2014 BB&T Hospice Heroes Announced
- (LEXINGTON, Ky.) – Many people have worked tirelessly throughout Hospice of the Bluegrass’ 36-year history to ensure end-of-life care is available to everyone who needs it. The 2014 Class of BB&T Hospice Heroes were recognized at a celebration on June 20 at the Keeneland Sales Pavilion.
Lexington Police search for suspect in Chase Bank robbery
- Lexington Police are searching for a man who robbed a Lexington bank at gunpoint Saturday morning.
Popular target for thieves robbed again
- A Lexington Speedway robbed at least four times in the past year robbed again early Thursday morning.
EKY conservation districts footing bill to send more kids to camp
- Two hundred kids from the Eastern Kentucky region are spending their first night at Conservation Camp!
Traffic Alert: Combs Road shut down between both ramps
- Crews say it is one of the most heavily traveled parts of Perry County.
Coal production begins at western Kentucky mine
- Coal production has begun at a new mine in western Kentucky.
Lexington Restaurant Week returns for 2014
- June 11, 2014 - Lexington’s culinary event of the year is back for a bigger, better and altogether more downright decadent 10 days. Last summer 42 restaurants participated in the first annual Lexington Restaurant Week with an estimated economic impact of 2.4 million. This year 65 local restaurants are onboard for the celebration that runs over two weekends from July 24 – August 2.
Police investigating shots fired outside Lexington apartment
- It all started when a group of uninvited guests showed up to a party at Newtown Crossing.
Redwood Cooperative School to Launch this fall
- Redwood Cooperative School is a new non-profit, established by a group of parents in Lexington, Kentucky who want to continue their children’s preschool cooperative educational environment by founding a Cooperative Elementary School will open its door in August.
Lexington's First Honor Flight Set to Depart
- 30 Kentucky Veterans of World War II and Korea on
Sponsored Flight to Washington, D.C. Memorials.
Two injured in Whitley County ATV crash
- Shupe and Abner injured after ATV pulls off roadway
Bike Lexington presented by Pedal Power
- May is an exciting month for cyclists and this year's Bike Lexington Presented by Pedal Power promises many diverse--and mostly free--events! The Family Fun Ride will take place on Saturday, May 31, and will feature a new route that caters to all cycling levels and skills on two wheels.
Legends’ Taylor named All-Star MVP
- Outfielder Dominique Taylor of the Lexington Legends was named Most Valuable Player in the 2014 South Atlantic League All-Star game.
LEXrestaurants.com Launches website highlighting local Restaurants
- LEXrestaurants.com is your comprehensive guide to over 150 locally owned restaurants and the hottest culinary news. With last year’s restaurant week deemed a roaring success, LEXrestaurants.com is our prelude to Lexington’s 2nd Annual Restaurant Week July 24-August 2.
BSCTC student designs logo for William G. Duke Golf Scramble
- The William G. Duke Golf Scramble will have a new look when it tees off on Thursday, May 15, at StonceCrest golf course in Prestonsburg.
Cabela’s honors Hometown Heroes May 15, 16, 17, and 18
- Cabela’s stores nationwide will honor the contributions of those who serve by offering employee pricing to all veterans and active duty military and reserve, law enforcement, fire, and EMS personnel on May 15 to May 18.
CO-WORKERS, FAMILIES AND FRIENDS WALK TO STOP DIABETES
- On Saturday, May 31, Close to 1,200 people will join together to Stop Diabetes® for the nearly 26 million American children and adults with type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes and their families, friends, colleagues and caregivers.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.