WKYT - Your Town - Headlines

Susan G Komen Lexington launches Dine Out for the Cure Event

The Susan G. Komen Lexington Affiliate is set to launch their Dine Out for the Cure event this week with the help of several local restaurants. Dine Out for the Cure is a program that partners the Komen Lexington Affiliate with restaurants all over the city to help raise money for local breast cancer programs. 75% of Komen Lexington funds raised fund local screenings, treatment, education and patient support services to make sure barriers are as minimal as possible when it comes to breast health services being received. The remaining 25% of income is invested into research to find a cure.
Dine Out for the Cure, which will run from September 18-29th, and is one of the many programs leading up to the annual Race for the Cure® which will be held on October 5th at Robert Stephen Courthouse (120 N Limestone) here in downtown Lexington.
To participate, visit one of the restaurants listed below and when you do, 10-20% of the restaurant’s profit will support Susan G. Komen Lexington’s efforts. This year alone Komen has funded over $360,000 into the community.
Participating restaurants are listed below.
• September 18th
o Jamba Juice
 535 S. Upper Street from 8am-9pm
o Butt Rubbin BBQ
 450 Southland Drive from 4-8pm
• September 21st
o Coffee Times
 2571 Regency Road from 7:30am-9pm
o Limestone Blue
 133 N Limestone. All day
• September 23rd
o Puccini’s from 11:00am-9:30pm
 833 Chevy Chase Place
 3191 Beaumont Center Circle
• 3801 Dylan Place

Visit the Susan G. Komen Lexington website at www.komenlexington.org for more information about grants, programs, services or how to get involved.

Disqus has not been setup for this website.
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 224391281 - wkyt.com/a?a=224391281
Gray Television, Inc.