Pax hits Kentucky: Winter weather continues to pack a punch
- Winter weather is still packing a punch, and it’s continuing to hit the community’s blood supply hard.
Survey finds half of kindergarteners not ready
- A new report says about half of kindergartners in Kentucky aren't prepared to master essential skills in school.
2014 Touchstone Energy All “A” Classic basketball begins this week
- Every year, Kentucky’s Touchstone Energy Cooperatives are happy to sponsor the Touchstone Energy All “A” Classic, an annual celebration of youth in which students from the state’s smallest high schools get a much deserved opportunity to compete in academics and sports on a big stage.
People react to snow and cold in Boyle County
- A small restaurant and store in western Boyle County was a "refuge" of sorts from the cold Friday.
Former youth leader sentenced to 5 years
- A former youth leader at a central Kentucky church has been sentenced to five years in prison.
Polar vortex hits blood supply: blood donors needed this week
- The polar vortex hit the blood supply this week, just like it did the rest of the country.
Blue Grass Energy announces Doug Fritz as director
- The Board of Directors of Blue Grass Energy is pleased to announce the appointment of Doug Fritz as director for District 3. He fills the remaining term of former director E.A. “Ned” Gilbert.
Ag department's Poster and Essay Contest opens category for digital photos and art
- The Kentucky Department of Agriculture’s Poster and Essay Contest will add a category for digital submissions this year along with the traditional poster and essay competitions.
Kentucky Horse Park announces holiday hours
- The Kentucky Horse Park will be closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 24-25, and again New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 31–Jan. 1.
Help arrives for Danville Food Bank
- Thanks to recent donations, a Danville food bank will be able to keep it's doors open for another month.
Boyle officials draw on 2009 storm in weather preps
- Schools closed early and emergency officials began planning for what could be an interesting weekend in Boyle County.
Judge refuses to release minister accused in triple murder
- The minister accused of killing three people inside a Danville store will stay in jail after a judge refused to release him on bond.
Suits filed against Danville glass plant operators
- Federal lawsuits claim hazardous wastes from a glass manufacturing plant in Danville endangered the health of employees and neighbors over a period of decades.
Danville man reports burglary, ends up getting arrested
- He called police to report a burglary, but the tipster ended up going to jail as well.
Some snow, few problems in Boyle County
- Snow began falling about 6 o'clock Tuesday night but mainly stayed to the grassy surfaces.
Lockdown at Danville High School lifted
- Danville High school was placed on lockdown Tuesday morning after police received a call that someone thought they spotted a student with a gun on campus.
More Top Stories
Photos From Danville
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.