Boyle schools on soft lockdown after sheriff receives a tip
- School officials locked down Boyle County Schools after the sheriff's office received a tip about a search in Casey County.
Danville police catch thieves in the act of stealing copper
- Danville police officers have arrested two men for burglarizing a Kentucky Utilities substation and trying to steal copper.
Two pleaded guilty in Boyle County raccoon mauling case
- Two men charged in a raccoon mauling incident have pleaded guilty.
Boyle County defeats Lexington Catholic 60-59 in Sweet 16
- Jeremiah Bell drove for a layup with four seconds remaining to give Boyle County a 60-59 victory over Lexington Catholic in the first round of the Kentucky boys' Sweet 16 tournament Thursday in Lexington.
New developments in Danville triple murder case
- There are some new developments in the case against a man accused of killing three people at a Danville store.
Boyle Co. fire leaves man fighting for his life
- Two people will have to find a new place to live after a fire destroyed their home. One of the homeowners is now in the hospital fighting for his life after he somehow managed to walk a great distance to get help.
Student, 15, charged after threat causes lock down at several Boyle Co. schools
- A 15-year-old boy was taken into custody Tuesday hours after authorities locked down several schools in Boyle County because of threat to shoot a bus load of children.
Emergency crews respond to road collapse in Danville
- Dispatchers with Boyle County Emergency Management tell WKYT that First Street is closed between Main Street and Broadway.
Danville woman killed in Washington Co. crash
- Kentucky State Police say slick roads were a factor in a crash that killed a central Kentucky woman.
Brain surgery patient from '95 attends Dr. Ben Carson's speech in Danville
- Among those in the audience was a Kentucky family whose son survived a dangerous disorder thanks to surgery the doctor performed 20 years ago.
Boyle Co. man arrested for cocaine possession during traffic stop
- The Boyle County Sheriff's Office says a man tried to hide drugs by stuffing them into his beer.
Centre College announces $20 million gift
- The nearly 1,400-student college in Danville, Kentucky, said Monday that the $20 million gift given by an anonymous donor will help create a new full-ride-plus scholarship program. It's the lead gift for the $40 million scholarship program that will support 40 students by the fall of 2019.
Boy, 17, killed in Boyle County crash
- Boyle County deputies are investigating a crash that killed one teenager and injured another. Police say Daniel Neal, 17, was a a passenger in a car and was killed. Relative say Neal's 17 year old girlfriend was hurt but was treated and released from a hospital.
Republican Harmon to file for Kentucky auditor
- Kentucky state Rep. Mike Harmon is filing to run for state auditor.
Harmon's campaign says the Danville Republican will file on Friday morning at the state Capitol.
Danville community marches to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- More than 150 people came together Monday afternoon at the First Baptist Church in downtown Danville to sing, celebrate and march to honor the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Woman charged with wanton endangerment in shoplifting case
- A shoplifting case, quickly escalates.
A Central Kentucky woman is in jail and charged with wanton endangerment, after police say a security guard was thrown to the ground when he tried to stop her from driving away.
More Top Stories
Photos From Danville
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.