Sports Overtime Headlines
Thursday's high school basketball scores
- Thursday's high school basketball scores
Morehead State defeats Golden Eagles 76-61
- Angelo Warner scored 23 points and Kareem Storey added a career-high 17 as fourth-seeded Morehead State defeated fifth-seeded Tennessee Tech 76-71 on Thursday night to advance to the semifinals of the Ohio Valley Conference tournament.
Reed, Whitaker too good for UPike men’s basketball against Lindsey Wilson
- Bruce Reed led all scorers with 26 points and Josh Whitaker chipped in 22 to lead the top-seeded University of Pikeville past No.8-seed Lindsey Wilson (Ky.) 78-72 in the first round of the 2014 MSC Men’s Basketball Championship presented by GoJohnnyGo 5K/10K Run/Walk on Thursday at Dallas Floyd Gymnasium.
Naivar joins Kentucky football staff
- Craig Naivar, who has been a defensive coordinator or special teams coordinator for the last 15 seasons, has joined the Kentucky football staff as special teams coordinator and safeties coach, Head Coach Mark Stoops announced Thursday.
Cavalier women falter in MEC Quarterfinals
- Second seeded West Liberty University opened the game on a 9-0 run and never trailed en route to an 82-57 victory over UVa-Wise in the quarterfinal round of the 2014 Go Mart Mountain East Conference Tournament.
Three Patriot Ladies garner MSC yearly awards
- The University of the Cumberlands (UC) Women’s Basketball program finished its regular season on a four game winning streak as they head into the 2014 Mid-South Conference Basketball Championship presented by GoJohnnyGo 5K/10K Run/Walk. As the Patriots ready themselves, the conference is announcing its year end awards as three Patriots earned spots on all-conference teams.
Heisman winning RBs Salaam, Williams up for Hall
- Heisman Trophy winning running backs Rashaan Salaam of Colorado and Ricky Williams of Texas are among the stars making their first appearance on the College Football Hall of Fame ballot this year.
13th-ranked Railsplitters tagged second In final Southeast Region rankings
- The Southeast Regional is scheduled to run from Saturday, March 15 until Tuesday, March 18.
Patriots' Scott, Bradley earn MSC yearly honors
- The University of the Cumberlands (UC) Men's Basketball team will look to continue their season on Thursday as they travel to Lebanon, TN for the 2014 Mid-South Conference Basketball Championship presented by GoJohnnyGo 5K/10K Run/Walk. While they finish final preparations, the conference announced its yearly awards on Wednesday.
No. 8/10 UK softball segins SEC action at Mississippi State
- After opening up its home schedule with three wins last weekend at John Cropp Stadium, the No. 8/10 University of Kentucky softball team is set to start conference play this weekend as it travels to Starkville, Miss., to square off against the Mississippi State Bulldogs in a three-game set beginning Friday at 7 p.m. ET.
More Sports Overtime Headlines