- Chris Lewis-Harris of the Cincinnati Bengals has been suspended without pay for the first two games of the 2014 regular season for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.
- Coach Blake Mellinger recently added Drew Absher to his coaching staff. The new assistant served as team captain for the Virginia Military Institute Keydets as a senior in 2013-14.
- Mike Leake pitched into the eighth inning and singled home a run - a rare commodity for the Reds these days - leading Cincinnati to a 3-0 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Tuesday night.
- Single-game tickets for two of the marquee games on the Bengals’ 2014 home schedule -- on Sun., Dec. 7 at 1 p.m. vs. Pittsburgh and on Mon., Dec. 22 at 8:30 p.m. vs. Denver -- will be on sale beginning this Saturday (Aug. 2).
- Nick Ahmed's RBI single with two outs in the 15th inning sent the Arizona Diamondbacks to a 2-1 victory over the Cincinnati Reds on Monday night and kept their franchise perfect when games go really long.