Fired aide gets better-paying state job
- A Legislative Research Commission employee who was fired after appearing in a video for Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes has been hired into a better-paying state job.
State workers describe sexual harassment
- Two employees of the House Democratic leadership have told an ethics panel that a former state representative sexually harassed them before he resigned over the allegations.
Nicholasville NOW announces 2014 Kentucky Wine & Vine Fest
- The Kentucky Wine & Vine Fest will be held Saturday, May 17, 2014 in Downtown Nicholasville, Kentucky.
Hospice of the Bluegrass' Gretchen Brown honored with national award
- The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) and the hospice community honored Hospice of the Bluegrass President and CEO, Gretchen Brown, during NHPCO’s 29th Annual Management and Leadership Conference held March 27-March 29 in Washington, DC.
Berea College students handcraft 120 chairs for Governor’s Mansion
- As part of the Governor’s Mansion Centennial Celebration, student-artists from Berea College have handcrafted 120 new chairs for the Governor’s Mansion.
Keeneland releases security protocols forToyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Keeneland announced enhanced security measures for horses competing in the Toyota Blue Grass, to be held on Saturday, April 12.
Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital announces telethon
- Tune in Sunday, April 27, for the 43rd Annual Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital Telethon.
KBC blood donors get Kentucky Madness Final Four shirts Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- The Cats are back in the Final Four, and
Kentuckians everywhere are showing their Big Blue support. At Kentucky
Blood Center (KBC) Thursday through Saturday, donors can prove they
bleed blue and receive a blue Kentucky Madness Dallas 2014 T-shirt,
perfect to wear for the big game on Saturday.
Hospice of the Bluegrass hosts the Conversation Project
- On Healthcare Decision’s Day, Wednesday, April 16, Hospice of the Bluegrass will host a public forum to discuss the nationally acclaimed program, The Conversation Project, which is dedicated to helping people talk about their wishes for end-of-life care long before it is needed.
UK releases AT&T Stadium safety policy for Final Four
- Fans that plan on attending the 2014 Final Four at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, will face a safety policy implemented by NFL stadiums when entering the stadium.
Ohio Senate OKs deal allowing Tesla to sell cars
- The Ohio Senate has passed a bill that would let electric car maker Tesla Motors operate three dealerships in the state.
Family furniture company changes with the times
- A family furniture business in Campbellsville that was destroyed by fire in 2010 is rebuilding with reproduction Shaker and midcentury modern lines, as well as custom work.
Wildcats, led by the Harrisons, have proved so many wrong
- Admit it. You thought the Harrison twins were a bust. The forced shots, the stagnant offense, the eye-rolling, the body language. And the results. Ugh… the results.
More downtown cameras planned in Louisville after attacks
- Louisville Mayor Greg Fisher says more security cameras are being added in the city's downtown after multiple attacks were reported over the weekend.
Blood donors can prove they bleed blue or Cardinal red
- It's the Cats vs. the Cards on Friday, and Kentucky
Blood Center (KBC) donors can join in the madness. When they donate
Thursday or Friday this week, donors will receive a blue and red game
27 Ky. artists display work in Derby exhibit
- Works from 27 Kentucky artists are being included in the 2014 Governor's Derby Exhibit in Frankfort.
Senate sets up gas tax showdown
- Kentucky's Republican state Senate leaders rejected a gas tax increase of 1.5 cents per gallon on Tuesday.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
No Items Retrieved from Feed.