Louisville inmate killed after Elliot County assault
- Kentucky State Police say an inmate was killed after an assault at Little Sandy Correctional Complex.
Kentucky Senator Smith acquitted of DUI charge, convicted of speeding
- Republican state Sen. Brandon Smith acquitted of DUI charge, convicted of speeding.
Kentucky Education Commissioner sends warning to Fayette County Public Schools
Updated: 1:25 PM
- The Kentucky Education Commissioner has warned that Fayette County Schools could face state actions if low-achieving schools don't improve.
One person killed after plane crashes in Perry County
Updated: 1:25 PM
- One person was killed after a plane crashed in the Lower Lost Creek community of Perry County on Thursday.
Madison Emergency Management director resigns amid employee's forgery case
- Director Carl Richards submitted his resignation to the Madison County Fiscal Court Thursday, effective immediately.
Police return Fayette inmate who failed to return from medical release
- James Edward Gregory, 27, was returned to the jail at 10:28 p.m. Wednesday, according to a release from the jail.
Police searching for two men after violent Lexington home invasion
- The Lexington Police Department is searching for two suspects after a home invasion on Wednesday night.
Lexington police: Man shot at a strip club on Winchester Road
- The Lexington Police Department was called to break up a fight at Diamonds on Thursday morning.
Pulaski man sentenced to 25 years for killing girlfriend, dumping her into sinkhole
- Johnny Hendrix beat Monica Wells in front of her 8-year-old son and later dumped her body into a sinkhole.
Website lets Kentuckians check on condition of waterways
- State officials say Kentuckians can now click on a website to find out if their favorite spot on the water is safe to swim or if the fish there are healthy enough to eat.
Lexington police link suspect to multiple crimes
- Police have charged Hugh Scott Sullivan, 23, who is a suspect in multiple burglaries and thefts.
Warrant issued for Fayette inmate who failed to return from release
- Fayette County jail officials are searching for an inmate who failed to return after being released to visit a doctor.
Car crashes into Lexington home, driver takes off
- The Lexington Police Department is searching for a driver after a car crashed into a home.
Young man injured in shooting at a Lexington park
- A young man is recovering after being shot in a Lexington park.
Lexington home destroyed by overnight fire
- The Lexington Fire Department is investigating after an overnight fire destroyed a home on Wednesday.
Couple escapes fire in Harrison County
- The Harrison County Fire Department is investigating the cause of a fire at a home.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.