Lady Cavs fall short in double overtime to top-seed West Liberty
- It took West Liberty an extra 10 minutes but the top-seeded Hilltoppers advanced to Saturday's semifinal round of the Mountain East Conference Basketball Tournament by virtue of a hard-fought 73-68 double overtime victory in the quarterfinals over ninth-seeded UVa.-Wise here at the Charleston Civic Center Thursday evening.
Patriot Ladies earn All-Conference honors
- The University of the Cumberlands (UC) Women’s Basketball team will begin their journey in the Mid-South Conference (MSC) Tournament on Thursday evening as they take on Lindsey Wilson College.
UPike’s Manigault named MSC Men’s Basketball Player of the Year
- Kenny Manigault is the Mid-South Conference Men’s Basketball Player of the Year, making it three straight seasons that a UPIKE player has received the honor, league officials announced at the annual awards banquet on Thursday.
Morehead State women fall in opening round of OVC Tournament
- The sixth-seeded Morehead State women's basketball team led by as many as 10 points over third-seeded Tennessee State in the Ohio Valley Conference Tournament quarterfinals Thursday, but the Tigers outscored the Eagles 30-8 in the final 11 minutes to rally for an 81-66 victory at Municipal Auditorium.
No. 4 UPike falls 59-56 to No. 5 Cumberland at MSC Women’s Basketball Tournament
- Jalita Fason waited until the final second of the shot clock to bury a game-winning three to help fifth-seeded Cumberland (Tenn.) upset No. 4-seed University of Pikeville 59-56 on Thursday in the first round of the Mid-South Conference Women’s Basketball Tournament in the Frankfort Convention Center.
Three Kentucky signees selected for annual Jordan Brand Classic
- Three Kentucky men’s basketball signees have been selected to play in the annual Jordan Brand Classic on April 17, it was announced on Thursday.
UPike cheer finishes second at MSC Team Championships
- The University of Pikeville cheerleading team came up just short in its quest for a third straight Mid-South Conference Championship, taking second place on Wednesday night in the Frankfort Convention Center.
Morehead State advances at OVC Tournament
- Kareem Storey and Angelo Warner combined to sink four foul shots in the final nine seconds as fifth-seeded Morehead State squeaked past No. 8 seed Southeast Missouri State 79-74 in the opening round of the Ohio Valley tournament Wednesday night.
Wednesday's high school basketball scores
- Weather postponed 15 of the 16 region tournaments Wednesday.
Dominant second half leads No. 3 Railsplitters past Brevard in SAC Championship quarterfinals
- In a near replica of the last meeting between the two teams, the No. 3 nationally ranked and top-seeded Railsplitters (28-1) outscored the eight-seeded Brevard Tornados (12-17) by 13 points in the second half to fuel a 71-56 win in the quarterfinal round of the South Atlantic Conference Men's Basketball Championship on Wednesday at Tex Turner Arena.
More WYMT Sports Headlines