Sports Overtime Headlines
Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- With both starters chased early, this became a matchup of bullpens. And no one stood taller than the 6-foot-5 Bumgarner, who added to his postseason legacy with a third victory this Series.
UK defense working on fundamentals
- The Kentucky defense is working hard on fundamentals as the Cats go for a sixth win Saturday at Missouri.
Lakers' Randle has surgery, likely out for year
- Lakers rookie forward Julius Randle is expected to miss the rest of the season after undergoing surgery on his broken right leg.
Union drops fourth straight with 3-0 loss to St. Andrews
- The Bulldogs drop to 12-5 on the season and 5-3 in AAC play. With the win, the Knights improve to 11-1-1 and 6-1-1 in conference play.
Game of the Week Preview: No. 4 Pirates prep for top-ranked Golden Eagles
- This week’s WYMT Appalachian Wireless Game of the Week features two Mountain top five teams: No. 4 Belfry at No. 1 Johnson Central.
Georgia's Todd Gurley suspended 4 games by NCAA
- The NCAA has ruled that Georgia star running back Todd Gurley must sit out until Nov. 15 for accepting more than $3,000 for autographed memorabilia and other items over a two-year period.
Royals rout Giants 10-0 to force Game 7 in Series
- Lorenzo Cain looped a two-run single and Eric Hosmer chopped a two-run double over shortstop in a seven-run second inning as the Kansas City Royals battered the San Francisco Giants 10-0 Tuesday night to force a decisive Game 7 in the World Series.
Haywood without several starters for game vs. No. 1 Golden Eagles
- No. 4 Belfry at No. 1 Johnson Central Halloween night quick preview. (More Wednesday at 6 p.m.)
No. 16 UK Soccer extends unbeaten run to 8-straight at Ohio State
- Stefan Stojkovic scored his second goal of the season on 20 minutes, but Ohio State’s Ryan Ivancic equalized six minutes later and the 16th-ranked Kentucky men’s soccer team drew Ohio State 1-1 in double overtime on a cool Tuesday evening at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.
Cavs fall 3-0 to Concord
- The UVa-Wise volleyball team traveled to Athens, West Virginia on Tuesday for MEC action against Concord University. The Mountain Lions took advantage of 26 attack errors to defeat the Cavaliers 3-0 (26-24, 26-24, 27-25).
More Sports Overtime Headlines