Somerset police arrest assault suspect
Updated: 5:24 PM
- A man wanted for a violent attack in Somerset is now in custody.
Deputies search for closure for family of Pulaski Co. hit and run victim
Posted: 10:07 AM
- The Pulaski County sheriff's office says they're searching for a suspect in a hit and run case.
Suspect shot during robbery attempt at Winchester truck stop
Updated: 5:22 PM
- Police in Winchester are investigating a shooting after an apparent robbery at a truck stop.
Former NFL Player Marcus Dupree will share his story at American Diabetes Association functions
- The American Diabetes Association is happy to welcome Marcus Dupree to the Bluegrass for two events on Tuesday, September 23. Marcus was one of the country’s most highly recruited high school football players in the 1980’s. Football star, Marcus Dupree scored a record-breaking 87 touchdowns in high school, was recognized as an All-American and MVP of the 1983 Fiesta Bowl. Today Marcus splits his time between being a father, personal training and running his own trucking company.
Officials investigate alleged Corbin High School threat
- Corbin Independent Schools tell us they're looking into a threat they received over the weekend.
One dead in Wayne County motorcycle crash
- One man was killed and a woman was injured on Saturday after a motorcycle crash in Wayne County.
Laurel Co. mom charged for shoplifting with her kids
- A Laurel County mother is facing charges, on Monday, after she's accused of bringing her kids along while she stole from a Walmart store.
Scary moments for Lexington victims in home invasion
- Police are investigating an armed robbery and home invasion Monday morning.
Winchester project planning green space attraction
- The Greater Clark Foundation announces their plan to create a new "green space."
Lexington Health Dept. offers free flu shots on brink of flu season
- The first day of fall is Monday, September 22, and to most, it also marks the start of flu season.
Volunteers working to restore historic Boyle County cemetery
- Volunteers are working to uncover the past at a historic African American cemetery.
Superintendent talks audit with Fayette County parents
- He's promising a change after an audit found financial mismanagement in his district. On Thursday, Fayette County Schools superintendent Tom Shelton met with parents to walk them through the findings.
Man arrested for shooting near busy Winchester park
- A man was injured in a shooting, but Winchester Police tell us the bullet wasn't meant for him. The shots were fired on Meadow Street Thursday evening, not far from a busy park.
Rowan County coaches can't pray with players
- A pre-game ritual is getting some attention at an eastern Kentucky high school. The Rowan County principal says the football coach is no longer allowed to lead the team in prayer, and it's left some parents upset.
Nicholasville couple scammed out of $8,000
- They thought they found the right man to make repairs to their home but instead a couple says he stole thousands of dollars from them.
Kentucky to be marketed as 'Houseboat Capital of the World'
- Kentucky's Governor says legislation signifying this state as the 'Houseboat Capital of the World' will mean much for the state's tourism and economic development.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.