Sports Overtime Headlines
Gomez grand slam highlights Brewers' 12-1 win over Reds
- Mike Fiers (4-7) allowed three hits in seven scoreless innings to win for the first time in four starts since June 12.
Vegas, Langley share 2nd-round lead at Greenbrier Classic
- Vegas made five birdies during a bogey-free round, including two of his final three holes. He hasn't won since his rookie season in 2011.
Daniel set to make decision Saturday
- Daniel will make his choice between Kentucky, Louisville and South Carolina.
Former Colonel Walden gets chance to play his was onto NBA roster
- Former Eastern Kentucky University guard Corey Walden will play for the Boston Celtics’ summer league team, earning a chance to play his way onto an NBA roster.
Hoops alum Vincent Bailey steps up to French Pro-B league
- Vincent Bailey has signed a contract with Aix-Maurienne Savoie Basket out of the French Pro-B league, it was announced via EuroBasket.com.
Cardinals fire scouting director Correa amid hacking scandal
- The Cardinals declined to say why, but the team is the subject of an FBI investigation into the hacking of the Houston Astros player personnel database.
American Pharoah to race at Monmouth Park in Haskell
- Owner Ahmed Zayat told The Associated Press in a text message that his horse would make his first start since his dazzling Belmont win at the New Jersey shore track.
UVa-Wise adds 30 football signees
- Junior college transfer Rahiem Rolling comes to UVa-Wise after playing linebacker at Lackawanna College.
New fan amenities added to Great American Ball Park
- The wireless network labeled “REDSWIFI” does not require a password to connect and is supported by more than 570 high-density antennas located around the ballpark.
Nadal stunned by Dustin Brown in 2nd round at Wimbledon
- Dustin Brown, a German of Jamaican heritage with a clever touch and a throwback serve-and-volley game, beat Nadal 7-5, 3-6, 6-4, 6-4 on Centre Court on Thursday in by far the biggest surprise of the tournament so far.
More Sports Overtime Headlines