Floyd County Headlines
John Hunt sworn in as Floyd County sheriff
- Former Kentucky State Police trooper John Hunt took the oath of office Tuesday to become Floyd County's next sheriff. Hunt succeeds John K. Blackburn, who served four terms and nearly 16 years in office.
More Floyd County News
Floyd County man grows pumpkin weighing more than 1,000 pounds
- A Floyd County man once again placed high at a pumpkin weigh in bringing in farmers from various states.
Big Sandy Kickoff to Cure Diabetes
- The Third Annual Big Sandy Walk to Cure Diabetes is a public celebration of those living with type one and the progress being made to find a cure for type one diabetes. The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, in partnership with Walters Toyota, invite anyone touched by the disease to attend. The event will offer free kid’s activities, live music and lunch immediately following the walk.
Unplugged: BSCTC students go without cell phones, social media, and video games
- Imagine a world without cell phones, social media or video games. That's the reality for some students at Big Sandy Community and Technical College this week. They accepted a challenge and along with it came a new perspective and appreciation for being "unplugged".
UPDATE: Cleanup continues one month after flooding, Governor asks for federal disaster declaration
- It has been one month since Prestonsburg and surrounding areas were slammed with heavy rain and devastating flash flooding. As cleanup efforts continue, some new information from officials is was announced that will hopefully provide some help in the coming weeks.
Beshear asks for Eastern Ky. disaster declaration
- Gov. Steve Beshear has asked for a federal disaster declaration in eastern Kentucky following heavy rains that caused flooding, washed out roads and forced people from their homes.
More More Floyd County News
Photos from Floyd County
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.