Frankfort authorities locate 11-year-old girl who was reported missing
- Frankfort Police Department and Office of Emergency Management have located a missing juvenile.
State auditor launching investigation into rape kit backlog
- He's launching an investigation into unprocessed rape kits. State Auditor Adam Edelen says the kits are piling up on shelves, and preventing prosecutors from doing their jobs.
Localized flooding highly likely in Franklin County
- With more rainfall on the way for Central Kentucky, emergency management officials are concerned for more high water issues.
Travel restrictions in place in Frankfort, lawmakers stay home
- A historic snow storm came at a crucial time for Kentucky lawmakers.
Central Kentucky road crews dig out of snow storm
- Crews from Lexington, Scott, Madison and Franklin counties responded to Thursday's record snowfall.
Two men honored for saving life in Franklin County
- They risked their lives to save the life of a stranger and on Thursday, two men were honored for their heroic actions.
Volunteers dig out Frankfort schools
- Dozens of volunteers removed snow and ice from sidewalks, steps, and parking lots at Frankfort Independent Schools Sunday.
Frankfort digs out from latest round of snowfall
- Just when all of the snow was removed from Franklin County's main roads, a new round of snow sent crews back out to plow.
Snowfall in Frankfort perfect for cross country skiing
- Monday's snowfall created problems for drivers, a Frankfort woman chose a different way to get around.
Kentucky legislature cancels Tuesday session
- The Kentucky state legislature will not meet on Tuesday after a massive winter storm dumped nearly a foot of snow on some parts of the state.
State departments prepare for winter weather
- State road crews across the state are working to keep drivers safe.
State senator pleads not guilty to DUI, loses license
- During Wednesday morning's hearing, Brandon Smith's attorney told the court that he wants a jury trial for his client.
Legislative Black History Month Celebration is Tuesday
- The 12th annual Legislative Black History Month Celebration is Tuesday morning in Frankfort.
Second anti-heroin bill introduced in Kentucky Legislature
- A second bill has been introduced in the Kentucky Legislature to fight the state's heroin problem.
Battle brewing between small and large beer distributors
- It's a battle brewing within the beer industry, and it's making its way to the state legislature.
Lexington man arrested in connection with string of car break-ins
- A Lexington man is behind bars, facing charges from several counties in connection with a rash of car break-ins.
More Top Stories
Photos from Frankfort
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.