Kentucky legislature cancels Tuesday session
- The Kentucky state legislature will not meet on Tuesday after a massive winter storm dumped nearly a foot of snow on some parts of the state.
State departments prepare for winter weather
- State road crews across the state are working to keep drivers safe.
State senator pleads not guilty to DUI, loses license
- During Wednesday morning's hearing, Brandon Smith's attorney told the court that he wants a jury trial for his client.
Legislative Black History Month Celebration is Tuesday
- The 12th annual Legislative Black History Month Celebration is Tuesday morning in Frankfort.
Second anti-heroin bill introduced in Kentucky Legislature
- A second bill has been introduced in the Kentucky Legislature to fight the state's heroin problem.
Battle brewing between small and large beer distributors
- It's a battle brewing within the beer industry, and it's making its way to the state legislature.
Lexington man arrested in connection with string of car break-ins
- A Lexington man is behind bars, facing charges from several counties in connection with a rash of car break-ins.
Woman in sexual harassment case loses job, attorney says
- The newest member of the state House Democratic leadership team has terminated a woman who has a pending sexual harassment case against a former Democratic lawmaker.
Comer files for governor's race on Thursday
- Republican James Comer officially filed to run for governor on Thursday morning.
Scarves for homeless pop up on Frankfort bridge
- Scarves have been popping up on a Frankfort bridge for the past few weeks. The woman behind the project says it's all about caring for those in need.
Rubicon Global raises $30M in latest round of financing
- A Lexington-based waste and recycling company says it has raised $30 million in its latest round of financing.
Martin Luther King Citizenship Award recipient announced
- A Madisonville man is being presented with the Martin Luther King Citizenship Award on Thursday in Frankfort.
Gov. Beshear announces expansion of training program
- More Kentucky students will be eligible to earn credit at community colleges while working in jobs that pay well and are in high demand.
State police crack down on distracted driving with new initiative
- They say it's becoming a huge problem on Kentucky roads and it's putting lives in danger. Now, state police have launched a new operation targeting distracted drivers.
KSP takes aim at aggressive, impaired, distracted driving
- Kentucky State Police have started a new initiative aimed at cracking down on aggressive, impaired and distracted driving.
Frankfort teen arrested for taking kidnapping victim on wild ride
- A Frankfort teen is behind bars after police say he kidnapped someone, and forced them to drive him to Lexington.
More Top Stories
Photos from Frankfort
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.