Guilty plea in Franklin Co. drug case
- There's new information in the case of a Franklin County drug suspect, police say, had a list of police officer's names and unit numbers.
Bugs greet Franklin County employees in new building
- The Franklin County Sheriff's Office recently moved into the vacant health department building, ever since, workers have questioned the conditions.
Crane falls into Franklin Co. creek
- Investigators are trying to figure out what caused a crane to fall into a creek in Franklin County.
Franklin Co. child abuse suspect arrested on drug charges
- A Franklin County man awaiting sentencing in a child abuse case is in trouble with the law again.
Boy who died at Transylvania pool identified
- A teenager who died while attending a summer academic camp at Transylvania University has been identified.
Caregiver convicted of scamming disabled veterans requests shock probation
- A Franklin County judge may give shock probation to the caregiver who was convicted of scamming thousands of dollars out of veterans with disabilities.
Kentucky Proud Foods will set the pace at Saturday's Quaker State 400
- FRANKFORT, Ky. — Kentucky Proud foods will be served to fans at the Kentucky Speedway for Saturday’s Quaker State 400 Presented by Advance Auto Parts and for the remainder of the racing season, Agriculture Commissioner James Comer announced.
Study: Lawrenceburg Kentucky's safest city, Winchester next to last
- A new ranking of Kentucky cities over 10,000 people found Lawrenceburg as the safest and Louisville, Winchester, and Newport as the most unsafe.
Strong winds rip through Frankfort, downing trees and power lines
- Some people living in Frankfort had a huge mess to clean up Friday after a strong storm blew through.
Kentucky's unemployment rate holds steady at 7.7 percent in May
- Kentucky's seasonally adjusted preliminary unemployment rate remained at 7.7 percent from April 2014 to May 2014, according to the Office of Employment and Training (OET), an agency of the Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet.
State proposes new office building in Frankfort
- The Kentucky Finance and Administration Cabinet is asking developers to bid on a proposed 334,000-square-foot office building in the state capitol.
Franklin County road to be closed for repairs
- Starting Thursday night, the right lane of US 27 between the Kentucky river and Wilkinson blvd. will be closed
Fallen officer honored 42 years after death
- A Frankfort Water Patrol Officer that died in the line of duty, was recognized 42 years after his death.
Frankfort caregiver accused of stealing handicapped patient's identity
- A Frankfort father says he feels betrayed by the caregiver who is accused of stealing his handicapped son's identity.
WKYT Investigates: Concerns over safety of I-64 bridge
- A Frankfort mother says an I-64 bridge is too dangerous for her children's bus to pass under, but the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says looks can be deceiving.
KSU names interim president
- Kentucky State University had announced an interim president.
More Top Stories
Photos from Frankfort
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.