Sports Overtime Headlines
Belfry fighting through opponents' best shots
- Three WYMT coverage area football teams will be making the trip to Bowling Green this weekend; two for the first time, one for a fourth straight season.
Wayne Co. focused on containing nerves in Class 3A finals
- Making their first trip to the football state finals this season is the Wayne County Cardinals, who enter the Class 3A state championship game a perfect 14-0 on the season.
No. 1 Maroons face tall taks in Class 5A state finals
- The No. 1 Pulaski County Maroons are one of two WYMT coverage area teams making their first ever appearance in the football state finals, with the other being No. 9 Williamsburg.
Roundball Preview: June Buchanan Crusaders
- For the second straight season the June Buchanan Crusaders will be welcoming in a new head coach as Casey Dalton takes over the program.
Union halts Tennessee Wesleyan’s AAC streak with 78-70 victory
- Three Union College men's basketball players recorded double-doubles, pacing the Bulldogs to a big 78-70 victory over Tennessee Wesleyan on Wednesday evening in Appalachian Athletic Conference play at Robsion Arena.
Tennessee Wesleyan surges past No. 21 Union in 58-48 AAC tilt
- The No. 21 Union women's basketball team did not get to enjoy its first game ranked in the NAIA Top 25 this season as visiting Tennessee Wesleyan notched a 58-48 Appalachian Athletic Conference decision on Wednesday.
UVa-Wise announces softball recruiting class
- UVa-Wise softball head coach, Karen Bitter announced today that Monica Brandts, Bridget Henzel, Kayleigh Kent, Zoe Millard, and Brianna Mosby all have signed letters of commitment to join the Cavaliers for the 2015 season.
No. 5/6 UK Hoops meets No. 9 Baylor in AT&T Stadium
- The No. 5/6 Kentucky women’s basketball team will travel to Arlington, Texas, looking to continue its winning ways when the Wildcats take on the ninth-ranked Baylor Lady Bears on Friday, Dec. 6 at 6:30 p.m. CT/7:30 p.m. ET in a doubleheader with the UK men’s team in the Dallas Cowboys’ AT&T Stadium. The women’s game will be broadcast live on ESPN3 with Fran Fraschilla and Jon Sciambi calling the action. It also will be on the UK IMG Sports Radio Network with Neil Price or fans can follow Twitter updates on @UKHoopCats.
Southern Miss defeats Morehead State 74-60
- Neil Watson led four players in double digits, scoring 19 points with five assists as Southern Miss defeated Morehead State 74-60 on Wednesday night.
Roundball Preview: June Buchanan Lady Crusaders
- Head coach Brandon Hayes and his June Buchanan Lady Crusaders enjoyed an 18-win season last year with no seniors on the roster.
More Sports Overtime Headlines
WYMT CONTACT INFO
199 Black Gold Blvd.
Hazard, KY 41701
606-436-5757 - switchboard
606-439-9968 - newsroom
- Copyright © 2002-2013 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Limelight Networks