Sports Overtime Headlines
Cubs hire Maddon as manager, fire Renteria
- Joe Maddon has been hired as manager of the Cubs after the team fired Rick Renteria.
Kentucky earns No. 1 nod in AP preseason poll
- Kentucky is No. 1 in The Associated Press preseason Top 25 for the second straight season.
Stoops, UK agree to contract extension
- The contract of University of Kentucky football head coach Mark Stoops has been amended to extend through the 2019 season, UK Director of Athletics Mitch Barnhart announced Friday.
Railsplitters close out regular season in SAC showdown with Wingate
- The Railsplitters (7-4-3, 4-3-3 SAC) officially close out the regular season schedule Saturday afternoon, traveling to Wingate, N.C. for a South Atlantic Conference clash against the Bulldogs (10-3-1, 7-2-1 SAC). First kick between Lincoln Memorial and Wingate is scheduled for 3:30 p.m.
Bulldogs to receive AAC Championship Rings Tuesday night
- Before the 2014-15 edition of the Union College men's basketball team opens their season against Boyce (Ky.) on Tuesday night, the program will remember the 2013-14 Bulldogs one last time, as the squad will receive their Appalachian Athletic Conference Championship rings before tip-off in a special ceremony.
Jade Flory named to CoSIDA Academic All-District Team
- Morehead State soccer student-athlete Jade Flory has been named to the Capital One College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) Academic All District II Team.
Winston, Florida State rally to beat Louisville
- Jameis Winston threw three touchdowns to offset a three-interception start and Dalvin Cook had two long scoring runs to help second-ranked Florida State rally for a 42-31 victory over Louisville on Thursday night.
Reds exercise Cueto's option, decline Ludwick
- The Reds exercised Johnny Cueto's $10 million contract option on Thursday but decided to let outfielder Ryan Ludwick and infielder Jack Hannahan become free agents.
UK Hoops giving away chance to be on The Matthew Mitchell Show
- In an effort to “Pack the House” vs. the perennial powerhouse Baylor Lady Bears on Monday, Nov. 17 and sell out Rupp Arena for a collegiate women’s basketball game the second straight season, one lucky fan in attendance will win the opportunity to appear on the popular “Coach’s Kitchen” segment on The Matthew Mitchell Show, taped in the home kitchen of Matthew and Jenna Mitchell.
Lady Railsplitters tabbed seventh in initial NCAA Division II Southeast Region rankings
- The Lady Railsplitters (9-3-2) were tabbed at No.7 in the initial NCAA Division II Southeast Region rankings, which were released by region officials Wednesday. The top six squads in the final regular-season region rankings earn a bid to the NCAA Southeast Regional that begins on November 14.
More Sports Overtime Headlines