Sports Overtime Headlines
Bulldogs' rally comes up short
Posted: 8:41 PM
- Union put together a late rally, but it was not enough to overcome a five-run deficit as visiting Campbellsville (Ky.) held on for the 5-3 decision on Wednesday.
UPike women's bowling qualifies eighth, opens Nationals against Maryland-Eastern Shore
Posted: 8:08 PM
- After failing to reach 200 pins in its last five games, the University of Pikeville women’s bowling team slipped to the No. 8 seed after qualifying at the xBowling Intercollegiate Team Championships on Wednesday at the Reno/Sparks Convention Center.
Home runs and pitching drive Lady Railsplitters to sweep over Mars Hill
Posted: 8:06 PM
- The Lady Railsplitters used three home runs and a pair of dazzling pitching performances to sweep the Mars Hill Lions in South Atlantic Conference softball action on Wednesday in Mars Hill, North Carolina. Sophomore Samantha Smith (Knoxville, TN) twirled a complete-game, three-hitter in a 3-0 victory in game one, while Junior Amanda Snow (Knoxville, TN) blasted a game-tying home run in the top of the seventh and made a sterling relief effort to key a 5-4 win in eight innings in game two. Lincoln Memorial University (26-15, 12-8 SAC) earned its third SAC series sweep of the 2014 campaign in the process.
Jackson County General heads to West Point
Updated: 6:00 PM
- The senior guard notched 1,873 points, 721 assists, 531 rebounds and 233 steals during his career at Jackson County.
Hart: Vols hoops job still 'extremely attractive'
Posted: 3:47 PM
- Tennessee athletic director Dave Hart says the criticism former men's basketball coach Cuonzo Martin encountered this season shouldn't hinder the search for a successor.
Cueto throws 3rd shutout as Reds beat Pirates 4-0
Posted: 3:16 PM
- Johnny Cueto pitched his third career shutout against the team that beat him in the playoffs, and Joey Votto hit a two-run homer that led the Cincinnati Reds over the Pittsburgh Pirates 4-0 Wednesday for their first winning series this season.
Eagles set to host Spring Football Game on Saturday
Posted: 2:47 PM
- Morehead State will host its annual Spring Football Game on Saturday (April 20) at Jayne Stadium. Tailgating will begin at 2 p.m. ET. An alumni flag football game is slated to follow at 4, with current players and coaches hitting the field at 5:15. Admission is free.
2014 KY/IN All-Star Classic junior teams announced
Updated: 2:56 PM
- The Bluegrass Sports Commission in conjunction with the Kentucky Lions Eye Foundation and the Kentucky Association of Basketball Coaches announced the rosters of the Junior Boys and Junior Girls Kentucky All-Star teams that will represent Kentucky this June.
Leake's HR leads Reds over Pirates 7-5 for split
- Mike Leake doubled and hit a two-run homer Tuesday night, ending Gerrit Cole's winning streak and leading the Cincinnati Reds to a 7-5 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates that completed two days full of homers and delays.
Freshman relievers shine in No. 19 Kentucky's sweep of No. 9 Louisville
- LOUISVILLE -- Freshmen Zack Brown and Logan Salow combined to work six shutout innings in relief and Kyle Cody came on to earn his third save of the year with a shutout ninth, as No. 19 Kentucky posted a 4-2 win at No. 9 Louisville to sweep the two-game series, on a bitterly cold Tuesday night in front of 2,597 at Jim Patterson Stadium.
More Sports Overtime Headlines