Search continues for 3 missing boaters on Ohio River
- Search crews are still looking for three people missing after the pontoon boat they were riding in hit a barge and capsized in the Ohio River during July 4th fireworks.
Rescuers searching for a new home for an abandoned horse
- A horse believed to be about 3-years-old is in need of a new home after being rescued last week in Bath County.
Laurel County woman killed, man arrested and charged with murder
- The Laurel County Sheriff's Department is investigating a homicide.
Boyle Co. man arrested, admitted to using drugs with child in car
- The Boyle County Sheriff's Department arrested a man on Friday after he admitted to using drugs.
Driver cited after crashing into a Laurel County Walmart
- A Laurel County man was cited after deputies say he crashed his car into a Walmart garden center.
Crews investigating fire at Mount Vernon tire storage facility
- The Mount Vernon Fire Department is investigating a fire that damaged a tractor trailer on Sunday morning.
Five juveniles charged after Lexington officer's assault
- Officers say a group of 10 juveniles were harassing a guard at the Hyatt Regency hotel. When police confronted the group they say one of the juveniles assaulted an officer.
Authorities say man was stabbed multiple times by woman who stole bucket truck
- A woman was arrested on Friday after leading police on a chase in a stolen bucket truck. She has since been charged with murder.
Thousands celebrate Independence Day at the Bluegrass 10,000
- Hundreds spent their holiday weekend running through Lexington for the Bluegrass 10,000.
One injured, one arrested after Wolfe County shooting
- Kentucky State Police say one man was hospitalized after a shooting on Friday.
Ohio man killed in Rowan County ATV crash
- The Rowan County coroner told WKYT a man was killed on Friday after an ATV crash.
Man arrested for kidnapping girl near a Lexington school, abusing her
- The Lexington Police Department arrested a man on Friday after they say he kidnapped a girl from a Lexington school and sexually abused her.
Organizers move the American Musical Salute concert to the EKU Ravine
- The American Musical Salute Concert will be held in the Brock Auditorium instead of the EKU Ravine.
Dirt Bowl basketball tournament to remain at Lexington's Dunbar Center
- A community meeting was held Tuesday afternoon to discuss the future of the Dirt Bowl, a basketball tournament held in Douglass Park.
Woman who led chase in stolen bucket truck faces DUI, other charges
- The woman is charged with second-degree wanton endangerment, driving under the influence, first-degree robbery, fleeing and evading police, criminal mischief and first-degree wanton endangerment.
Kentucky Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- The Kentucky Horse Park will soon be transitioning almost 30 miles of white plank fencing to black fencing. The white fencing has been in place since the iconic facility opened in 1978. The park is making this transition due to the economic and operational realities of maintaining white fencing versus black fencing.
More Top Stories
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.