He's being called a hero.
A young boy helped his grandmother and two brothers get to safety early Tuesday morning when a home on Crosshill Drive in Danville caught fire.
However, the grandmother later ran back into the home, and she's now in critical condition.
The three boys were all treated and released from the hospital.
Jeremy Quinn and his grandmother, Patty May, who was visiting from Florida, went out the back of the house to escape the flames.
Jeremy then ran to the front of the house, to help his brothers get out.
"I picked up a cider block and threw it through the window," Jeremy Quinn said.
May then ran back inside the home to get her purse.
When police arrived, they say she was on the back porch, but suffering from severe smoke inhalation.
May was taken Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center in Danville, where she was last listed in critical condition. Her family says she will be taken to UK Hospital for treatment.
Fire investigators say they've narrowed the origin of the fire to an area in the living room near a couch, but they don't have an exact cause yet.
They are certain the fire was accidental.
The family had seven dogs and two cats. One of the dogs died in the fire.