Authorities identify man found in Madison County creek
- The Madison County Sheriff's Office has identified Eugene Paul Wren, 42, of Paint Lick as the man found late Tuesday night.
Fayette schools redistricting committee presents final proposal
- The Fayette County Public Schools redistricting committee on Tuesday presented the public with its final proposal.
Karl-Anthony Towns writes handwritten thank you note to the BBN
- On Saturday, Towns posted a five-page handwritten note to the Big Blue Nation.
Man robbed at gunpoint at a Lexington gas station, robber on the loose
- The Lexington Police Department is investigating an armed robbery.
Two people shot in Danville, police name suspect
- The Danville Police Department is searching for a man in connection with a shooting that sent two people to the hospital on Saturday morning.
Police: Two men attempt to rob Lexington gas station with a knife
- The Lexington Police Department is searching for two men who, they say, tried to rob a gas station on Friday night.
Clay Montgomery ALC Student Receives D.C. Internship
- Alice Lloyd College junior Clay Montgomery has been named one of the recipients of the Kentucky Society of Washington’s prestigious Henry Clay Internships for the summer of 2015.
Lexington spent more than $75,000 on NCAA tournament patrols, clean up
- An estimated $75,587.48 was spent after Kentucky's NCAA Sweet 16, Elite Eight, and Final Four games.
Hundreds camp out to get Maker's Mark bottle signed at Keeneland
- Strong spring storms didn't stop hundreds of people from camping out for what's become an annual Keeneland tradition.
Police shut down part of U.S. 421 in Harlan, investigation underway
- The Harlan Police Department has closed a road due to a situation involving methamphetamine.
Storms cancel, delay Bluegrass Airport flights
- Storms moving across the Midwest and into Kentucky canceled a couple of flights at Bluegrass Airport on Friday.
Barge carrying 100-foot crane drifts 4 miles down river
- Two barges, one carrying a 100-foot tall crane, drifted about four miles down the Kentucky River during last weekend's flooding without causing any significant damage.
Burglar hits Lexington gas station twice in 2 months
- Officers are searching for a man who broke into a Lexington gas station early Thursday morning.
Semi crash blocks two lanes of Interstate 75 in Lexington for five hours
- Interstate 75 southbound at the 115 mile marker in Lexington was reduced to one lane around midnight.
Governor's Derby Celebration set for downtown Frankfort
- Not all Derby Day events will take place in Louisville on the first Saturday in May.
Texas fugitive leads state police on a chase through downtown Lexington
- Kentucky State Police tried to make a traffic stop just after midnight on Wednesday.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.