Woman killed, man seriously injured in crash on Ky. 80 in Somerset
- A 69-year-old woman was killed and a man was seriously injured Tuesday in a crash near the intersection of Ky. 80 and Ky. 461.
Man dies of snake bite during church service in Bell County
- John David Brock, 60, was bitten while handling a snake during a church service at Mossy Simpson Pentecostal Church in Jenson.
7-year-old child hit by car in Lexington
- The Lexington Police Department is investigating after a 7-year-old child was hit by a car on Monday evening.
Family of Lexington Marine starts support group
- A Lexington couple have started a support group for combat veterans. After the loss to suicide of Michael Mead, a Marine helicopter crew chief, his father and step-mother looked for ways to help veterans struggling with post-traumatic stress disorder or PTSD.
Kentucky escapee arrested in Ohio is suspect in Clark County murder
- Clark County Sheriff Berl Perdue Jr. said Roger Kinney, a man who escaped from police after he was arrested in May, is the primary suspect in a murder investigation.
Lexington police: Man stole safe from Kentucky Cattlemen's Association
- A Lexington man is charged with burglary after police say he stole a safe from the Kentucky Cattlemen's Association.
Police searching for man who robbed Lexington hotel overnight
- The Lexington Police Department is searching for a man who robbed a hotel on Saturday morning.
Hamburg Walmart among 40 stores to cut hours at 24-hour locations
- The Hamburg Walmart's new hours will be from 6 a.m. to midnight seven days a week.
Dozens rally outside Capitol in support of Jefferson Davis statue
- Dozens of people gathered Friday morning outside the Kentucky Capitol to rally against efforts to remove the the Jefferson Davis statue from the Capitol.
Woman dies at UK Hospital after Corbin crash
- The Fayette County coroner said a woman died at UK Hospital after a crash on Thursday night.
400 soldiers from 101st Airborne returning to Fort Campbell
- About 400 soldiers with the 101st Airborne Division are returning to Fort Campbell in the next few days from deployment to Afghanistan.
Taylor County man faces kidnapping, several other charges after two-county chase
- Marion D. Fisher was charged with fleeing and evading, driving under the influence, resisting arrest, wanton endangerment on a police officer and kidnapping.
WKYT Investigates | Testing the water at Lexington's pools
- There are 350 to 400 pools, both indoor and outdoor in Lexington. There are 12 inspectors charged with monitoring them monthly, during swimming season.
Police: Boy, 13, intentionally set fire that caused evacuation at Frankfort Walmart
- Police say a 13-year-old boy intentionally set a fire Thursday afternoon at Walmart, causing the store to evacuate for about two hours.
Driver ejected, 2 hospitalized after Lexington crash
- Two people were hospitalized on Thursday morning after a crash on Georgetown Road in Lexington.
Man arrested in Lexington burglary case
- Witnesses helped police identify a man believed to be involved in a pricey theft.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.