Free throws win it for No. 21 LWC
- The University of Pikeville women’s basketball team trimmed a 17-point second-half deficit to three down the stretch, but ultimately couldn’t compete with a 31-of-36 showing from the free-throw line as No. 21 Lindsey Wilson won 85-76 on Saturday in Biggers Sports Center.
Late rally lifts No. 4 Duke past No. 2 Virginia, 69-63
- Tyus Jones scored 17 points and hit a clinching 3-pointer with about 10 seconds remaining Saturday night as No. 4 Duke ended No. 2 Virginia's 21-game home winning streak, 69-63.
UPike women’s bowling No. 1, men No. 6 in NAIA Coaches’ Polls
- The men are the highest ranked team among MSC institutions.
Top-ranked Cats roll Tide by 15
- No. 1 Kentucky defeated Alabama, 70-55, Saturday night inside Rupp Arena.
Eastern Kentucky comes back to clip Morehead St, 66-57
- Corey Walden scored 20 points, including 12 of 13 at the free throw line to lead Eastern Kentucky to a 66-57 victory over Morehead State on Saturday.
Louisville rallies from 18 down to beat UNC 78-68 in OT
- Terry Rozier scored No. 10 Louisville's first six points in overtime and the Cardinals erased an 18-point second-half deficit to beat No. 13 North Carolina 78-68 on Saturday.
Second-ranked Railsplitters survive scare, ward off Cobras 62-58
- The second-ranked Railsplitters survived the scare of the season in a narrow 62-58 triumph over the Coker Cobras in South Atlantic Conference men's hoops action on Saturday afternoon in Hartsville, S.C.
Day's double-double not enough
- The second half battle was not enough for UVa-Wise Saturday in a 76-64 loss to Urbana University at the Prior Center.
Harding scores 29 in Cavalier victory
- Blair Harding scored a game-high 29 points and grabbed 13 rebounds while UVa-Wise forced Urbana into 23 turnovers as the Cavaliers completed a season-sweep of the Blue Knights with a 75-58 victory at the Prior Center Saturday.
Lady Railsplitters falter late in 67-62 loss at Coker
- The Coker Cobras closed on a 9-3 run to hand the Lady Railsplitters a 67-62 loss Saturday afternoon in Hartsville, S.C.
More WYMT Sports Headlines