Man killed in Menifee County crash
- The Menifee County Sheriff's Office said a man was killed in a crash on Tuesday morning.
Man assaulted, robbed overnight in Lexington
- A man is recovering after police say he was assaulted on Tuesday morning in Lexington.
Organizers discuss safety of Dirt Bowl basketball tournament in Lexington
- A community meeting was held Tuesday afternoon to discuss the future of the Dirt Bowl, a basketball tournament held in Douglass Park.
Lexington police: Man arrested for robbing a woman at knifepoint
- The Lexington Police Department arrested a man on Monday evening in connection to a robbery.
Lexington Burger King employees robbed at gunpoint
- The Lexington Police Department said two people were robbed outside a restaurant on Tuesday morning.
Lexington home damaged by downed tree in storm
- Strong winds swept through much of Central Kentucky Monday afternoon as a powerful storm made its way across Kentucky.
Lexington golf course goes pink to help find a cure
- One Lexington golf course went pink Monday in an effort to help in the fight against breast cancer.
Lexington to review its domestic partner benefits in light of Supreme Court decision
- The University of Kentucky, which has 128 employees enrolled in its domestic partner benefits program, also will review its policy, a spokeswoman said.
WKYT Investigates | ‘Neighbors are lied to’ about Blackburn inmate escapes
- Prisons are designed to keep inmates in but some inmates at Blackburn Correctional Complex have been walking right out.
Already this year, the prison in the northwest part of Fayette County has had as many escapes in 6 months as they typically count in 12 months.
Gay marriage ruling faces political test in Kentucky
- The political fallout of the U.S. Supreme Court's decision to legalize gay marriage will get its first test in Kentucky, one of the few conservative states where Democrats still control state government.
Officers witness man stealing a TV out of a Lexington home
- The Lexington Police Department made a burglary arrest on Saturday morning.
Man injured after overnight stabbing in Lexington
- The Lexington Police Department is looking for a suspect after an overnight stabbing on Saturday morning.
Clark County house catches fire two days in a row
- The Clark County Fire Department told WKYT they extinguished two fires in two days at the same home.
Prosecutors drop arson charges filed earlier this month against Lexington woman
- According to court records, all of the charges against Danitra Ross, 38, were amended down to third-degree criminal attempt arson and then dropped without prejudice, meaning the charges can be filed again if new evidence is discovered.
Owsley man charged with murder, DUI in fatal crash
- A 49-year-old Owsley County man is charged with murder and driving under the influence after a crash Wednesday night that killed a passenger on a motorcycle.
Lextran bus, SUV involved in crash on North Limestone
- A Lexington street is back open after a crash involving a Lextran bus.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.