Sports Overtime Headlines
Union punches ticket to Sioux City
- The Union women’s basketball team has already won the Appalachian Athletic Conference Tournament and now they are headed to Sioux City, Iowa for the NAIA Division II national tournament
No. 6 Tennessee edges No. 12 Kentucky, wins SEC tournament
- Meighan Simmons scored 17 points, including two go-ahead free throws with 1:45 remaining, and No. 6 Tennessee edged 12th-ranked Kentucky 71-70 on Sunday to win another SEC tournament championship.
Keselowski wins in Vegas
- Brad Keselowski once blew a tire while leading the final lap of this same Nationwide Series race, so he knew he couldn't get excited about a victory in Vegas until he actually crossed the line.
No. 22 Kentucky sets three-game scoring mark, bludgeons Ball State, 26-3
- No. 22 Kentucky got home runs from Max Kuhn and Micheal Thomas to claim the series over Ball State with a 26-3 win, as UK’s 58 runs scored in a three-game series marked the most in the 105-year history of the program, on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
Smith, Sagermann homer as UK claims series at Miss. State
- University of Kentucky sophomore pitcher Kelsey Nunley tossed her second consecutive shutout in the circle, while senior infielder Krystal Smith launched a three-run homer and sophomore infielder Nikki Sagermann recorded a home run and two RBI as No. 8/10 Kentucky claimed its opening Southeastern Conference series with a 5-0 victory at Mississippi State on Sunday afternoon.
Bears rout Georgetown to capture MSC Title
- For the first time since the 2000-01 season, the University of Pikeville has captured the Mid-South Conference Regular-Season and Tournament Championships after routing Georgetown (Ky.) 96-71 in Sunday’s final at Dallas Floyd Gymnasium.
UK Hoops signee Jaycee Coe named Tennessee Class A Miss Basketball
- Kentucky women’s basketball signee Jaycee Coe was named the Class A Tennessee Miss Basketball for the second straight year, it was announced on Saturday by the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association.
Lady Railsplitters rally; defeat Nova Southeastern 5-4 in Saint Leo Invite
- A costly two-run throwing error bookended a two-rally that propelled the Lady Railsplitters to a 5-4 come-from-behind victory over the Nova Southeastern Sharks on Sunday in the finale of the Saint Leo Softball Invitational in Saint Leo, Florida.
Saturday's high school basketball scores
- Saturday's high school basketball scores
E Kentucky upsets Belmont 79-73 for OVC title
- Corey Walden scored 22 of his career-high 29 points in the second half to help Eastern Kentucky upset top-seeded Belmont 79-73 Saturday night for the Ohio Valley Conference tournament championship and an NCAA tournament berth.
More Sports Overtime Headlines