Campaign aims to reduce traffic deaths in Ky.
- Kentucky State Police officials say the state is at its lowest highway fatality rate in nearly 50 years.
KDA SEEKS POSTERS, ESSAYS, DIGITAL IMAGES ON ‘GROWING THE NEXT GENERATION OF FARMERS’
- FRANKFORT, Ky. — “Kentucky Agriculture: Growing the Next Generation of Farmers” is the theme of the Kentucky Department of Agriculture’s 2015 Poster and Essay Contest.
KENTUCKY PROUD AWARENESS SPREADING TO COMMONWEALTH’S RURAL AREAS, SURVEY SAYS
- FRANKFORT, Ky. — Kentucky Proud was a hit in Kentucky’s two largest cities in its early days but was largely unknown anywhere else in the state. That’s no longer the case, a recent University of Kentucky survey shows.
Interstate reopens after cattle trailer overturned in Franklin County
- A crash involving a semi shut down both sides of Interstate 64 in Franklin County on Tuesday morning.
Videos made for young chefs in Kentucky
- Young visitors to the Kentucky Capitol can learn about more than history, with a cooking demonstration series now available in the Capitol Education Center.
#WKYTRulesWinter: Slideshow of winter weather pictures
- As the first measurable snow of the seasons blankets parts of Kentucky, WKYT viewers share their pictures.
Luallen to become 56th lieutenant governor
- Former state Auditor Crit Luallen will become Kentucky's 56th lieutenant governor during a private ceremony this afternoon.
Kentucky native who protected her kids in tornado up for national award
- A Kentucky native, who is now a double amputee, is up for an award in a national competition.
Golden Alert canceled for missing Franklin County man
- Franklin County officials have canceled a golden alert Sunday for 55 year old Joe Frank Hunt.
Kentucky State to cut faculty, staff jobs
- Kentucky State University's board of regents has approved cutting dozens of positions to help with a $7 million deficit.
Name added to Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Frankfort
- The Kentucky Vietnam Veterans Memorial foundation is adding another soldier's name to the Vietnam Veterans memorial in Frankfort.
Stumbo to press for higher Kentucky minimum wage
- Kentucky House Speaker Greg Stumbo says he'll make another push to raise the state's minimum wage, but he faces the same skepticism from his Senate counterparts.
Former Franklin County deputy enters plea
- A former sheriff's deputy has pleaded guilty to theft from a program that receives government benefits.
Democrats hold on to power in Kentucky House
- Democrats have hung on to control of the Kentucky House to maintain their shared power with Senate Republicans in the General Assembly.
Bedbug found in state building in Frankfort
- A bedbug has been found in the large state building where the Cabinet for Health and Family Services is located in Frankfort.
Deputies find pocket knives in Franklin County trick-or-treat bags
- While deputies were screening trick-or-treat bags with X-ray machines at the Franklin County Judicial Center Friday night they say they found pocket knives in treat bags belonging to two young children.
More Top Stories
Photos from Frankfort
WKYT & WYMT Community Events Calendar
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.