AAA Insurance Presents the 37th Annual
Central Kentucky Home, Garden & Flower Show
April 12-15 at Lexington Center
The new show format features more gardens, shopping and remodeling.
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 20, 2012) — The Central Kentucky Home, Garden & Flower Show is the largest and longest-running show of its kind in Kentucky. Presented since 1976 at Lexington Center’s Heritage Hall and Rupp Arena, the title sponsor of this 37th annual show is AAA Insurance.
“We are pleased to announce AAA Insurance as the title sponsor this year,” said Doug Hart, consulting show manager for MAC Productions, producer of the AAA Insurance 37th Annual Central Kentucky Home, Garden & Flower Show. “The 2012 show is truly a streamlined experience of finding everything for the home and garden at one time, under one roof with more gardens, shopping and remodeling.”
Heritage Hall and Rupp Arena will be segmented into major categories, each of which could be a weekend show in itself. Together, they make up one huge event.
* AAA: at the title sponsor’s booth, AAA classic memberships are available to new members at a $15 enrollment discount, and associate members can be added to those new memberships at no charge. Also at the AAA booth, register to win a $100 Visa gift card and other prizes, and ask about ordering a University of Kentucky AAA membership card.
* “Small Space Gardens,” presented by Meade Hardscapes: these exhibitors in Heritage Hall provide landscaping advice, designs and products for small-scale spaces. Jon Carloftis Fine Gardens is among this year’s experts; Carloftis will be selling his Louisville Stoneware birdhouses and other gardening products.
* “Kitchen, Bath and Remodeling Showcase”: a show within a show, anything and everything to do with kitchens and baths are in one location inside Heritage Hall, with vendors offering cabinetry, flooring, tile, windows and construction. This area alone is larger than other home shows in the region.
* “The Green Zone,” presented by Bluegrass Greenworks: the Elkhorn Room of Heritage Hall will be filled with environmentally friendly products and resources, including energy-saving systems for the home.
* “Kentucky Architectural Artists,” presented by the Kentucky Arts Council: on display in Heritage Hall, Kentucky Crafted artisans feature their high-end designs for homeowners, including one-of-a-kind sculptures and accessories, architectural installations and custom-made fixtures.
* Lexington Farmer’s Market: local producers are in Heritage Hall selling fresh produce and plants, natural meats and cheeses, local honey and jams, handmade body care products and other locally produced items.
* “What’s Up in Rupp,” presented by the Better Business Bureau: the BBB’s silent auction has hundreds of items donated by BBB accredited businesses.
* “Indoor/Outdoor Living Showcase”: another show within a show in Rupp Arena, featuring landscaping, outdoor rooms and furniture for patios and sunrooms.
* “Home, Garden and Flower Market”: Shop local vendors and unique shops around the country showcasing gardening tools, home accessories, fresh-cut flowers and bulbs.
* Adjacent to the BBB’s silent auction area, a rock fence will be built by the Dry Stone Conservancy.
*Also displaying the fruits of their labors in Rupp Arena, and offering advice, will be the University of Kentucky Department of Horticulture and The Arboretum.
Show Hours Hours of the show are Thursday and Friday, April 12-13 from 5 to 9:30 p.m.; Saturday, April 14 from 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.; Sunday, April 15 from noon to 6 p.m.
Tickets are $8 at the door, $1.50 ticket discounts are offered online at www.ckyhomeshow.com. Children 14 and under are admitted free with paid adult admission. There is plenty of free parking in the Rupp Arena lot. Stay up to date with vendor information on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ckyhomeshow.