finish seventh in the Mid-South Conference standings, according to a preseason poll of the league’s head coaches released by conference officials on Friday.
More Sports Overtime Headlines