Sports Overtime Headlines
2014 KY/IN All-Star Classic sunior teams announced
Posted: 2:18 PM
- The Bluegrass Sports Commission in conjunction with the Kentucky Lions Eye Foundation and the Kentucky Association of Basketball Coaches announced the rosters of the senior boys and senior girls Kentucky All-Star teams that will represent Kentucky this June.
Patriot basketball inks Caldwell for 2014-15 season
Posted: 2:13 PM
- The University of the Cumberlands (UC) Men’s Basketball team had another successful season, finishing with a strong 20-12 overall record as well as a Sweet Sixteen appearance in the NAIA National Championship. As the Patriots will lose five seniors to graduation in May, Head Coach Don Butcher and his staff have been hitting the recruiting trail hard this offseason and have signed a talented player for the 2014-15 team.
UPike baseball falls against No. 22 Point Park 6-3
Posted: 2:12 PM
- The University of Pikeville baseball team led No. 22 Point Park (Pa.) 3-2 heading into the seventh inning, but the Pioneers scored four unanswered runs in the final three innings to register a 6-3 non-conference win on Wednesday at Johnnie LeMaster Field.
No. 8-seed UPike women's bowling tops No. 9 Maryland-Eastern Shore, No. 1 Wichita State at xBowling ITC
Posted: 2:10 PM
- The University of Pikeville women’s bowling team hoped to be seeded higher than eighth at the 2014 xBowling Intercollegiate Team Championships, but at the end of day one it didn’t matter as the Bears beat defending national champion Maryland Eastern Shore and top-seeded Wichita State (Kan.) on Wednesday at the Reno/Sparks Convention Center.
Jackson County General heads to West Point
- The senior guard notched 1,873 points, 721 assists, 531 rebounds and 233 steals during his career at Jackson County.
Cavalier baseball sweeps Charleston
- UVa-Wise (11-22, 8-17 MEC) fell behind 1-0 in the third inning of the day’s opener when the visitors scored an unearned run without the benefit of a hit.
Eagles score 10-4 victory over Shawnee State
- The Morehead State baseball team plated nine runs in its final four at-bats and its bullpen allowed just one run in five innings en route to a 10-4 victory over Shawnee State (Ohio) on Wednesday afternoon at Allen Field.
Defense shines in annual Red - Gray Game
- Despite being limited to 28 rushing yards on 23 attempts, the UVa-Wise offense did have some bright spots.
Bulldogs' rally comes up short
- Union put together a late rally, but it was not enough to overcome a five-run deficit as visiting Campbellsville (Ky.) held on for the 5-3 decision on Wednesday.
UPike women's bowling qualifies eighth, opens Nationals against Maryland-Eastern Shore
- After failing to reach 200 pins in its last five games, the University of Pikeville women’s bowling team slipped to the No. 8 seed after qualifying at the xBowling Intercollegiate Team Championships on Wednesday at the Reno/Sparks Convention Center.
More Sports Overtime Headlines